What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Passport Question / Advice (1 Viewer)

russinfortworth

Footballguy
Getting passports for our family for this summer.

Question I have concerns me:

Birth Certificate has my father's last name.

My mom and he divorced early, and I was adopted by my stepfather at age 5 and had my name changed by court decree at that time.

What do I need to present to the passport agency to get this handled? Have time to get it done, but don't want to put off and then not have everything we need.

thanks.

My mom and he divorced early, and I was adopted by my stepfather at age 5 and had my name changed by court decree at that time.

What do I need to present to the passport agency to get this handled? Have time to get it done, but don't want to put off and then not have everything we need.

thanks.
I am no expert, but this sounds easy. provide birf certificate, along with court decree. the court decree is sufficient for your 'assumed' name.

just my .02

I think that I found a form that I need to get my parents to fill out that they confirm that they have known me to utilize my last name for the last 5 years, and then I need to get 2 pieces of documentation supporting that I've "legally" used my current last name for the last 5 years.

thanks.
I think the county birth certificate is called a primary proof of citizenship, but you can also use a secondary document like a hospital birth certificate. That's your proof of citizenship by where you were born.

Then your driver's license serves as your ID card. When you filled out your DL application there was probably a section or question about previous names used.

On the U.S. Pass port application, there is a specific question on previous names.

9. List all other names you have used. (Examples: Birth Name, Maiden, Previous Marriage, Legal Name Change. Attach additional pages if needed)
Basically, no big deal.

I have had change of surnames.... birth cert along with supporting court documents showing legal name change and you are good.

I think that I found a form that I need to get my parents to fill out that they confirm that they have known me to utilize my last name for the last 5 years, and then I need to get 2 pieces of documentation supporting that I've "legally" used my current last name for the last 5 years.
I am pretty sure this is required if you don't have a document that 'legally' changes your name, which you stated you do.

I am pretty sure this is required if you don't have a document that 'legally' changes your name, which you stated you do.
Correct. Just got confirmation.

FFA works faster than the Government, imagine that.

When Trump is prez this will easier - just say you're from Mexico and he'll ship you out on the next plane. hth.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread