What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Protests Over SCOTUS Decision To Overturn Roe v. Wade Thread (1 Viewer)

Not really a carbon copy.  Pretty far from it.  Then again, I haven’t been paying as close of attention as some others.  It’s possible that Biden called on these protestors to storm the AZ Capitol building.  It’s also possible that people were carrying weapons.  And that windows to the Capitol building were broken and protestors took control of the building.  I don’t really pay attention to the media, particularly “real time.”  So if all that stuff happened here, my bad.

All that said, protestors who behave violently or break the law should be arrested.  Plain and simple.

Is there an exchange of power set to occur for the highest office in the land?  

Was RvW actually NOT overturned and the protesters are believing a "big lie"? 

The comparisons to 1/6 are completely ignorant.  

It wasn't a hostage situation.  :lol:

Laughing about the threat of violence or the potential for mob/mass violence against American citizens is not "Being Excellent To Each Other"

Something you refuse to consider is that FBG has both forum users and non forum users, subscribers and non subscribers and that ranges across this country and likely all over the world- Have you considered that someone in this community might have had friends or family or coworkers or loved ones there in that building?

I'm going to do this in the open, I'm going to "ping" @FBG Moderator at this point.

Your behavior, both short and long term in this community, is a problem, squistion. You have no respect for this community.

There has been an ugly amount of actual politically motivated violence , threat of violence, intimidation, hate crimes, rioting, looting, burning, chaos and bloodshed in the past three years in this country. Laughing about it is just repugnant. It's not just toxic behavior operating in bad faith, it shows you have no regard for any sense of basic community values here in these forums.

Your free speech is yours. I'm probably the biggest proponent of the actual principles of free speech in these forums. However you lace yours with open malice.

"Free Speech" is not a blank check for your malignant behavior.

Not really a carbon copy.  Pretty far from it.  Then again, I haven’t been paying as close of attention as some others.  It’s possible that Biden called on these protestors to storm the AZ Capitol building.  It’s also possible that people were carrying weapons.  And that windows to the Capitol building were broken and protestors took control of the building.  I don’t really pay attention to the media, particularly “real time.”  So if all that stuff happened here, my bad.

All that said, protestors who behave violently or break the law should be arrested.  Plain and simple.
Look man, aside from those details, it's a carbon copy. 

👍

Laughing about the threat of violence or the potential for mob/mass violence against American citizens is not "Being Excellent To Each Other"

Something you refuse to consider is that FBG has both forum users and non forum users, subscribers and non subscribers and that ranges across this country and likely all over the world- Have you considered that someone in this community might have had friends or family or coworkers or loved ones there in that building?

I'm going to do this in the open, I'm going to "ping" @FBG Moderator at this point.

Your behavior, both short and long term in this community, is a problem, squistion. You have no respect for this community.

There has been an ugly amount of actual politically motivated violence , threat of violence, intimidation, hate crimes, rioting, looting, burning, chaos and bloodshed in the past three years in this country. Laughing about it is just repugnant. It's not just toxic behavior operating in bad faith, it shows you have no regard for any sense of basic community values here in these forums.

Your free speech is yours. I'm probably the biggest proponent of the actual principles of free speech in these forums. However you lace yours with open malice.

Not defending squis here....but to be fair, the quote he responded to made a joke and used the laughing emoji as well.  

Is there an exchange of power set to occur for the highest office in the land?  

Was RvW actually NOT overturned and the protesters are believing a "big lie"? 

The comparisons to 1/6 are completely ignorant.  
Look man, aside from these other details, it's pretty much a carbon copy. 

I respect your decision to track down abusers of the laugh emoji.

Godspeed.

You're gonna need it. 

If it comes out that any violent riots were coordinated or supported by anyone at any level of government, you are damn right I would want that investigated.
Me too. 

If Antifa shows up, packing their fat butts into camouflage, and breaches a government building, please prosecute. 

Spare us the outrage. You’re the same dude who started a thread the other week suggesting it was OK to drive your car into protestors. Guess what? It happened:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/minnesota/news/truck-drives-through-abortion-rights-protesters-in-iowa/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are theses protests being organized by Joe, Hunter, Nancy, some MSNBC personnel and other people appointed to the highest positions of power in the country all located in front of the residences of the SCOTUS members who voted to overturn Roe?  Are they too telling them that they need to fight like hell to get their rights back? 

Providence cop running for RI state Senate heads out to a protest while off duty, and decided to firebomb his career by punching his Democratic opponent in the Senate race. 😲

https://twitter.com/JenRourke29/status/1540702320907935744?t=mum1QCC4E4rGapUI0fr7aQ&s=19 

There is a longer video out there, I saw it, but cannot find it, where some guy is being asked to leave, gets punched out of the blue by some other guy. When Ms. Rourke attempts to break up the skirmish, this clown punches her twice.  

If I read her tweets correctly the only injury was a woman getting her foot run over. That seems a lot more like what would happen with a bunch of people surrounding a truck and then the truck pulling away then it does the way she describes what happened 

She says protesters were done protesting and they were going back to their cars. Walking in the crosswalk only and the light was red for the truck. She claims the truck then swerved around the car in front of it for no reason and then drove into the protesters in the crosswalk. 

Video conveniently is only available after the incident showing the car surrounded by protesters, but only because they surrounded it after it drove into them. 

Something you refuse to consider is that FBG has both forum users and non forum users, subscribers and non subscribers and that ranges across this country and likely all over the world- Have you considered that someone in this community might have had friends or family or coworkers or loved ones there in that building?

I'm going to do this in the open, I'm going to "ping" @FBG Moderator at this point.

There has been an ugly amount of actual politically motivated violence , threat of violence, intimidation, hate crimes, rioting, looting, burning, chaos and bloodshed in the past three years in this country. Laughing about it is just repugnant. It's not just toxic behavior operating in bad faith, it shows you have no regard for any sense of basic community values here in these forums.

:no:   SMH

I was laughing at the absurdity of calling this a "hostage situation" when it was nothing close to that.  

:no:   SMH

I was laughing at the absurdity of calling this a "hostage situation" when it was nothing close to that.  
Feels like your trying to play down these riots or trying to walk back on your comments in another topic that no violence would come from this decision, that it would be like the 2017 women’s protests.  This situation could very easily become as toxic as the 1/6 event, and your not laughing about that nor should you about the potential level of violence here Plain and simple your laughing emoji was in poor taste.

Feels like your trying to play down these riots or trying to walk back on your comments in another topic that no violence would come from this decision, that it would be like the 2017 women’s protests.  This situation could very easily become as toxic as the 1/6 event, and your not laughing about that nor should you about the potential level of violence here Plain and simple your laughing emoji was in poor taste.
Have the kidnappers made any demands in order to secure the release of the hostages? 

It feels like a bad dream.  Now we have a breaking story that an off duty RI police officer attack a state political candidate at a pro-abortion rally.  It’s going to get worst.
Yeah, I think that the guy that assaulted the woman was pro-life and was a member of the GOP. Hardly fits your narrative.  

This wasn't ok in summer of 2020, it wasn't ok Jan 6 and it's not OK now.
But it was OK during the summer of 2020. Cities burned and leadership on the left was posting bail for the domestic terrorists that got themselves arrested. 

The leadership on the left today are fanning the flames and inciting violence. 

It feels like a bad dream.  Now we have a breaking story that an off duty RI police officer attack a state political candidate at a pro-abortion rally.  It’s going to get worst.
It might be "new" that this was a police officer, but it's NOT new (and has been going on for literally decades) that people camp out outside of abortion clinics to harass the staff and clients coming and going.  I can count on one hand how many threads and discussions we've had on this board about incidents like that over that time.

If I read her tweets correctly the only injury was a woman getting her foot run over. That seems a lot more like what would happen with a bunch of people surrounding a truck and then the truck pulling away then it does the way she describes what happened 

She says protesters were done protesting and they were going back to their cars. Walking in the crosswalk only and the light was red for the truck. She claims the truck then swerved around the car in front of it for no reason and then drove into the protesters in the crosswalk. 

Video conveniently is only available after the incident showing the car surrounded by protesters, but only because they surrounded it after it drove into them. 
Dude- why are you defending this? 

So sick of people looking to defend this crap. Violent pro-choice people, violent pro-life people- why not just condemn them all? Why when it’s “your side” do you have to look for reasons that it’s not as bad as it looks? 

But it was OK during the summer of 2020. Cities burned and leadership on the left was posting bail for the domestic terrorists that got themselves arrested. 

The leadership on the left today are fanning the flames and inciting violence. 
If you're going to judge "correctness" based on political figure action in this country you're going to be disappointed every single time.  I would NOT recommend this approach.  I haven't even turned on my TV today so I'm not sure what the last sentence is in reference to, but if true they are no better than the individuals doing the same around election fraud and 1/6 and those attempting to go to SC justices houses with bad intentions.  They should all be thrown on an island and let them torture each other to death with their whining.

There has always been a threat of violence nearby abortion protests…

No reason this time will be different.. 

We can hope for peaceful protests though, and to compare what’s happened so far on our current live timeline… comparing that to J6 is an insult to democracy.

It could get worse.

To root for violence, as it seems our right wing friends are doing… is gross.

If it comes out that any violent riots were coordinated or supported by anyone at any level of government, you are damn right I would want that investigated.
Not hard to find democratic leaders calling for violence.... not the first time... not the last.

I get what he's saying. He's saying that seems like the right wants the left to commit actions that can be portrayed as equivalent to January 6th so that the right can whatabout the whole Jan. 6th debacle. 
I don’t believe any reasonable person on the right wants to see this happen-  but they certainly take advantage of it when and if it happens. Just as there are plenty on the left who take advantage when a pro-life person commits violence. Both sides want to believe the worst of each other, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. 

But to suggest that anyone is rooting for violence is a bridge too far IMO. 

Sorry, they aren't riots, at least not yet. 

I get what he's saying. He's saying that seems like the right wants the left to commit actions that can be portrayed as equivalent to January 6th so that the right can whatabout the whole Jan. 6th debacle. 
Well duh, that's what projectionist cowards do.

too quick.. you didn't even try.
I don’t have to try. 

It’s almost impossible to find any political leaders on the right or the left who explicitly call for violence. Some unwisely use phrases that could be interpreted that way (see Donald Trump and Chuck Schumer) but it’s almost never intentional IMO. Some, like Maxine Waters and again Trump, will defend acts of violence after they’ve occurred, which is reprehensible enough. But calling for violence? I can’t think of a major American political figure who has done this, ever, at least in modern history. 

Users who are viewing this thread