What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Perfect Value Draft Article (1 Viewer)

Last year, I remember reading an article on how to draft perfectly based on value. This article stated how you should draft Kolb & Rothlisberger in round 7 & 11 and also to draft a few TE's late. Does anyone know where this article is? Or, is there a new Perfect Value Draft out already and/or coming out? It was a great read. Thanks...

- GloryDaysDesign.com

I see alot of people saying this article comes out after they draft, I always draft right before season starts so luckily I never encountered this issue. With that said when did last years & the prior years come out? Anyone remember the dates? I'm just curious. If your answer is 2 days after I drafted then name your draft date lol

Last year, the 12-team non-PPR article came out very early (8/9). They also released 12-team PPR, 10- and 14-team articles on 8/30.

It's a fun article that can remind you about VBD and all, but you probably didn't come close to winning your league last year if you followed a lot of the more specific advice in the 2010 Perfect Draft: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2010/10dodds_perfectdraft.php

Very few of the recommended players panned out, though the WR list was pretty good. Now, some of that was due to injuries, and I don't mean to dismiss the idea behind the article, but it shows that even a really good idea on paper can go to hell a week or two into the season. Most people seem to like it for the specific players it suggests, and I don't think that's really the standout function. Angst over needing this particular article is probably unwarranted.

Part of the problem with last year's "Perfect Draft" was, to my mind, because it came out so early. A lot of the ADP's changed since it was released, so the "values" might not have been right, and it obviously couldn't adjust for late-preseason changes.

It's a fun article that can remind you about VBD and all, but you probably didn't come close to winning your league last year if you followed a lot of the more specific advice in the 2010 Perfect Draft: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2010/10dodds_perfectdraft.php

Very few of the recommended players panned out, though the WR list was pretty good. Now, some of that was due to injuries, and I don't mean to dismiss the idea behind the article, but it shows that even a really good idea on paper can go to hell a week or two into the season. Most people seem to like it for the specific players it suggests, and I don't think that's really the standout function. Angst over needing this particular article is probably unwarranted.
Personally, I don't really use it for specific players as much as to get a second opinion on position scarcity. Some years I feel like there are plenty of #1 QB's and some years I feel like I need to get one early. The Pefect Draft article either reinforces my opinion or makes me rethink it. It's easy to get lost in individual projections but that article helps me look at the big picture.
Part of the problem with last year's "Perfect Draft" was, to my mind, because it came out so early. A lot of the ADP's changed since it was released, so the "values" might not have been right, and it obviously couldn't adjust for late-preseason changes.
The timing is a tough balance. It should be released before the majority of drafts occur but the earlier it comes out the less relevant it will be. I don't know what the best release date is but I would guess the week between the second and third preseason games would work.

Bump.

It would be appreciated if management would provide some info as to when this article will be made available (10-team, 12-team, etc. Really hoping that's it's ready prior to this weekend's drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread