What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philly WR's - Kevin Curtis OUT - DeSean Jackson - ACTIVE (1 Viewer)

Andy Hicks

Footballguy
If you hear about the status of Kevin Curtis & DeSean Jackson, please post only news in here.

Lineup decisions and conjecture, please go to the Assistant Coach forum and an unpinned thread respectively

Last edited by a moderator:
Desean Jackson, Brian Westbrook Injury Update and Week Three Status by Midwest Sports Fans

Midwest Sports FansScribe

217 articles written

17 comments written

14 fans

View Profile

Send a Message

Scribe Written on September 27, 2009

(Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images) From a fantasy perspective, no team is more mind-achingly, frustratingly intriguing than the Philadelphia Eagles heading into Week Three. Not only do the Eagles have what looks to be a pretty sweet matchup against the hapless Kansas City Chiefs, but Philadelphia’s most recent injury report would make for half of a pretty good fantasy starting lineup:

Quarterback: Donovan McNabb—doubtful with rib injury;

Running back: Brian Westbrook—questionable with ankle injury;

Wide receiver: Desean Jackson—questionable with groin injury;

Wide receiver: Kevin Curtis—doubtful with knee injury.

Most McNabb owners are probably not counting on him playing this weekend. Certainly they should not be. McNabb is reportedly progressing well, but there is no reason for the Eagles to play him this week and risk further injury when they have a bye week coming up next week.

As for Desean Jackson, he participated fully in Friday’s practice and should be good to go on Sunday. With Kevin Curtis likely out, and rookie Jeremy Maclin lining up opposite Jackson, I expect Desean and Brent Celek to get most of the targets from probable starting Quarterback Kevin Kolb. The reports were pretty solid about Jackson, so he should be ready to contribute normally.

With all that said, the most compelling and influential injury issue in Philadelphia for Week Three is Brian Westbrook.

Westbrook has not practiced all week while dealing with swelling in his injured ankle. It’s the same ankle that Westbrook had surgery on this past offseason, and this fact has caused some extra concern. However, as any Westbrook fantasy owner knows, he often plays on Sunday despite not practicing throughout the week.

I’ve done you the service of reading pretty much every injury update and fantasy article written about Westbrook over the 48 hours. Here is the consensus: most tentatively expect him to play, but do expect LeSean McCoy to get increased touches.

So here is my advice:

If you own Westbrook: Pencil him into your starting lineup, but be ready to make a last-minute switch once the list of inactive players comes out late tomorrow morning.

If you own LeSean McCoy: Play him at your flex position if you have no obvious choices, and also track the inactives list. If Westbrook is a no-go, McCoy immediately becomes a must-start RB No. 2 at a minimum.

I’ll update this post as soon as I find out anything more about this situation. I own Desean Jackson and LeSean McCoy in numerous leagues, so I will be playing close attention to the Eagles tomorrow morning.

Supposed to be rainy today in the PHI game. Anyone worried about Jackson retweeking that hammy mid game on the wet field?

So, Jackson WASN'T on the incative list then?

Apparently we know Westbrook is already, but I haven't saw/read/heard that Jackson is not.

From Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson-WR- Eagles Sep. 27 - 11:40 am et

DeSean Jackson (groin) will start for the Eagles on Sunday against the Chiefs.

Jackson missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday and was limited on Friday. He's a risky fantasy start but should get plenty of targets and touches with Brian Westbrook (ankle) and Kevin Curtis (knee) out.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Just said that Jackson will be on a short leash with the hamstring. The field is very wet and muddy so if he has ANY aggravation look forward to him being sat in the 3rd and/or 4th quarter.

Just said that Jackson will be on a short leash with the hamstring. The field is very wet and muddy so if he has ANY aggravation look forward to him being sat in the 3rd and/or 4th quarter.
and in goes Leon Washington and Bernard Berrian in both my Jackson leagues.....

Unless you have other great options sitting Jackson is a big mistake. With Curtis and Westbook out Jackson should get a look or two, along with Celek.

weather forecast is only 15% chance of rain until 3pm where it goes up to 50%, and its only supposed to be occasional showers.

is it actually raining right now?

im probably not going to start/sit him based on weather after seeing this

I could see him coming out of the game due to his hamstring injury and teh cold weather, but i can also see him getting a long TD due to his speed being an even bigger asset due to the poor weather.

Tough decisions.

loimkeith said:
Thanks for nothing. Sorry just upset at myself for benching him.

Hoss_Cartwright said:
Unless you have other great options sitting Jackson is a big mistake. With Curtis and Westbook out Jackson should get a look or two, along with Celek.
Note to myself - Take your own advice sometimes. I only played Jackson in one league and benched him in 4 :bow:

Users who are viewing this thread