What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People are waiting in line outside the Circuit City here (1 Viewer)

Saw a video on Facebook of two women fighting after one woman ripped a box out of the other woman's daughters hands. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. It happened at Wal-Mart

I just don't get it. I'm 100% online this year, probably even down to the cards and wrapping paper if they're on Amazon Prime. I don't understand people still parking a half mile away to go wade into a sea of idiots at the mall. The traffic here will be nuts from now until New Year's.

I just don't get it. I'm 100% online this year, probably even down to the cards and wrapping paper if they're on Amazon Prime. I don't understand people still parking a half mile away to go wade into a sea of idiots at the mall. The traffic here will be nuts from now until New Year's.
I would never, ever venture out on Black Friday, it's insane. However, I am really loosing confidence in shopping online due to theft. Unless I can somehow be at home for the delivery, the package is as likely to end up in someone else's hands as it is in mine. It amazes me to see the home video cam footage of cars just following the UPS trucks around and helping themselves, in broad daylight, as soon as it drives away. Not sure what I will do this holiday season. Very thankful I no longer have kids at home I have to buy for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never, ever venture out on Black Friday, it's insane. However, I am really loosing confidence in shopping online due to theft. Unless I can somehow be at home for the delivery, the package is as likely to end up in someone else's hands as it is in mine. It amazes me to see the home video cam footage of cars just following the UPS trucks around and helping themselves, in broad daylight, as soon as it drives away. Not sure what I will do this holiday season. Very thankful I no longer have kids at home I have to buy for.
Wow, I haven't heard of that. My only fear is the UPS guy throwing a brick through the window because we order so much crap.

Wow, I haven't heard of that. My only fear is the UPS guy throwing a brick through the window because we order so much crap.
yeah you keep him employed. He must hate you

Seems to me he should be giving you a Christmas card thanking you for the job security.

Have the package delivered to a local UPS or Pack Mail store.

Have the package delivered to a local UPS or Pack Mail store.
How does that work? Can you do that when ordering from Amazon, etc??

Some sentient being in the Zeta quadrant is looking down on the events captured in these videos and turns to the guy next to him and says, "Jesus. Just nuke 'em."

Funny. Around here, all the articles were about how laid back Black Friday was. No big crowds, no big lines, no scuffles. A lot of folks were actually COMPLAINING that it just wasn't the same. They found it boring because there was none of the excitement of the big Black Friday crushes and rushes.

CurlyNight said:
shadyridr said:
Saw a video on Facebook of two women fighting after one woman ripped a box out of the other woman's daughters hands. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. It happened at Wal-Mart
Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7klNQyyLpiA
WTF?!?!? :lmao:
You know would be funny? Wile E. Coyote hitting that lady in the face with a shovel and her face taking the shape of that same shovel. Then he takes her from behind.

I go out and before they had it on Thanksgiving, sometimes at 3/4 AM. Sometimes not even looking for anything in particular- just if I happen across a good deal on something I wouldn't mind having but wouldn't buy at full price. In general though, I like crowds. I like to be where there is activity and people watch. I like the madness of it for the madness sake. I live in a city of about 300k and it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll see some folks I know so there's a social aspect to it.

I was thinking it would be awesome if there was a Darwinian type of reckoning awaiting these people as they flood into Walmart. Like the floor opens into an abyss, that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread