What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Game Threads? (1 Viewer)

I really don't know that PS games deserve their own threads.

There should be a thread about Preseason Observations, false signals, and early indicators.

So my guide says San Francisco vs Baltimore on NFLN but I'm getting a relay of the HOF game. Anyone else?

So my guide says San Francisco vs Baltimore on NFLN but I'm getting a relay of the HOF game. Anyone else?
Bal-SF for me
Must be some ridiculous blackout restriction since I'm in Oregon. So silly.
Then it should be on a local channel, right?
It's not. Checked some other forums and it seems to be happening in places like Philly too. Might be a Comcast snafu.

Raiderfan32904 said:
SameSongNDance said:
Ivory injured? You don't say.
#### already? What a bum! Should've cut him already.
Time to bring back my favorite stat(s) from last year.

The Jets running back played in only 22 games over three seasons at Washington State because of injuries, achieving rushing stats in 14 of them (thanks to sports-reference.com).

When he transferred to Tiffin University after getting kicked off the Cougars he played very well in five games before a knee injury sidelined him for the rest of the season. Between both schools Ivory never played more than five consecutive games in college.

Ivory went undrafted but the Saints picked him up before the 2010 season. That year he hurt his knee (MCL), suffered a concussion, a separated shoulder and a hamstring strain before a Lisfranc injury capped his season. Only three of the injuries (knee, hamstring, foot) cost him playing time -- he managed to play in 11 straight games (12 total).

A sports hernia in August of 2011 forced him to begin that year on the PUP list. He was activated in Week 9 but was out for Weeks 10-14 with a hamstring injury. Ivory played in six games in 2011 with a high of four consecutive games.

During OTAs in the spring of 2012 he hurt his hamstring and was a "healthy scratch" until November. He played five straight games before his hamstrings cost him three more games.

Ivory already cost himself 17 days of camp this summer with a hamstring problem.
He actually only missed a game last year but dealt with a lingering hamstring injury from weeks 4-7 and also had some knee/ankle issues towards the end of the season.

So what's the deal with none of the teams playing very many starters? Is everyone "Belichek"ing the entire preseason instead of just the last one because they are afraid of injuries?

Hope to get a look at Lorenzo Tailliaferro for Baltimore tonight - I think he is the perfect fit at RB for the Ravens.

Versed in the zone blocking scheme Kubiak runs, big, strong, fast with soft hands.

Kubiaks next Foster IMO - in dynasty leagues, take your Rice and Peirce if you want .... LoRo is the back to stash

Raiderfan32904 said:
SameSongNDance said:
Ivory injured? You don't say.
#### already? What a bum! Should've cut him already.
Time to bring back my favorite stat(s) from last year.

The Jets running back played in only 22 games over three seasons at Washington State because of injuries, achieving rushing stats in 14 of them (thanks to sports-reference.com).

When he transferred to Tiffin University after getting kicked off the Cougars he played very well in five games before a knee injury sidelined him for the rest of the season. Between both schools Ivory never played more than five consecutive games in college.

Ivory went undrafted but the Saints picked him up before the 2010 season. That year he hurt his knee (MCL), suffered a concussion, a separated shoulder and a hamstring strain before a Lisfranc injury capped his season. Only three of the injuries (knee, hamstring, foot) cost him playing time -- he managed to play in 11 straight games (12 total).

A sports hernia in August of 2011 forced him to begin that year on the PUP list. He was activated in Week 9 but was out for Weeks 10-14 with a hamstring injury. Ivory played in six games in 2011 with a high of four consecutive games.

During OTAs in the spring of 2012 he hurt his hamstring and was a "healthy scratch" until November. He played five straight games before his hamstrings cost him three more games.

Ivory already cost himself 17 days of camp this summer with a hamstring problem.
He actually only missed a game last year but dealt with a lingering hamstring injury from weeks 4-7 and also had some knee/ankle issues towards the end of the season.
What I recall most about Ivory was his ability to get injured when not even playing in a live game.

So what's the deal with none of the teams playing very many starters? Is everyone "Belichek"ing the entire preseason instead of just the last one because they are afraid of injuries?
It's always this way. 1st game starters rarely play past a few series. 2nd game they'll go a quarter, maybe to halftime. 3rd game they might go through 3rd quarter. 4th game they don't play at all.

@BR_NFL: 49ers QB Blaine Gabbert picked up where he left off in Jacksonville. He’s 3 for 11 with a 1.7 QB rating in the first half.

Gonna be a lot more calling for 18 games the way thing are going so far this year.

@BR_NFL: 49ers QB Blaine Gabbert picked up where he left off in Jacksonville. He’s 3 for 11 with a 1.7 QB rating in the first half.
He completed his first pass and the announcer went with "And you can see how he stood in there against the blitz."

Next pass he threw high to a double covered receiver and nearly got him killed.

Seemed like old times.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are putting on a clinic on how you want that mobile QB - penalty after penalty being called on the Broncos because Wilson can keep a play alive with his legs - no way with the rules being what they are - where the refs emphasize the contact (ironically the Seahawk D rule in essence) by the D in hand fights- can't you stop these offenses anymore. Sadly in fantasy you don't get points for a 5 yard illegal contact call -and this NFL is getting harder to watch IMO

:eek: again, wow. Hard to tell if the Boys D is really this bad, or if there might be something here. Low center of gravity "violent" runner, definitely bulkier than Mathews/Brown/Woodhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
there has been a flag on nearly every play in this Bronco v Seahawks game - these rules and refs are ruining the league

Users who are viewing this thread