What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player overexposure across multiple leagues (1 Viewer)

maf005

Footballguy
I wanted to get other's thoughts on this issue.

Do you ever stray from your board because you already own that player in other leagues? At the 2.02 spot in a rookie draft I recently drafted Jalen Strong over my top available Duke Johnson because I already own Johnson in several other leagues.

I play every league I'm in as if it were my only league.

Same goes for start/sits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I diversify in redraft leagues on players that I feel are the same 'tier'. It makes sure you don't lose your interest/hopes due to a single injury/bust. I don't play dynasty anymore so :shrug:

dynasty i end up with alot of the same players, (OBJ yay!) but as my teams vary in results because of the several differnt players i'm not seeing the same players fall to me, so BPA.

i tend to have similar players across all my teams because they are the ones i like more.

It's not really an issue. You're only likely to get the same guys if you make some reaches, and anyone you reach for will be in the middle or late rounds. I haven't seen mid/late-round reaches and fliers kill any teams, though I have seen them propel many a team into the playoffs. In my opinion, this isn't worth over-thinking.

Ideally, I have my favorite fantasy players on all my teams. Diversification is for people who are unsure of themselves.

i tend to have similar players across all my teams because they are the ones i like more.
Same. If I view two players as equal I might go with the other player but that's maybe the 4th consideration after prediction, vbd, and bye weeks.

Hm even given that there is a significant error term and variance in VBD forecasts?
And deviating guarantees that you avoid that error and variance? Not really.

If the variance were limited to three different WR's and you could select all three across various leagues, it might be worth pursuing. But the variance isn't so limited. So I don't think you really help yourself all that much.

It's like betting on every horse in a horse race. Sure, you're guaranteed to pick the winner. But in terms of winnings, how much ROI are you getting employing that method? Because you are also guaranteeing that you are betting on losers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread