What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Fantasy Football League - Fantasy-aholics, is back!! (1 Viewer)

Irish3

Footballguy
Hello All!

Happy Holidays to everyone! I needed to get this started a bit earlier this year as I'm going to be very busy over the next week. My wife and I decided to adopt 2 more dogs from the country Jordan, who are the siblings of the dog we adopted last summer. So if you're already knocked out of your regular season league/s and need to move on or are just a junky looking for more, Fantasy-aholics is back!!

Same rules apply, $25 per entry. Play any player you want, any week that you want to play them (not 1 and done), Wild Card weekend through the Super Bowl. Payouts will be determined by the number of participants involved. We had about 80 people in it last year (have had close to 100 other years), and I paid out 1st-5th and the person who had the single highest 1-week total.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions or have anyone else who wants to get in on this contest. I cleaned up and deleted a bunch of teams who hadn't played in 2-3 years, as we were maxed out at 200 teams last year.

I accept entry fees to my Paypal, venmo or check/snail mail if needed.
Please do not mention anything about the money being for Fantasy football or fantasy league as that'll get my PP account locked, if you use that method. Just include your name/team name and send it as gift to family friends to avoid fees being taken out. If you need to send me a check/cash, you'll get my address in the league invite or PM wheen requested.

Again Happy Holidays to all!

Thx,
Scotty (Irish)

Paid

Irish
Semperfi
Zippity Do Da
#1 Giants' Fan
Roland Stones (Venmo)
Dcat (PP)
Bcat01 (Venmo)
Raidergil (Chris G) Venmo
borge007 (PP)
heehawks (PP)
Harbor Rats (PP)
Dragon's Wife (PP)
Señor Schmutzig (Venmo)
Ex- Ghost (Venmo)
DA RAIDERS (Venmo)
Instinctive (Venmo)
Neo (Venmo)
Mr. Pack (Venmo)
High Flyers (Ramona) (PP)
BeTheMatch (Venmo)
Kim R (PP)
Sauced Leprechauns (Venmo)
RR (PP)
Montana is da Man (PP)
Sparkle Bronies (PP)
KC REUNITED (PP Tammy)
Joe Buck Yourself (PP Tammy)
JSpecs (Venmo)
Bobby Brown (Venmo)
Bobby S (Venmo)
Jo Jo (Venmo)
Red Barchetta (Venmo)
Josh V (Venmo)
Greta (Venmo)
Cowboyz1 (PP)
Gopher
eoMMan (PP)
Sunday Couch Potato (Venmo)
Tomer (PP)
86 teams and 1 cup (Venmo)
Hoodoo (PP)
Eddie H (The Birds) (Venmo)
MikesVikes (Venmo)
Go Eagles, 2023 (checks incoming...)
HBTC (check)
Scott (Venmo)
Monson33 (PP)
Keerock (Venmo)
Theirish (Venmo)
Shaft (Venmo)
Airtrev (Venmo)
John H (Venmo)
Junkyard Dogs (Venmo)
Rob Con (Venmo)
Bob N. Weaver (Venmo)
De Wanna Wanga (PP)
Charles R (PP)
Bristol Bloods (PP)
Helpmeout (PP)
Wild Turkey (Venmo)
Ray R (Venmo)
The Hitter (Venmo)
LJ Brun (PP)
Pork Chop Express (Venmo)
Xrunner (PP)
River Rats (PP)
Baby Got Dak (PP)
James Lob (Venmo)
Steven T (PP)
Marauders (Venmo)
ABWF (PP)
Mike Pags (PP)
Isleseeya (Venmo)
Orange Crazed (Venmo)
Malta69 (Venmo)
Chris K (Venmo)
Craig and Joey (Venmo)
JSpecs (Venmo)
Let's Go Brandon (Venmo)
Eagle2003 (PP)
Craig G (Venmo)

Last edited:
If you play in this league, feel free to vouch for the league, this way Raiders doesn't have to be scared. 😉
I will vouch for Irish. I’ve been playing in fantasy leagues, playoff fantasy and Super Bowl box pools with Scott for 15?? years. Payoffs are quick, nothing to worry about if you’re interested in playing

If you play in this league, feel free to vouch for the league, this way Raiders doesn't have to be scared. 😉
I will vouch for Irish. I’ve been playing in fantasy leagues, playoff fantasy and Super Bowl box pools with Scott for 15?? years. Payoffs are quick, nothing to worry about if you’re interested in playing
Thx HBTC, one of my long time Fantasy guys. It's definitely at least 15 years. Crazy how time flies!

In again & paid. But I'm more interested in the story about adopting dogs from Jordan. How does that work?
I assume you're Chris G? Just want to keep my records straight.

In regard to the dogs, my wife and I wanted to adopt a dog from a shelter or other tough situation, not just for ourselves but for our kids. We were looking on the many dog adoption sites and found this one dog/site where this group worked with rescuing dogs from the Middle East, so they aren't shot and killed (cause that's how it's dealt with many times as they're overrun with strays). They had rescued this one dog among others because their mother abandoned the entire litter. The dog was flown here to the states and was being kept in a shelter in Jersey City, NJ. We adopted her and have had her for the past year.

Fast forward a bit, we find out that the dog we adopted had 2 other siblings that had survived, had been fostered in multiple locations and needed a home. Our dog, Jana, was tremendously bonded to one of the 2 (her sister). We tried to begin the process to get them both, as Jana had been kinda depressed being alone anyhow. However, the CDC put a ban on allowing animals from other countries to come into the US because of rabies' issues. When that was lifted/eased, we applied for permits, got approved and they went to fly the other 2 dogs. They were afraid of being crated and destroyed the crates and couldn't fly (12 and a half hours). The foster folks took them back and have been crate training them to hopefully make the flight. Well, that flight is happening early next week and we'll be able to reunite Jana with her sister and brother. Lots of work to be done!

In again & paid. But I'm more interested in the story about adopting dogs from Jordan. How does that work?

In regard to the dogs, my wife and I wanted to adopt a dog from a shelter or other tough situation, not just for ourselves but for our kids. We were looking on the many dog adoption sites and found this one dog/site where this group worked with rescuing dogs from the Middle East, so they aren't shot and killed (cause that's how it's dealt with many times as they're overrun with strays). They had rescued this one dog among others because their mother abandoned the entire litter. The dog was flown here to the states and was being kept in a shelter in Jersey City, NJ. We adopted her and have had her for the past year.

Fast forward a bit, we find out that the dog we adopted had 2 other siblings that had survived, had been fostered in multiple locations and needed a home. Our dog, Jana, was tremendously bonded to one of the 2 (her sister). We tried to begin the process to get them both, as Jana had been kinda depressed being alone anyhow. However, the CDC put a ban on allowing animals from other countries to come into the US because of rabies' issues. When that was lifted/eased, we applied for permits, got approved and they went to fly the other 2 dogs. They were afraid of being crated and destroyed the crates and couldn't fly (12 and a half hours). The foster folks took them back and have been crate training them to hopefully make the flight. Well, that flight is happening early next week and we'll be able to reunite Jana with her sister and brother. Lots of work to be done!
Yep that's me. Wife & I do some volunteer work for rescue where we got our 2 boys, thus the interest. Good on you! Great Christmas gift for you guys & especially Jana!

Yep that's me. Wife & I do some volunteer work for rescue where we got our 2 boys, thus the interest. Good on you! Great Christmas gift for you guys & especially Jana!
That's awesome to hear from like-minded folks. Really nice to know people like you who have such big hearts. We can't wait to get them even if the house becomes a zoo! Which it kinda already is anyhow.

So new team every week? Rosters aren’t locked and no bonus for having the players from the beginning?
That's correct, you can pick any player you want, any week you want to play them, no limits (not use once and lose). No roster locks, no bonus, it's literally the top 5 teams with the highest total points after the SB, are paid out and then the team that had the highest point total from any week gets a payout.

Still room?
Yup, we have plenty of room. I'll PM you, so that you can shoot me your email, so that I can invite you.

Hey irish can you do the same fo me?

So I'm assuming you guys can't send me a PM? I'll send you one and then shoot me back your email, thx. Happy Holidays!
I could I just didn't want to bother you if it was full lol. Idk. Thanks and happy holidays!!!

Still room?
Yup, we have plenty of room. I'll PM you, so that you can shoot me your email, so that I can invite you.

Hey irish can you do the same fo me?

So I'm assuming you guys can't send me a PM? I'll send you one and then shoot me back your email, thx. Happy Holidays!
I could I just didn't want to bother you if it was full lol. Idk. Thanks and happy holidays!!!
No worries we have plenty of space, especially after I cleared things out. Happy to have ya on board.

GL and Happy Holidays!

Scott

Just so you guys know, as this was asked, I am this year and always have paid out 100% of the entry fees.

Users who are viewing this thread