What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick Your College as a Top HS Football Prospect (1 Viewer)

If I knew then what I know now, I’d take the biggest NIL deal I could find, enter the draft as early as possible, sign my rookie contract and save/invest everything, and then half-*** it until I was cut. Then I’d retire, maybe do play-by-play for the Pac-24 Network or whatever in between global trips.

As much as it pains me to say this.....

UW. There is NOTHING in the country cooler than taking a party boat to the stadium to play football. The area of Seattle where UW is is spectacular. The academics - while not Cal or UCLA - are still elite. It's a hard school to get into so an education there is terrific. Plus, you've got a ton of $$$$$ up there to help with post sports career networking.

Legal weed, great beer, liberal politics, tame weather, sensational food.....sign me up to wear purple and gold.

Especially if I were a DB. They churn out a ton of NFL DBs.
All true but if you are playing, you can't be on a party boat. You won't be old enough to buy legal weed. Most colleges have liberal politics. But yeah I get you are also talking about life after footall. UW would be pretty high on my list.

I have two kids in college that aren't old enough to buy legal weed. Somehow, some way, they have found a way to circumvent the age filter. Who knew?

Yeah, I'm looking at things from a different perspective - a fan's perspective. Probably not the best way to answer the question. But if you or anybody here ever get a chance to go to a game in Montlake, do it. It's so much fun taking a party boat to the stadium.

I would want to play for Deion.
If you're a DB for sure.
The over/under is 2 years for his tenure at Colorado. But that was my first pick in this year's draft of season tickets for Oregon games. Cannot wait to see this play out live.
Yeah, you guys think Colorado is his final destination?? ACC at worst by 2026

I think he's gunning for an SEC gig but he has a LOT to prove. I think this year will be a disaster but I'm here for it!

Stupid question which may well be more suited for another thread - could a top HS prospect not say **** the NCAA and just go play somewhere he'll actually get paid like how a bunch of basketball players at some point just went to Euroleague? Obv in this sport it's more limited in terms of options

Edit - or, for that matter, just not play for risk of getting Marcus Lattimored until the NFL comes calling?

As much as it pains me to say this.....

UW. There is NOTHING in the country cooler than taking a party boat to the stadium to play football. The area of Seattle where UW is is spectacular. The academics - while not Cal or UCLA - are still elite. It's a hard school to get into so an education there is terrific. Plus, you've got a ton of $$$$$ up there to help with post sports career networking.

Legal weed, great beer, liberal politics, tame weather, sensational food.....sign me up to wear purple and gold.

Especially if I were a DB. They churn out a ton of NFL DBs.
All true but if you are playing, you can't be on a party boat. You won't be old enough to buy legal weed. Most colleges have liberal politics. But yeah I get you are also talking about life after footall. UW would be pretty high on my list.

I have two kids in college that aren't old enough to buy legal weed. Somehow, some way, they have found a way to circumvent the age filter. Who knew?
Yeah, probably easier in States where it is legal though I didn’t have any trouble in 2000 finding illegal weed either. Quality is obviously way better now.
Yeah, I'm looking at things from a different perspective - a fan's perspective. Probably not the best way to answer the question. But if you or anybody here ever get a chance to go to a game in Montlake, do it. It's so much fun taking a party boat to the stadium.
I would absolutely love to.

If I were looking to live the basket lifestyle while playing is code a school that gets you paid. FSU, Tennessee, Miami, etc.

Stupid question which may well be more suited for another thread - could a top HS prospect not say **** the NCAA and just go play somewhere he'll actually get paid like how a bunch of basketball players at some point just went to Euroleague? Obv in this sport it's more limited in terms of options

Edit - or, for that matter, just not play for risk of getting Marcus Lattimored until the NFL comes calling?
There’s just not a lot of viable pro football leagues like there are for basketball. Also, there is room to get paid in college now. Some are making a lot of money.

There’s just not a lot of viable pro football leagues like there are for basketball. Also, there is room to get paid in college now. Some are making a lot of money.

Caleb Williams’ NIL valuation is at 2.6 million putting him at No.5 among all college sports according to a relatively recent list. Interestingly, the No.1 athlete on that list is also at USC - Bronny James.

If you're a DB for sure.
The over/under is 2 years for his tenure at Colorado. But that was my first pick in this year's draft of season tickets for Oregon games. Cannot wait to see this play out live.

I think he's gunning for an SEC gig but he has a LOT to prove. I think this year will be a disaster but I'm here for it!
Disaster? They were 1-11 last year and lost by an average of 28 points a game. 3 wins would be great, I think they can win 5 games this year They are going to be tough at altitude.

Caleb Williams’ NIL valuation is at 2.6 million putting him at No.5 among all college sports according to a relatively recent list. Interestingly, the No.1 athlete on that list is also at USC - Bronny James.
I am seeing more than that. Livvy Dunne is like $3.4 for example.

I am seeing more than that. Livvy Dunne is like $3.4 for example.

Yes, she's one of the highest. Bronny is way up there north of 7 mil. Arch Manning is the other football player in the top 5 (on the list I saw).

With no mention of girls....I think as a group us aging gentleman aren't being honest about our horny, teenage selves!

If you're a DB for sure.

Disaster? They were 1-11 last year and lost by an average of 28 points a game. 3 wins would be great, I think they can win 5 games this year They are going to be tough at altitude.

That's true, they were the worst D1 football program last year. I hope he turns it around but I'm dubious. I am excited to watch them play, though. Guy sells sizzle like no other.

Dunne could have went to any big gymnastic school and hit the NiL jackpot...... She figured out how to market herself

She didn't make her $$$ from boosters cutting her deals

Depends on my family's financial position and also the position I play.

Stanford if I needed to pave my own way after football and I was an NFL first rounder longshot.

Texas if I needed immediate NIL money and I was an NIL type of recruit.

Texas if I was a surefire NFL first rounder....the lady situation there is unrivaled...and it's a great school.
interesting tidbit about the girls at Texas, I would've thought Florida would give them, or anyone else, a run for their money. Florida has the academics ( medical careers, for starters), high vis with NFL scouts, TV games, always in the hunt, warm weather, beaches, good coaching.

Depends on my family's financial position and also the position I play.

Stanford if I needed to pave my own way after football and I was an NFL first rounder longshot.

Texas if I needed immediate NIL money and I was an NIL type of recruit.

Texas if I was a surefire NFL first rounder....the lady situation there is unrivaled...and it's a great school.
interesting tidbit about the girls at Texas, I would've thought Florida would give them, or anyone else, a run for their money. Florida has the academics ( medical careers, for starters), high vis with NFL scouts, TV games, always in the hunt, warm weather, beaches, good coaching.

I doubt Texas even cracks the Top 20 in that regard.

Florida isn't in Texas' league from an academic standpoint or connections. Girls on the other hand, I agree Florida would get the nod.

Florida isn't in Texas' league from an academic standpoint or connections. Girls on the other hand, I agree Florida would get the nod.

You are out of your ever loving mind putting the girls at Florida above the girls at Texas. Wealthy hot is what you have in Austin.

You are out of your ever loving mind putting the girls at Florida above the girls at Texas. Wealthy hot is what you have in Austin.

When was the last time you were at UT? You’re describing TCU.

Edit: This would be another add to my above USC list.

Last edited:

It's been awhile but I have a hard time believing that the women at the University of Texas are not still in the upper echelon of beauty. Austin in general is one of the most attractive people watching cities I've ever been to. La Jolla, Austin, Chicago....that's my top 3.

It's been awhile but I have a hard time believing that the women at the University of Texas are not still in the upper echelon of beauty. Austin in general is one of the most attractive people watching cities I've ever been to. La Jolla, Austin, Chicago....that's my top 3.

Yeah, I can’t really get into why you’re wrong without sounding like a misogynist creep, so I’ll just say this. I’m sure there are plenty of lists out there of colleges with the hottest girls. Go find a sampling of them from the last year or two and let me know how many have Texas in the Top 20. Or ahead of Florida. I’m betting the answer may be zero. I’ll also bet you find TCU on those lists.

Boring answer, but if I had my choice, staying local and going to TCU. Great female situation, good solid education, decent NIL money from an underrated booster group and if you are any good at all, you are the King of Funkytown forever. People around here still worship Andy Dalton for cripes sake.

Texas would second (Austin does have the most beautiful women). Dominating at North Texas would be my safety school third (Denton is a poor man's Austin and my parents could easily make the games).

Yeah, I can’t really get into why you’re wrong without sounding like a misogynist creep, so I’ll just say this. I’m sure there are plenty of lists out there of colleges with the hottest girls. Go find a sampling of them from the last year or two and let me know how many have Texas in the Top 20. Or ahead of Florida. I’m betting the answer may be zero. I’ll also bet you find TCU on those lists.

Huh. Well, learn something new!

USC

Academics and athletics
Tradition
About to head into a big time conference
Great coach
Should be in the hunt/playoffs
Good NIL prospects
Great location (not immediate surroundings, but close to beach, desert, mountains)
Los Angeles is a great location to build network/connections
It’s a fun school to attend (my kid goes there)
They haven’t been in the hunt for about 15 years and their coach isn’t close to great. Great school and all, but not near a top football school.

This rating analysis just released has Riley as the third best coach in college football after Smart and Saban.

Users who are viewing this thread