What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

pittman and andre hall to IR (1 Viewer)

Torain Could See 20 Carries --

Tue Nov 4, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

During his press conference today, Denver Broncos HC Mike Shanahan said rookie RB Ryan Torain could possibly carry the ball 20 times against Cleveland. "If he is the only guy out there, he has a good chance. I'm not sure where we are at right now with the health of those guys but I wouldn't want to put him in that situation so quickly, being out for about three months."

Peyton Hillis Could See More Action --

Tue Nov 4, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

Denver Broncos HC Mike Shanahan said today at his press conference that rookie FB Peyton Hillis could see the ball more. Hillis had 7 catches for 116 yards in Sunday's loss to the Dolphins. "He is extremely good out of the backfield. He is good at catching the ball and making plays. I think as for the running game, he is getting there as far as a fullback. We just have to find ways to get packages for him to get the ball. We had a few designed plays for him last game. This game, we will see if the opportunity presents itself."

Whether he gets the ball 20 times or so is uncertain, but I do think based on what we saw in the last game we can bank on Torain being the goal-line option. That alone gives him value since the Browns' run defense is horrible and there's a good chance the Broncos will get some shots inside the 10 and inside the 5. So even if Young starts against Cleveland, I think Torain could take on the role Pittman had early in the season. And Pittman was the top fantasy RB for the Broncos because he was gobbling up touchdowns.

I thought I was nuts for even THINKING about starting Torain over Jacobs this week...

then I saw the FBG rankings. :D

Still can't do it, as I already have Cutler and Marshall starting. Too many eggs if the offense happens to tank.

Whether he gets the ball 20 times or so is uncertain, but I do think based on what we saw in the last game we can bank on Torain being the goal-line option. That alone gives him value since the Browns' run defense is horrible and there's a good chance the Broncos will get some shots inside the 10 and inside the 5. So even if Young starts against Cleveland, I think Torain could take on the role Pittman had early in the season. And Pittman was the top fantasy RB for the Broncos because he was gobbling up touchdowns.
i think Hillis may have just as good of a chance of catching a GL TD as Torain has of running one in, maybe better

I thought I was nuts for even THINKING about starting Torain over Jacobs this week...then I saw the FBG rankings. :shrug:Still can't do it, as I already have Cutler and Marshall starting. Too many eggs if the offense happens to tank.
Wow just saw Torain's ranking as well. :shrug: Now I guess I have to consider him in my flex spot ... would just hate to get burned by Shenanigans though ...

i think Hillis may have just as good of a chance of catching a GL TD as Torain has of running one in, maybe better
Not if Scheffler plays

Users who are viewing this thread