What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People that drafted Brady and Moss..... (1 Viewer)

Drafted in the 7 slot of a 10-team league, took Moss at 1.7 and Brady at 2.4.

I'm 4-0 right now. Pretty crappy RB's, but I nailed my WR's.

Brady

Kev Smith

Reggie Bush

R Moss

C Ochocinco

J Cotchery

M SimsWalker

Witten

Gostkowski

Minnesota D/St

I'm hoping that Brady/Moss can get the connection going that they had in 2007, but I'm starting to get concerned it is never going to happen this season.

2-2 and would be 3-1 if I start S. Moss in week 3.

Not the start I wanted but I hope that they are just heating up.

I have Brady, Moss, and Peterson in one league and am now 1-3. All have been extremely close games.

I drafted 1.07 Chris Johnson, 2.8 Moss, but traded for Brady before week 1.

2-2.

(14 team PPR)

3-1 in my 14-team league. PPR.

Went Brady/Moss/McFadden/Marshawn Lynch. Not a lot of production out of my first 4 picks. :)

I'm in a six-way tie for 1st at 3-1, but I'm last of the six in points scored. I got very lucky one week, having the 13th highest score but playing the 14th best team. In week 1, I won thanks to Santonio Holmes (and Moss and Brady had big games, actually). Last week I won thanks to Mendenhall.

Haven't had the best draft, but have managed to hold down the fort until (hopefully) Brady/Moss emerge, Lynch returns, and one other RB explodes.

1.10 WR Randy Moss

2.5 QB Tom Brady

3.5 RB Darren McFadden

4.10 RB Marshawn Lynch

5.5 WR Santonio Holmes

6.10 TE Greg Olsen

7.5 WR Torry Holt

8.10 RB Fred Taylor

9.5 RB Rashard Mendenhall

10.10 RB Michael Bush

11.5 WR Muhsin Muhammad

12.10 WR Mark Clayton

13.5 WR Troy Williamson

14.10 TE Todd Heap

15.5 DST Chicago DST

16.10 RB Mike Goodson

17.5 K Ryan Longwell

18.10 QB Marc Bulger

19.5 WR Matt Jones

3-1 in my 14-team league. PPR.Went Brady/Moss/McFadden/Marshawn Lynch. Not a lot of production out of my first 4 picks. :shrug:I'm in a six-way tie for 1st at 3-1, but I'm last of the six in points scored. I got very lucky one week, having the 13th highest score but playing the 14th best team. In week 1, I won thanks to Santonio Holmes (and Moss and Brady had big games, actually). Last week I won thanks to Mendenhall.Haven't had the best draft, but have managed to hold down the fort until (hopefully) Brady/Moss emerge, Lynch returns, and one other RB explodes.1.10 WR Randy Moss 2.5 QB Tom Brady 3.5 RB Darren McFadden 4.10 RB Marshawn Lynch 5.5 WR Santonio Holmes 6.10 TE Greg Olsen 7.5 WR Torry Holt 8.10 RB Fred Taylor 9.5 RB Rashard Mendenhall 10.10 RB Michael Bush 11.5 WR Muhsin Muhammad 12.10 WR Mark Clayton 13.5 WR Troy Williamson 14.10 TE Todd Heap 15.5 DST Chicago DST 16.10 RB Mike Goodson 17.5 K Ryan Longwell 18.10 QB Marc Bulger 19.5 WR Matt Jones
Hey Chase, what size league is this, I'm guessing 14 from your post. For the record, I'm not being sarcastic, just am confused about where and why you took some players. Outside of the obvious gaff of Brady in the 2nd - McFadden in the 3rd, Holt in the 7th, Goodson & Matt Jones drafted at all?

2-2. Was matched up against Adrian Peterson in week 1 and Frank Gore in week 2. :thumbup:

Would have won that week 2 matchup regardless had I started McGahee.

Drafted Brady in the 1st and Moss in the 2nd (10 team league). Last time I will EVER draft a quarterback in the first round. :popcorn:

I'm 3-1 but with the 2nd-lowest point total in the league. It's only a matter of time before everyone catches up and I miss the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
1-3. Only won week 1, and have lost ever since. They killed me week 2 (v Jets). Drafting them has forced me to play musical chairs at RB and I have quickly found out that is not a recipe for success. I don't have a lot of optimism for my team but am going to stand pat and hope things turn around.

Nope, I am 8-4. We play 3 games a week. 12-team league. Drafting B. Westbrook, V. Jackson, Driver, Mason, C. Benson, Shianchoe, Celek, Giants defense, and picking up Bradshaw and Cadillac up off waivers is why (Bradshaw was dropped early on, and I picked him up the next week).

1-3

Ended up with Kevin Smith at RB1 which hasn't been too bad but I've been struggling to fill my RB2 and flex spots - usually just picking the wrong guys week to week.

4-0, although I'm a trade-a-holic and didn't draft Brady, but traded for him before week 1. Been wheeling and dealing every week and finally satisfied with what I've got.

Main reason behind my 4-0 is having amazing depth and wide recievers.

R.Moss

AJ

Fitzgerald

Sims-Walker

Roddy White

2-2 & within a few pts of hi pts

Colston, S Smith (NY), Caddy (14th rd), Bell, R Brown, Bush, Celek

3-1. 2nd highest scoring team.

The #1 reason I decided to go this route was the RB depth in rounds 3-7. In my 10-teamer...I ended up with the following RB:

3.09 - RBrown

4.02 - RGrant

5.09 - RRice

That RB depth theory looks like it was accurate.

switz said:
Chase Stuart said:
3-1 in my 14-team league. PPR.Went Brady/Moss/McFadden/Marshawn Lynch. Not a lot of production out of my first 4 picks. :bs:I'm in a six-way tie for 1st at 3-1, but I'm last of the six in points scored. I got very lucky one week, having the 13th highest score but playing the 14th best team. In week 1, I won thanks to Santonio Holmes (and Moss and Brady had big games, actually). Last week I won thanks to Mendenhall.Haven't had the best draft, but have managed to hold down the fort until (hopefully) Brady/Moss emerge, Lynch returns, and one other RB explodes.1.10 WR Randy Moss 2.5 QB Tom Brady 3.5 RB Darren McFadden 4.10 RB Marshawn Lynch 5.5 WR Santonio Holmes 6.10 TE Greg Olsen 7.5 WR Torry Holt 8.10 RB Fred Taylor 9.5 RB Rashard Mendenhall 10.10 RB Michael Bush 11.5 WR Muhsin Muhammad 12.10 WR Mark Clayton 13.5 WR Troy Williamson 14.10 TE Todd Heap 15.5 DST Chicago DST 16.10 RB Mike Goodson 17.5 K Ryan Longwell 18.10 QB Marc Bulger 19.5 WR Matt Jones
Hey Chase, what size league is this, I'm guessing 14 from your post. For the record, I'm not being sarcastic, just am confused about where and why you took some players. Outside of the obvious gaff of Brady in the 2nd - McFadden in the 3rd, Holt in the 7th, Goodson & Matt Jones drafted at all?
I love reading Switz posts. He never misses a chance to go out of his way to start a fight.

One said:
I drafted 1.07 Chris Johnson, 2.8 Moss, but traded for Brady before week 1.

2-2.

(14 team PPR)
Moss at 22 overall? Nice grab! Nice luck for you for himm falling that far. Any other steals in this draft? I'm kinda surprised you're only 2-2

I'm sitting at 3-1 and should be 4-0 if Gore didn't get a 0 in week 3 - lost by 1 point.

I was able to get Ronnie Brown, Gore, Moreno, FWP, LenDale, Bradshaw, as my RB's after snagging Moss and Brady in the first 2 rounds of a 10 team redraft league. Picking up Steve Smith (NYG) off waivers didn't hurt either!

I usually don't take a QB early, but thought I would take a shot at this combo this year just to spice it up and it looked there was RB value to be had in a 10 team league with a few guppies. I'm hoping for better days ahead for Brady and Moss - I was hoping they would hook up for a TD at least once a game. They have a few soft matchups coming up (Ten and TB) so hopefully they will light it up those weeks.

2nd place 3-1 with neither

2nd place 3-1 with Moss

4th place 3-1 with Brady

If either breaks out and is having a great year at this point then I'm 4-0 and pulling away from the field. Without the great year, they're both still good players that I start every week and can count on for good production.

They're not hurting me at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread