What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players to Avoid (1 Viewer)

ipljeff

Footballguy
What players are you going to avoid in the draft this year due to injuries, being over valued, bad behavior, coaching strategies, RBBC etc.....

Obviously, if a player drops a few rounds where it would be foolish not to take him, we would go ahead and pick him up, i.e. Julius Jones in the 4th.

I am going to avoid the QBs coming back from injury:

Culpepper

Brees

Palmer

McNabb

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Davis, I won't be picking him up at any time.

I don't believe I will be messing with that Denver RB situation either.

DD

Suggs

any GB rb

i'm also scared of guys who've had the dread hammy porblem, especially wr's

DD

Suggs

any GB rb

i'm also scared of guys who've had the dread hammy porblem, especially wr's
S. Smith, TO, R. Smith, H. Ward, A. Boldin, and C. Chambers have missed time with hamstring strains. Just a little FYI. I hope you can grab Holt (knee problems last year), R. Moss (groin last year) J. Horn or D. Stalworth (hammy), R. Williams (Quad), A. Johnson (Calf), M. Harrison (offseason Elbow surgery). Man when I list them out there is not many left.

I will be targetting Moss....as you fools let him slide to me.

Not scared to take Foster, as I feel I can get his handcuff.

I'll avoid D.Davis like the bird flu, same for all Denver RBs

DD, as much as I hate to say it. Looks like he won't be playing any more football.

brooks

and Moss if Brooks is the QB
???Why?

Because Brooks failed to get the ball to Joe Horn?? Horn finished as the #3, #9, #7, and #9 WR with Brooks throwing the ball. And Brooks' deep ball is at least as good as Kerry Collins'.

Makes no sense to me - Brook is a horrendous decision maker - but a fine athlete, with a great arm, and a great fantasy history.

brooks

???Why?

Because Brooks failed to get the ball to Joe Horn?? Horn finished as the #3, #9, #7, and #9 WR with Brooks throwing the ball. And Brooks' deep ball is at least as good as Kerry Collins'.

Makes no sense to me - Brook is a horrendous decision maker - but a fine athlete, with a great arm, and a great fantasy history.
Preseason kneejerk reactions and hate.

DDSuggsany GB rbi'm also scared of guys who've had the dread hammy porblem, especially wr's
Ahman Green could be the best value pick in the draft. You telling me if he's sitting around in the 8th round you wouldn't take him as your 4th RB?

brooks

???Why?

he is 2-9 in 2 preseason games. he is not getting the ball to NO WR.

What players are you going to avoid in the draft this year due to injuries, being over valued, bad behavior, coaching strategies, RBBC etc.....Obviously, if a player drops a few rounds where it would be foolish not to take him, we would go ahead and pick him up, i.e. Steve Smith in the 3rd.I am going to avoid the QBs coming back from injury:CulpepperBreesPalmerMcNabb
Mcnabb is 100% healthy and has lost weight. Actually looks better than before. You may want to avoid him due to not having enough skill players, but not because of injury.

I will be targetting Moss....as you fools let him slide to me. Not scared to take Foster, as I feel I can get his handcuff.I'll avoid D.Davis like the bird flu, same for all Denver RBs
You can't avoid the bird flu. It finds you.

Avoiding

None of the Browns, 49ers or Bears

None of the Jax RBs

None of the GBay RBs

None of the Falcon WRs

Aaron Brooks

Philip Rivers

Will accept if good value

Ravens - all around

NYJ - all around

Would love to sneak away with in the 16th round (dynasty)

Chad Jackson, WR-Pats

Matt Leinart, QB-Cards

Bryant Johnson, WR-Cards

Jay Cutler, QB-Broncos

Tony Scheffler, TE-Broncos :shhh:

:obc:

brooks

???Why?

Wow - that makes a buttload of sense. :sarcasm:

Toss Moss out the window b/c Aaron Brooks - a proven deep ball QB with 6 years of NFL history - has had 9 passes in the preseason and only 2 completions.

I'm gonna need a little more explanation than that.

Rudi Johnson in the 1st.

Kevin Jones in all rounds, except as a RB 4 I guess.

Trent Green (the magic and offensive genius is over).

Dom Davis.

Santana Moss as a top 10 receiver.

DDSuggsany GB rbi'm also scared of guys who've had the dread hammy porblem, especially wr's
Ahman Green could be the best value pick in the draft. You telling me if he's sitting around in the 8th round you wouldn't take him as your 4th RB?
I wouldn't touch Ahman in whatever round he falls to, I don't think he'll play at all, and if he does play he'll get hurt very quickly, the fork I put in him is coming out the other side already.

brooks

???Why?

Wow - that makes a buttload of sense. :sarcasm:

Toss Moss out the window b/c Aaron Brooks - a proven deep ball QB with 6 years of NFL history - has had 9 passes in the preseason and only 2 completions.

I'm gonna need a little more explanation than that.
As a Raider homer, I would prefer to see Walter get the job Why mess around, it seems to be clear that our O-line is inept and our OC is a joke (still). I've counted three times in tow games that the Raiders ran a pass play that was not a 7 step drop. You can not do that in the NFL. One of the talking heads had a good point tonight as well. Not only has the NFL changed dramatically since Walsh left, the NFL offenses need to be able to change weekly. I don't believe Walsh has that in him. Right now I've downgraded all Raiders, except SeaBass has been upgraded.

No Jets, Bills, or Packers. No DDavis, AGreen, FTaylor. No JJones in the 2nd, No TGonzalez in the 1st 5 rounds.

Why dodge on Palmer if you can get him as a late round pick as a second QB. Sure his situation is iffy for the first part of the season. But that is also meat and potatoes of their schedule. If he doesnt make the first 4 games he will be on fire after that. Don't forget, he really lit it up the last half of last year. Plus Marvin Lewis is no idiot and he isn't going to throw him out there until he is ready and he is sure Palmer can take some hits. I'd take Palmer as a 2nd QB in a second and depending on when my primary QBs bye week is. If it is a late bye week for my first QB and Plamer is still around he is taken. Just my 2 cents.

QB:

Culpepper

Palmer (I'd draft him if the price is right. Make sure to get a valuable back up).

RB:

Davis

McGahee (Situation in Buffalo hasn't got better besides #### Jauron).

WR:

R Moss

brooks

???Why?

I hated myself for it but he was still sitting there at 9.1 so I grabbed him before any good BUs were gone by 11.1. Dude's put up numbers despite a numb skull. Normally I wouldn't take him but value's value.I personally avoided any Denver RB

Any and all Raiders at current ADPs, except for SeaBass.

This offense will move and stall all season and Fat Boy is looking really good so far. He's 6/6 with 3 50+ yarders in two games. He also looks less fat than usual.

Guys - I'm not talking about Brooks - Brooks, I understand avoiding.

It's the avoiding Moss part I don't get.

Chester Taylor & Antonio Gates
you must be nuts pal, i wish you were in my league.
:goodposting:
I mean really..... how can Gates even be considered here. He has a new QB, but that makes little difference with his talent. He is still assured of, barring injury, at least a top 3 TE showing. That is low side given the new QB risk.
If you are considering where you have to draft him, this is understandable. Gates will be avoided by me because I am not using a 2nd rounder on a TE.

Guys - I'm not talking about Brooks - Brooks, I understand avoiding.It's the avoiding Moss part I don't get.
Moss has been a flop for the past 2 years. He starts strong then limps out with injuries. Then comes back sort of. He is a good back up WR option depending on his health and the team they are playing. But I have seen several fantasy players get burned by drafting him high the last 2 years. He is a late round pick at best in my 2 cents. Not to mention the QB situation in Raiders camp is untested and questionable at best. His best Fantasy years were in MN when he had spent some time working on timing with Culpepper and well making Culpepper look good. Once again my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread