What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

people with facial tattoos - check in here (1 Viewer)

At the age of 53, I will be getting my first (and last) tattoo. And it’s going to be a doozy (half sleeve). I’ve been on a waiting list for about 4 months now, with about 4 months to go.
Wow, that’s different. What’s the inspiration?

On an unrelated note, I designed a tattoo of Herve Villachaize for one of my friend’s daughters, after she lost a bet with me.

It’s a combination of honoring Chance, recognizing my journey since his passing and acknowledging my heritage. Black koi (symbolizing father) swimming upstream in blue water (overcoming obstacles) with red flowers (Chance’s favorite color showing that he is always with me and around me).

Last edited:
At the age of 53, I will be getting my first (and last) tattoo. And it’s going to be a doozy (half sleeve). I’ve been on a waiting list for about 4 months now, with about 4 months to go.

Nice. Must be a great artist. Are you doing that locally in Houston or somewhere else?

It’s actually in Southern California so I’ll have to make a couple trips (my son is out there so I’ll just time my visits to see him). It’s actually a highly in demand shop with three different artists that do the same style tattoos (although one uses the tebori non-machine technique). I told them first available between the three. They are all incredible.

Wow, that's awesome. I love that style. I had a friend who recently got a traditional San Yant tattoo in Thailand. Said it was painful but well worth it. I imagine the Tebori non machine technique is similar. Definitely post some pics in here during the process.

No facial tattoos to be seen here, but it's very close. Just two years later, and I think we would have seen Kreayshawn with a face tatoo. I think this pre-dated the movement, but it came up in my algorithm just now for some reason.

I've been getting back into it lately as a sort of mid life crisis thing. It's a lot of fun, simple as that. I have no interest in anything with any special meaning, and I'm not sure why that's such a deal breaking criteria for everyone. I get what I like, and I usually don't put TOO much thought into it. That's what I pay the artist for. What I've noticed over the last 30 or so years is that nobody cares about my/your tattoos. Sure, some older or pretentious types like to judge others to feel good about themselves, but who cares? Nothing ever comes from it, so let them judge. I find it as ridiculous to judge me as it would be for me to judge them for not having any tattoos.

I've been getting back into it lately as a sort of mid life crisis thing. It's a lot of fun, simple as that. I have no interest in anything with any special meaning, and I'm not sure why that's such a deal breaking criteria for everyone. I get what I like, and I usually don't put TOO much thought into it. That's what I pay the artist for. What I've noticed over the last 30 or so years is that nobody cares about my/your tattoos. Sure, some older or pretentious types like to judge others to feel good about themselves, but who cares? Nothing ever comes from it, so let them judge. I find it as ridiculous to judge me as it would be for me to judge them for not having any tattoos.
on your face?

I tend to put people with face tats in 3 categories.
The pretenders
The broken
The true freaks

Let your freak flag fly!

on your face?
Oh, no. Not my neck either. I'm too old for that. Nobody is going to mistake me for post Malone. I think face tats are like the new tribal or barb wire tattoos, in that they're gonna be really hard to cover up when you want to "fix" it in a few years.

Nice. Must be a great artist. Are you doing that locally in Houston or somewhere else?

It’s actually in Southern California so I’ll have to make a couple trips (my son is out there so I’ll just time my visits to see him). It’s actually a highly in demand shop with three different artists that do the same style tattoos (although one uses the tebori non-machine technique). I told them first available between the three. They are all incredible.

Well, today is the day. First session is scheduled for 6 1/2 hours. Wish me luck.

Well, today is the day. First session is scheduled for 6 1/2 hours. Wish me luck.
was hoping this thread got bumped with an update from you :thumbup: can't wait to see the outcome.

Man that's a long time to sit.

I am due for some new ink, got a lot of options as to what I want but just don't have the fundage to do it quite yet.

Good luck.

was hoping this thread got bumped with an update from you :thumbup: can't wait to see the outcome.

Wow, that was an experience. Nothing like spending 6.5 hours under the machine for your very first tattoo. And I have two more sessions to finish the half-sleeve. The tattoo artist, Jiro, is a Tokyo native and does pretty much exclusively Japanese art. He is freakishly talented. We spent about an hour working on the art, followed by 6.5 hours of tattooing, and then 30 minutes of discussion afterwards.

In the weeks leading up to the appointment we agreed on some changes to the design. Rather than a black koi signifying father, we went with a blue koi signifying son (as well as peace and tranquility) as a tribute to Chance.

It was a lot. But I’m glad I did it and am looking forward to finishing it.

Wow, that was an experience. Nothing like spending 6.5 hours under the machine for your very first tattoo. And I have two more sessions to finish the half-sleeve. The tattoo artist, Jiro, is a Tokyo native and does pretty much exclusively Japanese art. He is freakishly talented. We spent about an hour working on the art, followed by 6.5 hours of tattooing, and then 30 minutes of discussion afterwards.

In the weeks leading up to the appointment we agreed on some changes to the design. Rather than a black koi signifying father, we went with a blue koi signifying son (as well as peace and tranquility) as a tribute to Chance.

Awesome! IIRC, the top wrist and elbow were the worst pain wise other than the really dark areas.

Hard part is done! Now dont scratch it when it starts to itch in a few days - otherwise, dont freak out if you accidentally rub it or wake up in the morning laying on top of it. Its on there forever.

First one is pretty surreal, especially that size/location.

I'd say the only negative my tattoos have to me is that I have to cover mine up from the sun. Both because its hyper realistic/detailed and its been out of the sun for so long that the bright sun actually stings a bit.

Otherwise I wear a long sleeved shirt any nobody knows I have them.

In case anyone is interested in checking out the progress:

Before

Temporary Artwork

Outline complete

Coloring in progress

End of session 1

I can’t wait to see it once it’s healed and cleaned up. It’s a bit of a mess right now. And yes, there is a lot of blue. The koi will be further developed with white accents and then the flowers will be colored in with red and orange tones. The rest of the sleeve will feature mostly black and gray design with some accents yet to be determined.

Last edited:

Awesome! IIRC, the top wrist and elbow were the worst pain wise other than the really dark areas.

Hard part is done! Now dont scratch it when it starts to itch in a few days - otherwise, dont freak out if you accidentally rub it or wake up in the morning laying on top of it. Its on there forever.

First one is pretty surreal, especially that size/location.

Thankfully I am avoiding those areas. Just upper arm and shoulder. I can only imagine how painful a wrist or elbow would be. Yikes!

And LOL about it being on there forever. I had a dream last night that some the tattoo came off like a decal when I removed the dressing. Woke up and said, nope, that’s not gonna happen.

Imo the only people who can get away with face tats are tattoo artists themselves who make a decent living at their craft , clearly any tats they have on themselves are free advertising .

Before

Temporary Artwork

Outline complete

Coloring in progress

End of session 1

I can’t wait to see it once it’s healed and cleaned up. It’s a bit of a mess right now. And yes, there is a lot of blue. The koi will be further developed with white accents and then the flowers will be colored in with red and orange tones. The rest of the sleeve will feature mostly black and gray design with some accents yet to be determined.
I'm ignorant on the tattoo front and can't speak to that (looks great though), but just wanted to say, BB, you're one of the best dudes I've ever known, and we ain't ever met.

You're good peeps and I'm proud to be around a message board that you are a part of.

And, of course, we're all interested in checking out the progress.

Before

Temporary Artwork

Outline complete

Coloring in progress

End of session 1

I'm ignorant on the tattoo front and can't speak to that (looks great though), but just wanted to say, BB, you're one of the best dudes I've ever known, and we ain't ever met.

You're good peeps and I'm proud to be around a message board that you are a part of.

And, of course, we're all interested in checking out the progress.

Wow, thank you so much brother for the kind words. I’m not lying when I say that this community and the people in it probably saved my life - or at least helped me keep my head above water long enough to remember how to swim again. I will always remember the blessings of this incredible group of iFriends.

Imo the only people who can get away with face tats are tattoo artists themselves who make a decent living at their craft , clearly any tats they have on themselves are free advertising .

Yeah but how many tattoo themselves? It's like going to a barbershop, if there are two guys working, pick the chair of the guy with the hackjob haircut because the other guy did his.

Yeah but how many tattoo themselves? It's like going to a barbershop, if there are two guys working, pick the chair of the guy with the hackjob haircut because the other guy did his.
Tons of barbers do their own hair. Fades especially. I can fade up my own hair fairly easily and looks just as good as my pro that does it for me. I get my haircut professionally every 6 weeks, but give myself a touch up fade weekly in between (every Friday)

Almost every tattoo artist has tattooed themselves for practice. It lets you learn... without messing up someone else's skin. However, even though this is “practice” - it's still a real tattoo.

Before

Temporary Artwork

Outline complete

Coloring in progress

End of session 1

welp, she's beautiful bb

Almost every tattoo artist has tattooed themselves for practice. It lets you learn... without messing up someone else's skin. However, even though this is “practice” - it's still a real tattoo.

On their face?

Before

Temporary Artwork

Outline complete

Coloring in progress

End of session 1

That is going to be awesome.

On their face?
Apparently

On their face?
Yeah, how else would you see if you did a good job? When I look in the mirror, I see my face.

I have a tattoo of Marvelous Marvin Hagler on my forearm , its from the Tommy Hearns fight right before he ko`d Tommy. The following year i went to the International Boxing hall of fame in Canastota NY , and had Marvin sign the tat , kept the signature in good condition until i got to my tat guy (one day)and had him tattoo over the signature . This was the year before Covid hit , then the IBHOF shut down for a couple of years and sadly Marvin passed away . I am honored to have the only signed Hagler tat ever done .

It was wild when he signed it because Tommy Hearns was literally like several feet away , and i asked Marvin if he could tell which fight the tat was from and he said ''The Hearns fight, i can tell by the blood ... dont ever make me bleed '' and we laughed . I dont think Tommy heard us , but still wild .

I have a tattoo of Marvelous Marvin Hagler on my forearm , its from the Tommy Hearns fight right before he ko`d Tommy. The following year i went to the International Boxing hall of fame in Canastota NY , and had Marvin sign the tat , kept the signature in good condition until i got to my tat guy (one day)and had him tattoo over the signature . This was the year before Covid hit , then the IBHOF shut down for a couple of years and sadly Marvin passed away . I am honored to have the only signed Hagler tat ever done .

It was wild when he signed it because Tommy Hearns was literally like several feet away , and i asked Marvin if he could tell which fight the tat was from and he said ''The Hearns fight, i can tell by the blood ... dont ever make me bleed '' and we laughed . I dont think Tommy heard us , but still wild .
That's a great story.

Users who are viewing this thread