What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Percy Harvin (1 Viewer)

I find it odd that he sees so many docs and no one can seem to help him regulate this, get a handle on it. I feel bad for the guy. It must be so frustrating which probably makes his condition worse too.

afaict, it has been better for him. he missed all of camp with them. iirc, he has only had 2 short bouts during the season.

I find it odd that he sees so many docs and no one can seem to help him regulate this, get a handle on it. I feel bad for the guy. It must be so frustrating which probably makes his condition worse too.
There is only one treatment for migraine headaches, Hydration and resting in a very dark quiet place. There are no medications that treat migraines and to my knowledge the only thing that has been proven to help with migraines has been LSD.That being said, he always plays and has always played.

There is only one treatment for migraine headaches, Hydration and resting in a very dark quiet place. There are no medications that treat migraines and to my knowledge the only thing that has been proven to help with migraines has been LSD.That being said, he always plays and has always played.
I'd love to see his TD dance with some medicinal LSD flowing.

I dunno if medicinal LSD exists, but if it does id like some, I get migraines about 2 times a month and its bad.

:goodposting: There is no cure for it. It comes and then you handle it.

I dunno if medicinal LSD exists, but if it does id like some, I get migraines about 2 times a month and its bad.
The gubment has been experimenting with LSD for 60 years and there are medicinal benefits suggested. However, it's never been approved. They, as always, get to have all the fun. Sorry to hear of your issues. Not fun.

It helps you pitch a no-no too.

On topic: Im starting Harvin this sunday over Ochocinco/Ward/Moss in a .5 PPR 1pt every 10 return yard league im 6-6 in that league playing to make the playoffs, win im in, lose im out.

Does anyone else find it convenient the migraines always hit around wed-thur and are all good for Sunday? Just seems a bit conveniently consistent.

Does anyone else find it convenient the migraines always hit around wed-thur and are all good for Sunday? Just seems a bit conveniently consistent.
Yes, lots of people do--if you searched 'Harvin' in the Shark Pool you'd find plenty of funny comments and cheap shots about it (I'm going to go out on a limb that most of them come from people who have never had a migraine). For myself, I think you could say this about a lot of players past and present. For instance, Brian Westbrook: "does anyone else find it convenient that ankle problems always crop up early in the week and are all good by Sunday." Yet, no one really questioned his desire to practice. Steve McNair (R.I.P.) and Brett Favre come to mind, but they are/were always portrayed as tough guys.Anyway, do I think it's possible that Percy uses migraines to get to skip practices? Sure...especially when Childress was there. Do I think it's more likely that it's a reoccurring problem where they do everything possible to get him right by Sunday, just like any other injury/health issue? Yes.

I like Harvin and I think he's a tough guy but I don't think he's the kind of player who fights very hard to get on the practice field. That's probably not been a good attribute this season considering all the missed practice time and how that's arguably impacted the Vikings' passing game and his potential rapport with Favre.

Harvin was practicing Wednesday when a migraine episode surfaced, coach Leslie Frazier said, and he has missed the past two practices. He's questionable for Sunday's game against Buffalo at the Metrodome.

"You feel helpless like he's your own child seeing him," wide receiver Hank Baskett said. "You just look in his eyes and see the pain. It's hard to see. In my book, he's one of the toughest guys I know."

Link

On topic: Im starting Harvin this sunday over Ochocinco/Ward/Moss in a .5 PPR 1pt every 10 return yard league im 6-6 in that league playing to make the playoffs, win im in, lose im out.
After he was ruled out I benched him and started Sproles and Dez in my return league.Two injuries later I missed the playoffs by 2.4 pts.

I have Garcon in for him until further notice...
Good info here.
This is tiresome. If he had posted :goodposting: no one would have posted a sarcastic comment. Yet if someone posts a sentence to mark a topic (and that sentence could possibly lead to a discussion) it's made fun of. The "Good info here" posts are a much bigger waste than the posts they're replying to.
Good info here. Seriously.

I've been a migraine suffer for almost 15 years now. I take Maxalt 10mg when one is hitting me and it's usually gone in about 1.5 hours. For small migraines, I take a generic and it knocks it out in about 30 minutes. I think there has to be something else going on. May be cluster headaches which are similar, but can last days to weeks rather than migraines.

I've been a migraine suffer for almost 15 years now. I take Maxalt 10mg when one is hitting me and it's usually gone in about 1.5 hours. For small migraines, I take a generic and it knocks it out in about 30 minutes. I think there has to be something else going on. May be cluster headaches which are similar, but can last days to weeks rather than migraines.
Well, I you're correct in that what he has going on is much different than what you've experienced. Not trying to single you out, but I see this a lot in these forums. People see a medical condition that they have some experience with and work under the assumption that what they experienced is exactly the same as the player in question (see: people in the Nicks threads saying there was no way he'd be back during the fantasy season b/c they had the same surgery). I get migraines too, BTW. The first thing I learned is that there is a lot of variety within the umbrella term "migraine." At the most severe they are very resistant to treatment.

I like Harvin and I think he's a tough guy but I don't think he's the kind of player who fights very hard to get on the practice field. That's probably not been a good attribute this season considering all the missed practice time and how that's arguably impacted the Vikings' passing game and his potential rapport with Favre.
:goodposting: While I know migraines can be completely devastating, I think the comment was spot on. I just hope it is not a sense of entitlement due to obvious talent.

Harvin has been excellent for me this year but next week at home ,against there Bears (where the short passing game would probably be in play) and with return points, I think I am shelving him for the duration for the likes of Britt, Meachem or even Vjax (if he shows some life). Just too many question marks now. The migraines are really the least of my worries.

Users who are viewing this thread