What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please keep Chance in your thoughts and prayers (1 Viewer)

Praying for your family BB. I am so sorry. It sucks. So many things I wish we could at least understand.

Hang in there.

God bless

BB, my wife and I were feeling devastated when our son was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of weeks ago.

Your thread was important for us - we're back to being thankful, and this helped a lot. Thank you.
Yes, there is much to be thankful for. For all of us. Will be praying for your son and for your family. That you will have the courage to meet this challenge and that it will make the loving bonds of your family even stronger than you could imagine.

And thank you again everyone. I read and reflect on every post in this thread. This is where I come in the quiet times of the day.

BB, my wife and I were feeling devastated when our son was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of weeks ago.

Your thread was important for us - we're back to being thankful, and this helped a lot. Thank you.
Yes, there is much to be thankful for. For all of us. Will be praying for your son and for your family. That you will have the courage to meet this challenge and that it will make the loving bonds of your family even stronger than you could imagine.
God bless you BB. I hope you feel His love today.

That's beautiful obituary for a beautiful child, BB. Chance sounds like he accomplished quite a bit during his too short time on this Earth. I'm sure he's a chip off the old block in that regard.

It's pretty impressive to hear that the little guy was an accomplished bagpiper at his age. I often listen to the bagpipes when I run. I'll put a little something extra into my next bagpipe run in honor of Chance.
Thanks Jewell. Here is a photo from his regional competition solo in May 2012, just a month before his cancer diagnosis. He won his division. An unusual musical pursuit to say the least, but one he had a real talent for.
That is an awesome picture, BB. I'm particularly struck by the way he has his fingers positioned, each one set so precisely. Beautiful...

Watched the end of the Texans/Chiefs game today. Saw Watt sack Smith and do the Bum Phillips tribute. Immediately thought of Chance and what a great thing JJ did for him too. :thumbup:

Just went through this thread for the first time. I've spent the past several years avoiding being sociable in the FFA. No clue what to say to ease your pain. Probably don't exist.

Much respect for you as a person. You're one of the good guys. Best to you and yours going forward.
--
Hooper!

If you sent me a PM about donating and the conversation between us in PMs shows as "deleted", consider that acknowledgment that I received your payment. If our conversation does NOT show as deleted but you believe you sent me money, please let me know and double-check your payment.

Thanks to all who donated. We're over $2k already.
Refresher for people who have recently sent PMs and donation update. Thanks again to all who have donated.

So so sorry for your loss, BB. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Words can't express. Thank you sincerely for sharing Chance's memory. Tears in Newfoundland this evening as my kids give me weird looks for longer hugs.

If you sent me a PM about donating and the conversation between us in PMs shows as "deleted", consider that acknowledgment that I received your payment. If our conversation does NOT show as deleted but you believe you sent me money, please let me know and double-check your payment.

Thanks to all who donated. We're over $2k already.
Refresher for people who have recently sent PMs and donation update. Thanks again to all who have donated.
Nice!

That Cups song came on while I was shopping today. I had my 3 month old boy with me. I hugged him especially tight as I fought back tears in a corner of the store.

God Bless

That Cups song came on while I was shopping today. I had my 3 month old boy with me. I hugged him especially tight as I fought back tears in a corner of the store.

God Bless
I've enjoyed that song for a while now, but it definitely has a new resonance.

Hope you and your family are holding up okay, bb.

Thanks guys. The funeral mass was yesterday. The service was perfect and more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be, and it was more painful than I ever thought possible. The turnout was nothing short of amazing, with around 750-800 people in attendance. We were blown away. The burial service was much more intimate, and Chance's cousin and best friend spoke. Their tributes to Chance were simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking. It was an incredibly difficult day, but one overflowing with the love of friends and family.

Today has been much quieter, and that is almost worse. The feeling of loss is overwhelming. I just miss him so much. We have a "One Day at a Time" magnet on the refrigerator. It's such a cliche, but I've never understood the power of its simple truth until today. There is no way I can survive the next 30+ years without Chance. But I can survive today.

Thanks guys. The funeral mass was yesterday. The service was perfect and more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be, and it was more painful than I ever thought possible. The turnout was nothing short of amazing, with around 750-800 people in attendance. We were blown away. The burial service was much more intimate, and Chance's cousin and best friend spoke. Their tributes to Chance were simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking. It was an incredibly difficult day, but one overflowing with the love of friends and family.

Today has been much quieter, and that is almost worse. The feeling of loss is overwhelming. I just miss him so much. We have a "One Day at a Time" magnet on the refrigerator. It's such a cliche, but I've never understood the power of its simple truth until today. There is no way I can survive the next 30+ years without Chance. But I can survive today.
Stay strong, brother. If you don't want it to be quiet yet, I'm sure just about any of the 800 people from yesterday will be there for you.

#### the cliche's. They are used for a reason. One day at a time, that's all you can do.

I've been thinking of you all daily.

At the risk of seeming indelicate, can I ask about the cousin's and best friend's words? I applaud both, as I assume they are roughly Chance's age and I can't imagine the mindset/pain there.

I can't imagine how helpless you must have felt the last few months. I'm glad you have another young one to keep you going; I know I would be extremely bitter, angry, and ready to tell the world to go #### itself after being dealt the hand you've been dealt.

Keep your chin up bb. You've made everyone here a better person by sharing your story and giving us some perspective.

Hi bigbottom. You and your family remain in my prayers.

I see you mention the funeral mass, and I was wondering if your a Catholic. If so, I have something to share but if not, I don't want to overstep my bounds - just something that has helped me a lot through the loss of one of my best friend and then, three years to the day later, my mom. It's distinctly Catholic though so I won't go any further as I don't want to clutter up the thread with anything remotely controversial. I tried pm but your box is full.

-Pav

Hi bigbottom.

your box is full.
confirmed

Hope this comes out right...

Today has been much quieter, and that is almost worse. ...
Always that way. As long as you stay busy the real thinking can stay away.

Oh, and while all of this has given you "the gift of perspective", don't underestimate the value right now of time wasting triviality.

...There is no way I can survive the next 30+ years without Chance. ...
While it wasn't what you would want, I'd bet you haven't lived any of these days without him.

Thanks all. As for Chance's cousin and best friend's tributes, I have copies of them, but don't feel comfortable sharing them as they were their personal tributes, not mine. Suffice to say that they were incredibly heartfelt and moving. And, yes, it was a Catholic funeral mass. I'm not Catholic, but my wife and two boys are. They're not regularly practicing Catholics, but Chance was able to take his first communion several days before he died.

At the risk of oversharing, here is the program from the funeral mass.

Thanks all. As for Chance's cousin and best friend's tributes, I have copies of them, but don't feel comfortable sharing them as they were their personal tributes, not mine. Suffice to say that they were incredibly heartfelt and moving. And, yes, it was a Catholic funeral mass. I'm not Catholic, but my wife and two boys are. They're not regularly practicing Catholics, but Chance was able to take his first communion several days before he died.

Awesome pictures of Chance and your family BB. Thanks for sharing. Continued thoughts and prayers your way gb.

Sorry and {{hugs}}

How old was Chance in the last pic with his brother? What a great shot of the two of them, you can see the brotherly love coming from it. I have two boys 17 months apart and I can see them in your boys. I hope Clay is doing as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

I feel for you and your family, bb. All of you are in my thoughts every day.

bigbottom said:

()

()

()

Those pictures are so fantastic. And the one of the two boys on the last page is especially gorgeous.

In terms of days getting harder, that's often the case. When something happens, people are all around and there's so much to do, but it's the days and weeks beyond, when you're not busy taking care of arrangements, etc. when you have time and capacity to absorb the loss. It WILL get better, even though there's a part of you that doesn't want it to, because that seems like you're "forgetting" him. You're not, of course, and eventually having a good day or two doesn't mean that he matters less. It will come, and Chance will be glad when the day comes that your memories are completely positive instead of combined with that overwhelming loss.

I think lots of us, without knowing him, have fallen in love with Chance. His presence on the earth is so much more palpable than most people who live a "full" life.

Thinking about you and your family, BB. The program is beautiful as is your family, I'm glad to hear the funeral mass was filled with so much love from so many people. Hang in there, man.

Thinking of you and your family all the time.

The pictures were fantastic.

Hang in there BB.

Love and prayers for strength to you and your family.

Oh man major knot in the throat looking at those pics. Beautiful pics BB.

Praying that you and your wife and your boy Clay have strength in the difficult days ahead. Love and strength will get you thru and I have a feeling you guys have plenty.

750-800 people? Wow.

Speaks a lot to the lives Chance touches. Your family is tremendously fortunate to have you, and it seems you are fortunate to have them, as well. Continued love and well wishes from the Koya family.

It sounds so cliche (and yes, saying something sounds cliche is cliche, it's the FFA and I get it), but Chance, you and your family are not only restoring a tremendous amount of faith in humanity, but demonstrating a lot of how we can uphold ourselves in such trying times. For that, thanks again for having the courage to share.

BB

Thank you so much for sharing this incredibly personal and fragile time, and more importantly, a little bit of Chance with us. It has inspired us to be better fathers and sone, reminded us not to take things wonderful daily moments for granted, and illuminated grace that walks among us. You and Chance have made this world a better place than how you found it.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Chance is at peace now. Thank you all for everything.
Sorry BB.We are so grateful to you as a collective fior generously sharing and being such an inspiration. We all go through periods of grief and loss; it is hard to imagine anything more devastating than a child preceding, and you handled it with uncanny grace.

You will pnever know how much Chance and this thread meant to me. I know I am not alone.

Bless you, BB. Bless your family. Rest easy, Chance.
Well said.

I can't add anything that has not been said but will say that your son touched a cynical idiot from NYC who he never met

I don't know you personally but your story has touched my heart

There is no way around the sadness of missing him. But try to let his spirit inspire you to rise up and be strong. Do positive things for Chance. He would not want you to wallow in sadness. Let his joyful spirit live on in his family whom he loves.

Beautiful, what a bunch of great pictures of Chance and his family. My thoughts are with you.

My heart really goes out to you and your family, BB. What a beautiful kid.

Users who are viewing this thread