What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your Top 15 Dynasty RB Rankings (1 Viewer)

ThePittbully

Footballguy
I saw someone started a top 15 Redraft rankings thread, so I thought we should have a dynasty one for people to post their thoughts as well. If your rankings are for PPR please say so.

I'll start

Non PPR

1. Peterson

2. Sjax

3. LT

4. Addai

5. Gore

6. Portis

7. Lynch

8. Westbrook

9. Marion Barber

10. Ryan Grant

11. MJD

12. McGahee

13. Reggie Bush

14. LJ

15. Turner

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR

1 Peterson

2 Jackson

3 Tomlinson

4 Addai

5 Westbrook

6 Gore

7 Lynch

8 Bush

9 Portis

10 Barber

11 Parker

12 Johnson

13 Jones-Drew

14 McGahee

15 Maroney

16 Brown

17 Grant

18 Turner

19 Jacobs

20 Lewis

LTSJaxAddaiPetersonWestbrookLJBarber LynchMcGaheeMaroneyGrantPortisGoreTurnerW Parker
Interesting. Whats your reasoning in having Addai ahead of Peterson?
To make some people mad..Seriously, I don't consider myself a genius by any means but IMHO..I am not a big fan of Peterson although I think he is very good and has the potiential to be great. I am concerned about his injuries that he has had and the ones he could suffer due to his running style and how physical he runs. I do believe until they get a real QB in Minny and some consistant WR's that it will be 8 in the box (similar to the last several games of last year).Let's just say I like Addai's chances with Manning/R Wayne/A Gonzalez/D Clark and their O-line.I don't know..I guess I am really high on Addai.

LTSJaxAddaiPetersonWestbrookLJBarber LynchMcGaheeMaroneyGrantPortisGoreTurnerW Parker
Interesting. Whats your reasoning in having Addai ahead of Peterson?
To make some people mad..Seriously, I don't consider myself a genius by any means but IMHO..I am not a big fan of Peterson although I think he is very good and has the potiential to be great. I am concerned about his injuries that he has had and the ones he could suffer due to his running style and how physical he runs. I do believe until they get a real QB in Minny and some consistant WR's that it will be 8 in the box (similar to the last several games of last year).Let's just say I like Addai's chances with Manning/R Wayne/A Gonzalez/D Clark and their O-line.I don't know..I guess I am really high on Addai.
I totally understand that reasoning, and its a good argument to make. But I have to say, I have alot of concerns about Addai's durability as well. As a LSU fan I can tell you he's had alot of trouble staying healthy in the past. He doesnt have a history of major injuries, but he does have a tendency to pick up smaller nagging injuries and wear down as games and the season goes on. I think he has a limit on the amount of carries he can handle and we saw a little of that last year. Also Peterson, IMO, has a much higher ceiling of possible fantasy production than Addai even on a currently not so hot offense

PPR

1 Peterson

2 Jackson

3 Tomlinson
OK. Help me out here. You've got Tomlinson at RB3 in dynasty, but over here you say you'd only give a top 15-20 RB and a top 25-30 WR for him, which seems pretty low to me.This guy's been hard to lock down from a trading perspective all offseason. Everybody wants to rank him high, but nobody wants to pay for him. Where do the masses really think his value lies?

PPR

1 ADP *

2 SJ *

3 LT *

4 Westbrook *

5 Addai *

6 Gore *

7 Bush

8 MJD

9 Lynch

10 Grant

11 McGahee *

12 Barber

13 LJ *

14 Portis *

15 Parker

* = Guys I would actually feel comfortable with as my #1. While I have Bush, MJD, Lynch ranked higher than some of those guys, I still don't know how good I'd feel if they were my top guys going into 2008 and going into each weekly matchup, if that makes sense.

OK, here goes guys...

Tier 1/ 1a.

1 – ADP

2 – Sjax

Peterson seems more capable than any other young RB of having the type of season that you can ride to a championship ala LT2 and Alexander in his prime. As someone who has only been watching Football for the past 13 years or so, this must be taken in context but I have never seen anyone run like this guy; he is phenomenal and I hope he holds up.

IMO, SJAX is the only other under 27 RB that gives me a positive feeling close to ADP; he can win you a championship.

That's why SJAX and ADP are my #1 and #2.

3 – LT2

If he wasn't about to hit 29, he'd be #1. Still, there is the possibility that he'll put another 2 or 3 good seasons together (top 1-7), and maybe even be the main man again this year. #3 is as low as I can go for this elite talent and if it goes south fast I can live with the fact that I backed a proven winner who hit the wall a little early.

Tier 2

4 – Gore

5 – Addai

6 – Westbrook

7 – MJD

I love Gore's talent and think he is the kind of guy who could thrive in a Martz system. Lest we forget however, this guy has had some serious injurys in the past and he is maybe another knee injury away from extinction. All the same, for ability to put up crazy numbers and a slightly better longevity factor he’s #4. Addai is #5 because he should product consistently high numbers for the foreseeable future. Westbrook is an elite talent, but he is often dinged up. How much more can those knees take? At 29, His age doesn’t seem to get the same attention as LT2, but they are almost the same age. #6 based on elite talent with limited shelf life.

Drew will likely be higher on my list than most, as he seems destined to be part of a RBBC. I say, so what. He is short not small and is an excellent goal line back. I think he puts up numbers in the 7-13 range (with the potential for more) for up to the next 5 years starting this year.

Tier 3

8 – MBIII

9 – Portis

10 – Bush (Reggie)

11 – Lynch

MBIII has been outstanding the past two seasons and plays in quality offense that suits his style. RRBC concerns are nothing to me as he has put up great number in a RBBC; hell, it might even make his career longer.

Portis is a great player who is an old 27. He may fall apart soon, but he seems to be a gamer and can put up great numbers – expect two more years, hope for 4.

Reggie has been a letdown for me but he will get his as long as Payton is the coach in NO. Not a big fan to be honest, so I won’t harp on about the negatives; he’ll be given every (and I mean probably too much) of an opportunity to succeed in the league and in PPR he has performed well.

Lynch; love this kid and he will probably be in a good position for several years to come. I just don’t think either his talent level or his team’s offense will allow for him to ever be elite. But there is nothing wrong with steady production ala Rudi.

And Finally…

12 – FWP

13 – McGahee

14 – Grant

15 – LJ

FWP is the Steelers running game and there is a lot to be said for that. I like his consistency and style. Not too concerned with a broken bone as opposed to say ACL.

McGahee; I expect Cam Cameron to be his fantasy savior (just as I expect Cameron’s departure from Miami to be R Browns demise).

Grant won me over in the playoffs. He is undrafted but that’s not going to make him loose his job in a crowded but mediocre GB RB pool.

LJ; wow, can’t believe I’m ranking him this low and he almost didn’t make it. No QB, no O-line and the fact that he has been worked near to death in the past few seasons are some of the negatives. Talent is his major positive and I’ll be rooting for him.

I am kinda surprised by the low rankings for LJ. I can understand the O-line and QB and even the recent injury concerns but did everyone see his stats prior to his injury?

9/30 123 yards rushing and 25 yards receiving = 148 yards total

10/07 12 yards rushing terrible matchup vs Jags

10/14 119 yards rushing 1 TD and 24 yards receiving = 143 yards total

10/21 112 yards rushing 1 TD and 21 yards receiving = 134 yards total

bye week

11/04 53 yards rushing 1 TD rush and 42 yards receiving 1 TD rec vs a pretty good GB Defense

I don't think these are great numbers but they are pretty solid :popcorn:

Even with Coyle and bad O-line and limited training camp..not too bad.

OK, here goes guys...Tier 1/ 1a.1 – ADP2 – SjaxPeterson seems more capable than any other young RB of having the type of season that you can ride to a championship ala LT2 and Alexander in his prime. As someone who has only been watching Football for the past 13 years or so, this must be taken in context but I have never seen anyone run like this guy; he is phenomenal and I hope he holds up.IMO, SJAX is the only other under 27 RB that gives me a positive feeling close to ADP; he can win you a championship. That's why SJAX and ADP are my #1 and #2.3 – LT2If he wasn't about to hit 29, he'd be #1. Still, there is the possibility that he'll put another 2 or 3 good seasons together (top 1-7), and maybe even be the main man again this year. #3 is as low as I can go for this elite talent and if it goes south fast I can live with the fact that I backed a proven winner who hit the wall a little early.Tier 24 – Gore5 – Addai6 – Westbrook7 – MJDI love Gore's talent and think he is the kind of guy who could thrive in a Martz system. Lest we forget however, this guy has had some serious injurys in the past and he is maybe another knee injury away from extinction. All the same, for ability to put up crazy numbers and a slightly better longevity factor he’s #4. Addai is #5 because he should product consistently high numbers for the foreseeable future. Westbrook is an elite talent, but he is often dinged up. How much more can those knees take? At 29, His age doesn’t seem to get the same attention as LT2, but they are almost the same age. #6 based on elite talent with limited shelf life.Drew will likely be higher on my list than most, as he seems destined to be part of a RBBC. I say, so what. He is short not small and is an excellent goal line back. I think he puts up numbers in the 7-13 range (with the potential for more) for up to the next 5 years starting this year.Tier 38 – MBIII9 – Portis10 – Bush (Reggie)11 – LynchMBIII has been outstanding the past two seasons and plays in quality offense that suits his style. RRBC concerns are nothing to me as he has put up great number in a RBBC; hell, it might even make his career longer.Portis is a great player who is an old 27. He may fall apart soon, but he seems to be a gamer and can put up great numbers – expect two more years, hope for 4.Reggie has been a letdown for me but he will get his as long as Payton is the coach in NO. Not a big fan to be honest, so I won’t harp on about the negatives; he’ll be given every (and I mean probably too much) of an opportunity to succeed in the league and in PPR he has performed well.Lynch; love this kid and he will probably be in a good position for several years to come. I just don’t think either his talent level or his team’s offense will allow for him to ever be elite. But there is nothing wrong with steady production ala Rudi.And Finally…12 – FWP13 – McGahee14 – Grant15 – LJFWP is the Steelers running game and there is a lot to be said for that. I like his consistency and style. Not too concerned with a broken bone as opposed to say ACL.McGahee; I expect Cam Cameron to be his fantasy savior (just as I expect Cameron’s departure from Miami to be R Browns demise). Grant won me over in the playoffs. He is undrafted but that’s not going to make him loose his job in a crowded but mediocre GB RB pool.LJ; wow, can’t believe I’m ranking him this low and he almost didn’t make it. No QB, no O-line and the fact that he has been worked near to death in the past few seasons are some of the negatives. Talent is his major positive and I’ll be rooting for him.
Nice job - good effort - thanks.

OK, here goes guys...Tier 1/ 1a.1 – ADP2 – SjaxPeterson seems more capable than any other young RB of having the type of season that you can ride to a championship ala LT2 and Alexander in his prime. As someone who has only been watching Football for the past 13 years or so, this must be taken in context but I have never seen anyone run like this guy; he is phenomenal and I hope he holds up.IMO, SJAX is the only other under 27 RB that gives me a positive feeling close to ADP; he can win you a championship. That's why SJAX and ADP are my #1 and #2.3 – LT2If he wasn't about to hit 29, he'd be #1. Still, there is the possibility that he'll put another 2 or 3 good seasons together (top 1-7), and maybe even be the main man again this year. #3 is as low as I can go for this elite talent and if it goes south fast I can live with the fact that I backed a proven winner who hit the wall a little early.Tier 24 – Gore5 – Addai6 – Westbrook7 – MJDI love Gore's talent and think he is the kind of guy who could thrive in a Martz system. Lest we forget however, this guy has had some serious injurys in the past and he is maybe another knee injury away from extinction. All the same, for ability to put up crazy numbers and a slightly better longevity factor he’s #4. Addai is #5 because he should product consistently high numbers for the foreseeable future. Westbrook is an elite talent, but he is often dinged up. How much more can those knees take? At 29, His age doesn’t seem to get the same attention as LT2, but they are almost the same age. #6 based on elite talent with limited shelf life.Drew will likely be higher on my list than most, as he seems destined to be part of a RBBC. I say, so what. He is short not small and is an excellent goal line back. I think he puts up numbers in the 7-13 range (with the potential for more) for up to the next 5 years starting this year.Tier 38 – MBIII9 – Portis10 – Bush (Reggie)11 – LynchMBIII has been outstanding the past two seasons and plays in quality offense that suits his style. RRBC concerns are nothing to me as he has put up great number in a RBBC; hell, it might even make his career longer.Portis is a great player who is an old 27. He may fall apart soon, but he seems to be a gamer and can put up great numbers – expect two more years, hope for 4.Reggie has been a letdown for me but he will get his as long as Payton is the coach in NO. Not a big fan to be honest, so I won’t harp on about the negatives; he’ll be given every (and I mean probably too much) of an opportunity to succeed in the league and in PPR he has performed well.Lynch; love this kid and he will probably be in a good position for several years to come. I just don’t think either his talent level or his team’s offense will allow for him to ever be elite. But there is nothing wrong with steady production ala Rudi.And Finally…12 – FWP13 – McGahee14 – Grant15 – LJFWP is the Steelers running game and there is a lot to be said for that. I like his consistency and style. Not too concerned with a broken bone as opposed to say ACL.McGahee; I expect Cam Cameron to be his fantasy savior (just as I expect Cameron’s departure from Miami to be R Browns demise). Grant won me over in the playoffs. He is undrafted but that’s not going to make him loose his job in a crowded but mediocre GB RB pool.LJ; wow, can’t believe I’m ranking him this low and he almost didn’t make it. No QB, no O-line and the fact that he has been worked near to death in the past few seasons are some of the negatives. Talent is his major positive and I’ll be rooting for him.
Nice job - good effort - thanks.
Thanks man.

PPR

1 Peterson

2 Jackson

3 Tomlinson
OK. Help me out here. You've got Tomlinson at RB3 in dynasty, but over here you say you'd only give a top 15-20 RB and a top 25-30 WR for him, which seems pretty low to me.This guy's been hard to lock down from a trading perspective all offseason. Everybody wants to rank him high, but nobody wants to pay for him. Where do the masses really think his value lies?
As an LT2 owner in one league, I'm finding the same thing. I wish I could get LT2 as cheaply as people percieve his value in all my leagues, but the truth is no-one would sell him so cheap.

I am kinda surprised by the low rankings for LJ. I can understand the O-line and QB and even the recent injury concerns but did everyone see his stats prior to his injury? 9/30 123 yards rushing and 25 yards receiving = 148 yards total10/07 12 yards rushing terrible matchup vs Jags10/14 119 yards rushing 1 TD and 24 yards receiving = 143 yards total10/21 112 yards rushing 1 TD and 21 yards receiving = 134 yards totalbye week11/04 53 yards rushing 1 TD rush and 42 yards receiving 1 TD rec vs a pretty good GB DefenseI don't think these are great numbers but they are pretty solid :wub: Even with Coyle and bad O-line and limited training camp..not too bad.
Yea after going back and looking at it closer I'd say I have him too low on my own rankings. Although Im not sure how far exactly I will move him up. He was looking good before he got hurt. Two of those games are against very weak defenses, but the others were against SD and GB which both have pretty solid D.

PPR

Peterson

Steven Jackson

MJD

Gore

LT

Westbrook

Bush

Addai

Barber

Lynch

Maroney

Portis

McGahee

Ronnie Brown

D. Williams

Turner

Edited to add D. Williams in the last tier

For a PPR:

1. AP

2. Addai

3. Jackson

4. LT

5. Westbrook

6. Lynch

7. Gore

8. MJD

9. Maroney

10.LJ

11.Bush

12.MB3

13.Brown

14.Portis

15.DeAngelo

No PPR (not now, not ever)

1. AP

2. LT

3. Jackson

4. Addai

5. MJD

6. Gore

7. Lynch

8. B. Jacobs

9. Westbrook

10. Portis

11. LJ

12.MB3

13.FWP

14. Grant

15. DeAngelo

Im kind of surprised to see so many people with DeWill in the top fifteen. Not that I have him much lower than that, I have him ranked at 20. I havent seen many people around these boards talk highly of him in quite a while though. There was alot of buzz around him the year he came out, but lately I see alot of people who think he doesnt have what it takes to be a feature back at this level

Non-PPR. Normal performance scoring.

Caveat #1: I prefer players that you can stick into the line-up and forget about. You know, guys that don't share the rock as much.

Guys that produce well in a RBBC are slightly downgraded for me.

Caveat #2: This may not be how they end up in the fantasy rankings, but this is how I would draft them.

I don't want a #2 acting as my #1 when my virtual team steps on the field.

The big dogs (can single handedly win or lose your season):

1. Peterson, MIN - Youth, potential, and showing he can play at the pro level. Great OL and the QB situation can turn on a dime.

2. Jackson, STL - Can carry a team to the championship by himself. Youth is on his side. OL was bad, but they've brought a guy in.

3. Tomlinson, SD - drops due to age. Still tops due to HOF ability. Competitive team that is centered around him.

4. Westbrook, PHI - two years without really missing time, even if he's been on the injury report. Age is a factor, but performance is not.

Can jump up into the top 3 or spiral down the rankings:

5. Gore, SF - top 5 RB in talent. A franchise guy that can turn a bad team into a good one. Injury history, but the ACLs were 5 years ago. That's a long time.

6. Addai, IND - What's not to like about his situation? He had ACL and MCL injuries way back when, but no one holds it against him. Peyton Manning, enough said.

Reliable guys that don't share the rock much (perhaps less upside, but you put them in the line-up and not worry about it):

7. Lynch, BUF - Not the best situation, yet, but getting there. Detractor is QB Edwards learning curve. Not sure he can carry a team, but he's solid.

8. Portis, WAS - Previously injured, but came back well from it. West coast offense should help. Capable of being better than this spot.

9. McGahee, BAL - Has had injuries before. Change in coaching should help, including Cameron as OC. Needs a new QB and that should come this year.

Now come the RBBC guys that put up great stats in that role with future potential to increase their workload:

10. Jones-Drew, JAC - Hella good for a short man. Taylor can't last forever. Extremely talented, but team isn't an offensive powerhouse.

11. Barber, DAL - crazy running style may lead to a short career, but RBs don't last long anyways. Who Dallas adds to the mix is concerning, so is the WR age.

Guys with multiple concerns:

12. Johnson, KC - the surrounding team is a mess and he's got mileage and age creeping up. He's a guy you grab for a run at the title this year or next.

13. Parker, PIT - can carry the load, but the team looks like they don't want him to. Team moved towards a passing philosophy. Coaching staff changeover.

Swing for the fences and hope you're right:

14. Maroney, NE - Injury concern, passing team, and of course Sammy Morris takes some cake. Good upside on a good team.

15. Turner, ATL - low mileage is pretty much all we know. Throw him in as your #2 back for two years then sell. He's older than most people think.

The hype is over:

16. Bush, NO - talented, but doubt he isn't more than a trick play guy. Saints adding defense this year may mean less of a passing game.

17. Brown, MIA - 3 years in the league, 3 years injured. Showed a flash last year, but not much else above average. Bad team in a lot of areas.

Probably good, but still up in the air:

18. Grant, GB - I want to believe, really I do. Team situation changed when Favre retired. Risky move to take him higher, but can't fault anyone for it.

19. Johnson, CIN - people are writing him off after one injury. One bad year is forgivable. He's probably less risky than some of the guys listed above.

20. Jacobs, NYG - puts up the points on a running team. Problem is he doesn't play enough. Has a high contact style. Free agent next year drops value a lot.

Caveat #3: Left off a whole bunch of older guys that will probably produce better than some of these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread