What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Proof Positive they are killing this game. Horrible call. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyz1

Footballguy
How many times have you all seen players going down and the ball comes out the moment he hits the ground. The players scramble for the ball and 100% of the time the call is "Players was down by contact". They missed that call horribly by over thinking it. It was as simple as:

Did he catch it, yes,

Did he have two feet down and in bounds Yes

Did he make a football move, yes he switch the ball to his left hand AND stretched it out in an attempt to score

Was any part of his body down, yes his forearm. At that moment the play is over. Down by contact.

A horrible interpretation of the rule that made a great football play on a big stage, a folly of a call.

I see that play in every game. Running back gets tackled and the moment he hits the ground the ball comes out causing a mad scramble. In the end, Down by contact.

Sadly, Iike I said before, players play too hard and put their bodies through to much to have a call like that go against them. It didn't determine the game but if that isn't a catch in any game of football at any level, I don't know what is. They are killing this game. That was one of the great plays in playoff football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread