What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Pre-Game Thread*** New Orleans at Seattle (1 Viewer)

While I think St Louis is a better team than Seattle, I much prefer having the Saints travel to play in StL than going to Seattle. Anything can happen in Seattle.

The game was closer than the score indicated the first time the 'hawks played the 'aints. I'll be begging, borrowing, and stealing trying to get a ticket if the saints come to town next week.

Edit: And I'll probably lose my voice for a week after that

Last edited by a moderator:
Experience, veteran savvy, know-how to reach goals and meet expectations...I feel like the Saints have every intangible advantage a team could have.

Hate to travel all the way up to seattle, but I think we matchup pretty good. IIRC, we played the first game without Pierre or Reggie. Should be a good one on a short week.

I'm much less excited about our playoffs now than I was 6 days ago..

- sudden rash of injuries (Colston, Pierre, Ivory, Graham, Jenkins, Brown..)

- short week with the Saturday early game

- traveling to Siberia

:lmao:

I'm much less excited about our playoffs now than I was 6 days ago.. - sudden rash of injuries (Colston, Pierre, Ivory, Graham, Jenkins, Brown..)- short week with the Saturday early game- traveling to Siberia:lmao:
At least Reggie was running good today.I wonder how long it'll be before Payton releases info on the injuries.

This game's going to be tougher than people think. Seattle is always good at home, and I think they can build on the confidence of tonight's game. The Saints will win, but it won't be easy. 21-17

Gadabout said:
proninja said:
The game was closer than the score indicated the first time the 'hawks played the 'aints.
Nah, it wasn't.
I think it was until around the end of the 3rd quarter. Maybe a tad earlier. The O couldn't give the D a rest and the Saints mopped them up. Maybe it just seemed closer because the other two teams in the NFCS whipped us so badly from the start.

Gadabout said:
proninja said:
The game was closer than the score indicated the first time the 'hawks played the 'aints.
Nah, it wasn't.
I think it was until around the end of the 3rd quarter. Maybe a tad earlier. The O couldn't give the D a rest and the Saints mopped them up. Maybe it just seemed closer because the other two teams in the NFCS whipped us so badly from the start.
First half was kinda close. After that, not so much.

Colston hurt them the most with 8/113/2. IIRC Lynch helped turn the tide with two fumbles, and a couple dropped passes.

Seattle has nothing to lose. I suspect they'll be one of the biggest playoff underdogs in history. Take the points.

That Seattle is in the playoffs and hosting a game is an afront to the NFL.
What did it take 5 posts to get one of these? LOL.Who had the over on 4.5? I had the under. People are too unoriginal to allow such things to pass without saying something.

Seattle has nothing to lose. I suspect they'll be one of the biggest playoff underdogs in history. Take the points.
I believe it's "only" 10 points right now...i'd take the Saints if all i'm getting is 10 points...and I'm a seahawk fan, but let's be serious, Seahawks don't ever lose by just 10!

Val, where all these guys injured today? If so, Peyton getting heat for keeping his starters in a meaningless game?
Colston, Pierre, and Shockey were held out but Ivory, Graham, Jenkins, and Brown were injured yesterday. Graham and Jenkins were injured very early on when the game did have some meaning. I don't think Payton is getting much heat, but I'm not in New Orleans.

I believe it's "only" 10 points right now...i'd take the Saints if all i'm getting is 10 points...and I'm a seahawk fan, but let's be serious, Seahawks don't ever lose by just 10!
Most are at 10.5. 5Dimes.com has it at 12

If I am saints fan I don't like this game

Long trip to the coast

Qwest Field is rated the 3 hardest place to play at in the NFL per ESPN(Sportscenter)

No one gives the Hawks a chance, N.O. looking ahead to the Falcons or Bears, maybe

Fans will be nuts at Qwest Field

Hawks have nothing to lose, but lots of motivation with the no respect their getting, plus Pete C. will work them up to a frenzy for this one.

The game is going to come down to Drew Brees, will he be the one with 22 picks, sacked 25 times, fumbled 9 times this year, or will he "magic Brees" and play a perfect game. I think the saints win, but if I had to pick one upset in the playoffs this is the one.

Finally, for those who say the Hawks can never win, look up how many ROAD playoff wins the saints have in their history

If I am saints fan I don't like this gameLong trip to the coastQwest Field is rated the 3 hardest place to play at in the NFL per ESPN(Sportscenter)No one gives the Hawks a chance, N.O. looking ahead to the Falcons or Bears, maybe Fans will be nuts at Qwest FieldHawks have nothing to lose, but lots of motivation with the no respect their getting, plus Pete C. will work them up to a frenzy for this one. The game is going to come down to Drew Brees, will he be the one with 22 picks, sacked 25 times, fumbled 9 times this year, or will he "magic Brees" and play a perfect game. I think the saints win, but if I had to pick one upset in the playoffs this is the one.Finally, for those who say the Hawks can never win, look up how many ROAD playoff wins the saints have in their history
This is SHOCKING coming from you. Absolutely shocking.

This is one of those games where you are quickly reminded who belongs in the playoffs and who does not.

Injuries or not, Saints trounce Seattle...this will not be competitive at all.

I was going to post this, this weekend. The heck with it here it is: Seattle beats The Saints. You heard it here first.

After this happens, please no phone calls.

Chris Ivory supposedly walking around with crutches and wearing a boot. Looking forward to Wednesday's injury report.

myhousekey said:
Saints have re-signed rb deshawn wynn.
Yuck. I'm going to guess they'll rest Pierre, Ivory, and anyone else they can to have them healthy for the 2nd round. I hope Colston plays though, as this passing game looked pretty lost without him.

I too was hoping for the Rams to win.. Dome game, less travel., rookie QB.

I am realy surprised no one here is mentioning the Hass vs Whitehurst issue. Whitehurst does not scare me at all. Hass is a vet and he slung it well vs the Saints in the Dome.

Also NO had problems against supposedly chalenged offenses and inspired defenses vs the Cards and Browns. Bad teams play a good game and come in with a strategy to win and pull it off. Looking at those two games the Saints had major yardage advantage and more scoring opportunities and in the end you were left with a headscratcher as to just how they lost that game.

The running game has not returned and now we are maybe looking at Bush, Julius and Wynn??? Yikes.

This is the Saints - we should never be overconfident or arrogant, we are at our best when hopeful.

Not feeling great about this one. If I had to bet I would bet the Saints to cover if Whitehurst starts, not so if Hass starts.

If I am saints fan I don't like this game

Long trip to the coast

Qwest Field is rated the 3 hardest place to play at in the NFL per ESPN(Sportscenter)

No one gives the Hawks a chance, N.O. looking ahead to the Falcons or Bears, maybe

Fans will be nuts at Qwest Field

Hawks have nothing to lose, but lots of motivation with the no respect their getting, plus Pete C. will work them up to a frenzy for this one.

The game is going to come down to Drew Brees, will he be the one with 22 picks, sacked 25 times, fumbled 9 times this year, or will he "magic Brees" and play a perfect game. I think the saints win, but if I had to pick one upset in the playoffs this is the one.

Finally, for those who say the Hawks can never win, look up how many ROAD playoff wins the saints have in their history
Seattle has an anemic pass rush. I'm sure Brees will do his thing without much encumbrance. No need to over think this one. Saints win easily, 35-13.

Gadabout said:
greggorymac said:
Gadabout said:
Chris Ivory supposedly walking around with crutches and wearing a boot. Looking forward to Wednesday's injury report.
So will Pierre finally get a shot? Is he the Saints RB to play that week?
Well, Julius Jones is healthy, but he's not really a RB.
Yeah, JJ couldn't even make the squad in Seattle. I don't know why he would see the field when you have Reggie Bush to give the ball to.

Gadabout said:
greggorymac said:
Gadabout said:
Believe it or not, Reggie is the only RB who appears to be healthy. Well, Julius Jones is healthy, but he's not really a RB.
Any chance that Pierre was just being saved for the playoffs? Resting him in a meaningless game against Tampa when the Saints figured they had Ivory healthy?

Gadabout said:
greggorymac said:
Gadabout said:
Believe it or not, Reggie is the only RB who appears to be healthy. Well, Julius Jones is healthy, but he's not really a RB.
Any chance that Pierre was just being saved for the playoffs? Resting him in a meaningless game against Tampa when the Saints figured they had Ivory healthy?
That's what I was thinking. A healthy Pierre and Reggie would bring about a ton of confidence in them winning.

Gadabout said:
greggorymac said:
Gadabout said:
Well, Julius Jones is healthy, but he's not really a RB.
Yeah, JJ couldn't even make the squad in Seattle. I don't know why he would see the field when you have Reggie Bush to give the ball to.
Well Reggie isn't really a RB either. When you're employing the likes of Julius Jones, Ladell Betts, and Deshawn Wynn, it's safe to say your roster has a big hole.

Users who are viewing this thread