What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prayers for my step dad pls (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
70 years
Been declining health for years after a stroke 5 years ago.
Apparently he's been a heavy drinker for years and hid it from everyone. His liver is going bad. Has liver cirrhosis. He was so weak when they brought him in and discovered it. They detoxed him and it put him in shock. now he's on a ventilator. Been on it 8 days. He's been very non responsive to wake. He responds to some commands but its shaky at best. They say he needs to respond better by Monday or recovery chances are slim. Any thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Hes a sweet guy and I'm broken up about it.
Thanks bros

He hid heavy drinking from you mom for years?

Regardless, best wishes to you and yours and hope for a recovery.

Be honest I only really saw him at holidays and the occasional football game. He was always the same. But apparently he hid whiskey bottles all around the house. Crazy I know. Cause I drink like crazy and never knew

We think he was drinking all the time though. No breaks at all. For years

Thanks guys. I hate it most for my mom who has already gone through this with my dad. He died when I was 18 with cancer. We went through similar stuff already so this is bringing up alot of old memories. Stuff I was hoping to forget

Man, that's a heavy load to lift. I sincerely pray and hope that this turns out for the best -- that you at least get to spend time with him while he's conscious. My mother just lost her cousin to similar circumstances. They suspected (knew) he was a heavy drinker, and he died from untreated lung cancer. He was 75.

I hope and pray that your mother is okay through this. I would hope and assume you'll be there for her. Best to you both, and bigbottom said it best. Hoping for love and light and praying for strength for you and her.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I hate it most for my mom who has already gone through this with my dad. He died when I was 18 with cancer. We went through similar stuff already so this is bringing up alot of old memories. Stuff I was hoping to forget
Reach out for help from a grief counselor. If you don't want to go to a professional there are support groups for everything.

RIP Wikki you would have just the right words.

Sorry to hear this, that’s awful. I hope for the best and also maybe a good reminder to us all to pay close attention to our loved ones and try to have honest open conversations with them. People are very good at hiding things, especially when they think nobody would understand.

70 years
Apparently he's been a heavy drinker for years and hid it from everyone. His liver is going bad. Has liver cirrhosis. He was so weak when they brought him in and discovered it. They detoxed him and it put him in shock. now he's on a ventilator. Been on it 8 days. He's been very non responsive to wake. He responds to some commands but its shaky at best. They say he needs to respond better by Monday or recovery chances are slim. Any thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Hes a sweet guy and I'm broken up about it.
Thanks bros

🙏 GB.

So sorry for your loss, need2know. Will keep you and your mother in my thoughts. Will make sure to treat my loved ones with extra care tonight.

Sad to say he passed earlier today. So quick. Hug your loved ones
That sucks but it sounds like he didn't have to suffer a prolonged journey for several years.

After you mourn, go celebrate life with those that are able and bring joy to you, go celebrate the things you do that don't add up to this kind of end that so many experience.

-I only know you from the SP and occasionally in here, you are always a fun read and even when I might be the butt of a few of your jokes/ribbing, I can see they're always meant in fun. You're a good person and I hope you get through this quickly.

Cheers!

I'm sorry for your loss, n2k. I wish you and your family peace and comfort, and may your sweet stepdad rest in peace.

Last edited:
70 years
Thanks bros
Hang in there brother, my thoughts are with you and your family during this.

Users who are viewing this thread