What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings (2 Viewers)

Percy Harvin has become a monster late in the season. Considering most have him as a WR3, how could you possibly ask for more.

'nysportsfan said:
what does that mean?please tell me it is not you crying to a mod about someone bumping a thread about a player that went bananas (again) today? might you be one of the dudes who dropped percy earlier this year?

'nysportsfan said:
what does that mean?please tell me it is not you crying to a mod about someone bumping a thread about a player that went bananas (again) today? might you be one of the dudes who dropped percy earlier this year?
I hate you, too.
i picked up percy off waivers when the bonehead in our league dropped him. so, i guess you are entitled to hate me. ;)

I also drafted him, played him several weeks and later traded him for Colston. The main reason I gave up was that he couldn't seem to stay healthy for an entire game, missing the 2nd half often.

Oh well.

He's playing lights out right now and Frazier would be a complete idiot if he didn't continue to find ways to put the ball in Harvin's hands.

Would like to see him return at least 1 kick per game.

'solorca said:
Percy Harvin has become a monster late in the season. Considering most have him as a WR3, how could you possibly ask for more.
:goodposting: Picked him up several weeks ago after his owner was having injury/bye week issues and Harvin had not been doing much.Held him for a few weeks and finally played him this week as my flex (had been riding Dez/Laurent and benched Dez this week).No way Harvin gets benched...with Dez inconsistent, Miles coming back and Laurent dinged...Harvin becomes my #2 and I will chose on the flex out of the others (with Antonio Brown too).The WW has been good to me this year (Murray, Brown, Harvin, Robsinson).

I had him last year also. The one HUGE difference I see between last year and this year is that they've figured out that they need to get him the ball in space. Last year he was running routes like a "normal" wide receiver. Percy isn't a normal WR. He's not going to out-physical CBs for the ball or run precise routes like Jerry Rice.

Now they get him the ball in a variety of ways. Rushes, jet sweeps, slip screens, crossing patterns after he goes in motion, etc.

If a team with Champ Bailey couldn't do anything with him, I don't see anybody else having much success either.

he is one spicy fast muchacho that is for sure my brothers take it to the salsa stand bank

he is one spicy fast muchacho that is for sure my brothers take it to the salsa stand bank
Unstoppable once he gets into the open field where his return skills take over. So explosive.And he gets the Lions and Saints the next two weeks. :)

Unstoppable once he gets into the open field where his return skills take over. So explosive.And he gets the Lions and Saints the next two weeks. :)
nintendokong suh will probably try to stomp him to death just kidding because he wont be playing but harvin is the man maybe we should call him the migrane man i am into making up new nicknames today

Last edited by a moderator:
nintendokong suh will probably try to stomp him to death just kidding because he wont be playing but harvin is the man maybe we should call him the migrane man i am into making up new nicknames today
Yes, please get to work on this.

AWESOME STUFFwould love to see your list please PM it to "shuke" as well.

I had him last year also. The one HUGE difference I see between last year and this year is that they've figured out that they need to get him the ball in space. Last year he was running routes like a "normal" wide receiver. Percy isn't a normal WR. He's not going to out-physical CBs for the ball or run precise routes like Jerry Rice.Now they get him the ball in a variety of ways. Rushes, jet sweeps, slip screens, crossing patterns after he goes in motion, etc.If a team with Champ Bailey couldn't do anything with him, I don't see anybody else having much success either.
All week, people kept telling me that Percy would have trouble against Champ Bailey. The issue is that a good corner can't really do much with Percy, in a PPR league at least. Sure, they may hold him to little after the catch, but as long as Minnesota is committed to getting him the ball, he'll rack up the points. Most of his catches are behind or at the line of scrimmage, and he just runs. As a Panthers fan, the way they are currently using Harvin reminds me a lot of the year that Steve Smith put up ridiculous numbers.

Percy's value goes way up if Adrian Peterson sits. When AP plays, he's the offense. When AP sits, Percy's the offense. I know AP owners don't wanna hear this but I hope Minny shuts down AP for the year. Yes, that's a selfish way of thinking but Percy can take us to the promised land. :yes:

I had him last year also. The one HUGE difference I see between last year and this year is that they've figured out that they need to get him the ball in space. Last year he was running routes like a "normal" wide receiver. Percy isn't a normal WR. He's not going to out-physical CBs for the ball or run precise routes like Jerry Rice.Now they get him the ball in a variety of ways. Rushes, jet sweeps, slip screens, crossing patterns after he goes in motion, etc.If a team with Champ Bailey couldn't do anything with him, I don't see anybody else having much success either.
Ponder excels at hitting receivers in stride on short and intermediate routes. He consistently places those throws perfectly. Do that with an elite run after the catch guy like Harvin and good things are bound to happen.

Percy's value goes way up if Adrian Peterson sits. When AP plays, he's the offense. When AP sits, Percy's the offense. I know AP owners don't wanna hear this but I hope Minny shuts down AP for the year. Yes, that's a selfish way of thinking but Percy can take us to the promised land. :yes:
I just hope that they add someone/anyone to the WR group before next year to help keep the defense honest. Really, outside of ADP and Harvin there isn't much to worry about when trying to stop the Vikings.

Ponder excels at hitting receivers in stride on short and intermediate routes. He consistently places those throws perfectly. Do that with an elite run after the catch guy like Harvin and good things are bound to happen.
And this is one of the weakest parts of McNabb's game. No YAC on throws that are low or behind the receiver.

ponderis just a better qb at this point in his carreer than mcnabb is at this point in his there is no way around that fact mcnabb was a good player back in the day and could win games and dominate crappy opponents like the kansas city chiefs with his legs back in the day but he cant do that now and he can barely thrown the ball into his locker from 2 feet away it would probably be too high and make his locker jump and then it would be obliterated by a huge ice machine or something and be lost for the season take it to the bank

ponderis just a better qb at this point in his carreer than mcnabb is at this point in his there is no way around that fact mcnabb was a good player back in the day and could win games and dominate crappy opponents likI'm on sick duty today with my son.  Can you reschedule my 1x1's I had today for tomorrow?Thanks-Dennise the kansas city chiefs with his legs back in the day but he cant do that now and he can barely thrown the ball into his locker from 2 feet away it would probably be too high and make his locker jump and then it would be obliterated by a huge ice machine or something and be lost for the season take it to the bank
I believe this is what we call a run-on sentence.

Last edited:
Harvin is officially a stud. He's finally playing the way we envisioned he would when he entered the league. Dynasty owners that held are finally reaping big rewards. I do think AP being out helps him, as he is literally the Vikings only playmaker right now. However, I have to assume that the Vikings will continue to utilize him in similar ways when AP comes back, and in time, you have to think AP's presence might even open things up for him. I also think that his emergence might open things up for AP, given that for so long teams have made a living out of selling out to stop AP knowing he was the Vikes only legitimate playmaker.

I'm curious, where would you guys rank Harvin in dynasty leagues right now? Top 10? Top 15? Top 20?

ponderis just a better qb at this point in his carreer than mcnabb is at this point in his there is no way around that fact mcnabb was a good player back in the day and could win games and dominate crappy opponents likI'm on sick duty today with my son. Can you reschedule my 1x1's I had today for tomorrow?

Thanks

-Dennise the kansas city chiefs with his legs back in the day but he cant do that now and he can barely thrown the ball into his locker from 2 feet away it would probably be too high and make his locker jump and then it would be obliterated by a huge ice machine or something and be lost for the season take it to the bank
What's with the bolded? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
ponderis just a better qb at this point in his carreer than mcnabb is at this point in his there is no way around that fact mcnabb was a good player back in the day and could win games and dominate crappy opponents likI'm on sick duty today with my son.  Can you reschedule my 1x1's I had today for tomorrow?

Thanks

-Dennise the kansas city chiefs with his legs back in the day but he cant do that now and he can barely thrown the ball into his locker from 2 feet away it would probably be too high and make his locker jump and then it would be obliterated by a huge ice machine or something and be lost for the season take it to the bank
i dont know either but i hope that the generals son gets better soon it is no good when a little guy does not feel well so i wish them both the best and hope that the general does not catch it man nothing is worse than that it just wrecks your whole week when you are sick and have to try to go to work and do ones

ponderis just a better qb at this point in his carreer than mcnabb is at this point in his there is no way around that fact mcnabb was a good player back in the day and could win games and dominate crappy opponents likI'm on sick duty today with my son.  Can you reschedule my 1x1's I had today for tomorrow?

Thanks

i dont know either but i hope that the generals son gets better soon it is no good when a little guy does not feel well so i wish them both the best and hope that the general does not catch it man nothing is worse than that it just wrecks your whole week when you are sick and have to try to go to work and do ones
Punctuation marks, man. Use them.

Thanks

:lmao:

All week, people kept telling me that Percy would have trouble against Champ Bailey. The issue is that a good corner can't really do much with Percy, in a PPR league at least.
So you're saying a good corner CAN do OK with Percy when it's a non-PPR league? ;)

Thanks

are you a robot when i read your sentences i feel like you are talking very nasally with a monotone but i can't see you so i have to ask you and unwillingly i have to ponder whether that could be possible since this is a forum where people post about footbal and last time i checked robots don't like football they only like discount double check and i am running out of breath sometimes it helps to pause but like you i like to go on and talk about what it is and what it isn't but who cares i don't know

Thanks

are you a robot when i read your sentences i feel like you are talking very nasally with a monotone but i can't see you so i have to ask you and unwillingly i have to ponder whether that could be possible since this is a forum where people post about footbal and last time i checked robots don't like football they only like discount double check and i am running out of breath sometimes it helps to pause but like you i like to go on and talk about what it is and what it isn't but who cares i don't know
i am not a robot i am a person are you a real largemounth and if so do you like berkelys power grubs or no

Thanks

i am not a robot i am a person are you a real largemounth and if so do you like berkelys power grubs or no
I love you.

Thanks

i like robo-worms no pun intended

Looks like a couple things to be concerned about with Harvin this weekend.

(Rotoworld) The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Percy Harvin's migraine-like symptoms resurfaced last Saturday before the Broncos game.Analysis: Similar to Harvin's previous migraine episodes, the symptoms included bloodshot eyes and vomiting. The migraines subsided by Sunday, and Harvin was the most talented player on the field in the Vikings' 35-32 loss. The good news is that Harvin has earned the respect of the locker room by playing through pain again this season. The bad news is that he hasn't put the migraines behind him after all.
(TheHuddle) Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin (pinkie) is dealing with a torn tendon in his left pinkie finger that he suffered during practice Wednesday, Dec. 7. His status for Week 14 is in question.Analysis: Tough break for Harvin, who might be a game-time decision depending on what kind of splint/glove they can fit him with. Harvin's been the No. 1 fantasy wide receiver over the last four weeks. Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu -- 15 targets, 6 receptions, 90 yards last week -- is all over the radar in any size league now.
Most seem to think he'll play this weekend, but considering that Ponder is possibly out, along with both of these issues, Harvin is more of a risk than he was yesterday.According to some notes however, when Webb started last year, Harvin's target rate was the highest in the NFL.

All reports seem to suggest that he'll play this week, but I would say that it's probably a little risky. Obviously the migraines aren't (currently) an issue, since he was able to play last week and was out on the field today. The fact that he was limited with the pinky issue should also mean that it's likely he's good to go in that respect too.

Hips, migraines, pinky, Webb all combined though, is a little scary. I'm glad I have this week as a bye to allow this and my Demarco Murray situation to play out a little bit to know where things stand a little better.

Everything looks good to go. He's probable, although Questionable might have been better to see, since he's had huge games the past two weeks when he's been a "game time decision".

(Rotoworld) Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Friday that Percy Harvin's finger injury will not affect his Week 14 availability.Analysis: Some CBS employees tried to make a big deal of Harvin's "injury," but there was never any chance it would sideline him for a game. He is listed as probable on the Week 14 injury report and is a recommended WR2 against the Lions.

I'm not worried about him not playing, I'm more worried about the QB situation and AP returning.
I may be crazy, but I don't think Peterson will affect Harvin that much. He is receiving similar targets every week that he was already receiving in Peterson's last week with the team before the injury. He has been getting an extra rush or two, but he hasn't put up that many more yards. He's just been doing a lot more with his catches over the past few weeks. I think this is a case of Harvin just getting everything going.I have him in two leagues, although I have a bye in one of them. I am starting him with confidence in the one I can start him in, and would be in the other if I had to play.

Percy Harvin's going to play, and unless you're completely stacked, he's a must start.

The Lions are 11th against WR's for defense, but the Lions haven't been as good on defense the 2nd half of the season and have some signficant injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Percy Harvin is a must start and regardless of who's playing for Minnesota, Percy will have an impact on the game. There are other players on my team I'm more concerned about producing than Percy Harvin, he'll be money.

This is tough. I agonized before he was hurt about starting him in my flex spot over Spiller (Got Dez locked in) and now if he's hampered at all by that thumb it really becomes a question. Still got Spiller in right now but love the home vs Detroit situation. It'll probably take me until gametime to decide. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread