What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Andy Dalton, CAR (1 Viewer)

This guy is terrible. I don't know how AJ Green has done it until now, props to Cleveland D too. But at home!!?? I've said this for years too: Marvin Lewis is not the answer, then, now or for the future. They've literally wasted years with this guy ala Rex Ryan. Dumb in Cincy.
It's not like AJ hasn't been awful tonight himself.

Daffy Duck throwing Dalton strikes again. You would think that it was the wind, how far off his passes were except Hoyer is throwing perfect strikes tonight in the same conditions. Dalton has thrown out of bounds not even close to his open WRs, Sanu missed for an easy TD and many more times like 5 feet over their heads in the middle of the field. He should also have at least one more Int tonight too to make it 4. He's so bad he can't even compile garbage time stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is terrible. I don't know how AJ Green has done it until now, props to Cleveland D too. But at home!!?? I've said this for years too: Marvin Lewis is not the answer, then, now or for the future. They've literally wasted years with this guy ala Rex Ryan. Dumb in Cincy.
Im totally biased, but I only saw 1 or 2 passes that Green legitimately should have caught, the rest were terribly thrown by Dalton.

@ChrisWesseling: Dalton in nationally televised games, updated through halftime: 55.7% comp, 5.69 YPA, 8:12 TD-to-INT ratio. #Bengals are 2-8.

Dalton is a franchise killer in Cincy. Won't ever beat the top teams in January but wins just enough with D/talent around him to keep Cincy away from top 10-15 picks where Bengals could grab his replacement.

@ChrisWesseling: Dalton in nationally televised games, updated through halftime: 55.7% comp, 5.69 YPA, 8:12 TD-to-INT ratio. #Bengals are 2-8.

A lot of red heads get called `The Ginger Ninja` around my way. Dalton is the websters defention of this, `Lights go on and he dissapears.`

Dalton is a franchise killer in Cincy. Won't ever beat the top teams in January but wins just enough with D/talent around him to keep Cincy away from top 10-15 picks where Bengals could grab his replacement.
yeah very good point. Romo is like this at times. I thank God we have romo and not Dalton though.

Rotoworld:

Andy Dalton was disastrously bad in the Bengals' 24-3, Week 10 loss to the Browns, completing just 10-of-33 passes for 86 yards, zero touchdowns and three interceptions.

Dalton was benched with five minutes left in the game. Jason Campbell came on to play a series. It may not have been a true benching for the Bengals' fourth-year starter, but it deserved to be. Dalton didn't look like he belonged on an NFL field, sailing passes with absolutely zero touch, and failing time and again to get the ball to playmakers A.J. Green and Mohamed Sanu. Dalton was lucky to escape with only three picks, and committed a comical illegal forward pass penalty. Dalton was a solid 2-3 yards in front of the line of scrimmage before throwing out of bounds. At one point in the fourth quarter, Joe Haden jumped a route, but couldn't pick the pass off because it was too inaccurate. With only eight touchdowns through nine starts, Dalton will try to rebound against the Saints in Week 11.

Nov 6 - 11:42 PM

yeah very good point. Romo is like this at times. I thank God we have romo and not Dalton though.
oh jeez, lol at comparing romo to dalton. romo is a very good qb. dalton is like a step above sanchez.

To me the stats "he's the 2nd best qb ever in his first 3 years blah, blah, blah". Guy folds up when the pressure is on but will light up the oaks, jax and other bottom teams. He's the worst kind of qb to have because he looks ok to very good for stretches so the numbers and wins look decent but when it's Showtime and you need HIM to make plays he fails to epic levels.

It's a shame too because Cincy had a shot here with their talent but the window is closing quick.

Josh Freeman comes to mind as the only QB performance ive seen that rivals this.
Nothing rivals the Thursday nite game where Ponder started against Green Bay......my opponent started GB DST and I was hoping that each play call would be a kneel down to avoid the inevitable sack or interception.

Dalton was pretty close....my opponent started him this time sweet revenge

To me the stats "he's the 2nd best qb ever in his first 3 years blah, blah, blah". Guy folds up when the pressure is on but will light up the oaks, jax and other bottom teams. He's the worst kind of qb to have because he looks ok to very good for stretches so the numbers and wins look decent but when it's Showtime and you need HIM to make plays he fails to epic levels.

It's a shame too because Cincy had a shot here with their talent but the window is closing quick.
Why not AJ McCarron?..... At least we can get good shots of Katherine Webb, possibly scoffing down a Hardy's Thick Burger in a bikini!

Im totally biased, but I only saw 1 or 2 passes that Green legitimately should have caught, the rest were terribly thrown by Dalton.
Also a biased party but I think a lot of people would agree, Dalton didn't throw hardly any catchable balls to Green. It was all on the QB last night, not Green.

Weak arm really showed in the wind last night. Watching Hoyer drive the ball vs watching Daltons passes flutter all over was a bit eye opening.

The only saving grace for the Bengals is that I believe Dalton's contract was front-loaded with all of the guaranteed money being paid in the first year. The Bengals can dump him without much penalty.

My guess is that Dalton will be a backup on another team in a year or two.

What do you pay this guy if you are in charge? If the Bengals do not make further ground this season how do you devote 100+ million to him?
I would love it if they did. He is the reason they are stuck in purgatory. Team is great, but Dalton is a bottom third qb. At least Eli and Flacco have hot streaks. The best Dalton has is lighting up inferior competition. He is at his worst in big spots,
:goodposting:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :scared:

You'll have to pardon me today, I don't know how to handle success as a fan.

This may have been the worst QB performance in NFL history.
Worst I've ever seen. I've seen guys play poorly, especially when under pressure. He did incredibly bad and stupid things from the sanctity of mostly clean pockets! I watched in disbelief.

The coaching staff should have focused on the run once it was obvious that Dalton was off his meds. They ran twice as many pass plays as run plays and that is criminal.

All in all, a day which should get some people, including Dalton, fired from their jobs.

oh jeez, lol at comparing romo to dalton. romo is a very good qb. dalton is like a step above five steps below sanchez.
Fixed. Glad to help.

Dalton sucks. When you make Brian Hoyer look like Tom Brady in comparison, you suck. How does Dalton continually hold the team back and keep his job is my question. He's terrible, should have never been more than a backup.

His QB rating was 2. There have been 0's before
Literally the only criterion that kept him from a perfect zero was his INT ratio. He threw 3 in 33 attempts, for a 9.1% rate, and a 0.0 rating requires a 9.5% rate or worse.

Bear in mind that the Browns dropped at least two sure INTs, including one where Dalton hit Gipson right between the numbers. Nor does the rating system deduct additional points for completely uncatchable balls - of which Andy threw at least 15.

If anything, I'd say assigning a 2 rating to last night's performance underestimates how awful it was.

His QB rating was 2. There have been 0's before
Literally the only criterion that kept him from a perfect zero was his INT ratio. He threw 3 in 33 attempts, for a 9.1% rate, and a 0.0 rating requires a 9.5% rate or worse.

Bear in mind that the Browns dropped at least two sure INTs, including one where Dalton hit Gipson right between the numbers. Nor does the rating system deduct additional points for completely uncatchable balls - of which Andy threw at least 15.

If anything, I'd say assigning a 2 rating to last night's performance underestimates how awful it was.
:goodposting:

I hope the trainers and medical staff check him out closely, I think he must have suffered a mini-stroke out on the field...Poor vision, loss of balance, confusion...He had all the classic symptoms.

yes it ranks up their, sort of reminded me of Philip Rivers last week. An owner in our big money league played Dalton -2 and sanu 4, ended up get 2 points from those two. Brutal as I know how that feels as I had Rivers,KB last week which produced a whopping 1 point together. Ended up Trading Rivers,Bush,Fitz for Big Ben, Dmac, Boldin. I feel really good right now and I need to closeout with 4 good games. Feel really good about the trade and Im super giddy. 80 yards and 3 ints and looking super inept though for sure this is top 10 worst games ever.

Dalton sucks. When you make Brian Hoyer look like Tom Brady in comparison, you suck. How does Dalton continually hold the team back and keep his job is my question. He's terrible, should have never been more than a backup.
Holding back AJGREEN for years, We have been screaming this for a while, funny my old thread comes back a year later. This will get recycled for a while until Cinci drafts or trades or grabs one via fa a real quarterback. I can't count on all my fingers and toes how many underthrown balls AJG has gotten over the past three years that would have decided games or broke open games that ended up being INTs or incomplete passes. Pretty pathetic that he still has a job, just shows the ineptitude of a Marvin Lewis. Classic Modern day Wayne Fonts. GOOD head coach but will NEVER win a SUPERBOWL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry cinci fans Im sure their are a lot of butt hurt bengals right now because 4 weeks ago they looked like the best team in the NFL. Gio returning should only help offense as he was sorely missed. :violin: :blush: :deadhorse:

As bad as Dalton was last night, that Pepsi commercial of his is worse. Somebody take this guy out behind the barn.

This morning I kissed my wife and told her how much I loved her and that I thank my lucky stars I only own Dalton in one league.

I really feel like this deserves to be cross-posted from the TNF thread: Andy Dalton's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Thursday Night

In that plane crash of a montage I count the following:

* 3 actual INTs

* 2 outright drops by Browns defenders, which would have been INTs #4 and 5 about 90% of the time

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]* 4 outright drops by Bengals receivers[/SIZE]

* 2 passes that never even made it to the LoS before bouncing off of Browns linemen

* 2 passes that maybe, mighta, coulda been caught if the WR hadn't been grabbed, or was a couple inches taller, or hadn't quit on his route

Literally every single pass not on the above list (and a few that are, of course) was completely uncatchable by just about any definition. Including the one that the ol' ginger chucked from FOUR YARDS beyond the line of scrimmage :lmao:

This was worse than Josh Freeman against the Giants on MNF. Worse than Brandon Weeden on opening day 2012. I still think the 2012 Cards-Jets game (a.k.a. [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Lindley / Sanchez / McElroy ####show)[/SIZE] is probably the worst display of quarterbacking I've ever seen in an NFL game. But we have a new strong contender for the medal stand.

I've watched every game of Daltons in the past two years. I don't know what happened last night. I think he just cracked.

Last year Dalton was very good, 90% of the time.

The fans hadn't given up on him. But last week I noticed the boo birds coming out and only Hills long TE run saved the Bengals.

I wondered if his confidence was starting to erode.

At this point I think it's gone. He's just not the same guy anymore. He has always had arm strength problems, but now he's got major confidence problems. I don't know where he goes from here.

He needs to man up quick.

the one thing i give him a break for is the past the line of scrimmage throw.... i think he may have seen the original line of scrimmage marker on the sideline he was running towards and thought it was the current line of scrimmage... that play was a 3rd and 14 so obviously the original line of scrimmage was 4 yards further downfield than from where the ball was snapped.... if you watch the replay he throws the pass right before passing that original LOS marker... so i think he just got confused on that one....

Without a lot athletic ability to run, inaccuracy will put you in the unemployment line pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread