What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB C.J. Stroud, HOU (1 Viewer)

In one league im outa contention so im looking forward to next season , being in a 2 player keeper league im keeping Breece Hall as my 5th rd pick and traded for Stroud as my 8th rd keeper. I havent really been paying attention to him as he wasnt on my team . What are your thoughts on him as a starting fantasy QB next season? Ya or Nay?

Thank you in advance for any input .

In one league im outa contention so im looking forward to next season , being in a 2 player keeper league im keeping Breece Hall as my 5th rd pick and traded for Stroud as my 8th rd keeper. I havent really been paying attention to him as he wasnt on my team . What are your thoughts on him as a starting fantasy QB next season? Ya or Nay?

Have you read through the thread?

Yes, some of it. Its mostly positive with some doubters . I traded for him to be a keeper . I figured guys in this thread have spent a lot of time watching him and i guess im just curious if they are going to target him a starter on their fantasy teams next season .

He’s been historically good as a rookie and looks better every week despite a few mistakes here and there. I snagged him early when Arichardson went down and plan to have him be one of my two keepers for next year. I do really see a Mahomes like trajectory for him if Houston can keep adding some offensive upgrades around him.

Yes, some of it. Its mostly positive with some doubters . I traded for him to be a keeper . I figured guys in this thread have spent a lot of time watching him and i guess im just curious if they are going to target him a starter on their fantasy teams next season .

I'd suggest doing research and following a player before making trades in keeper leagues but maybe that's just me. But to answer your question, he's pretty good.

I’m going to skip the snark. Stroud looks like a top 5 or 6 QB.

I'd suggest doing research and following a player before making trades in keeper leagues but maybe that's just me. But to answer your question, he's pretty good.
I was actually getting ready to hang up my cheat sheets and call it a day after 25 years of playing, but then i came to my senses and just dove in the trading pool for next season. Someone offered him to me for D.Henry , i jumped at it based on the chatter about Stroud, i guess im just asking the sharks to reaffirm .

Not sure why anyone(32 NFL Teams) would take anybody at QB ahead of Stroud this year
You cannot convince me anyone is further along in their development right now than he is.
He might not ever be a Top 5 QB in the NFL but I doubt he is bottom of the barrel.
Most of the other names are scary including an undersized QB listed at less than 200 lbs, a guy that didn't win any big games at Kentucky and a project from Florida.
@Bri

-I'm just showing you this isn't coming out of the blue for me.
-I think Tepper is a major problem for the long term success of the Panthers.
You're entitled to feel differently, I understand
:banned:

Reactions: Bri

I was actually getting ready to hang up my cheat sheets and call it a day after 25 years of playing, but then i came to my senses and just dove in the trading pool for next season. Someone offered him to me for D.Henry , i jumped at it based on the chatter about Stroud, i guess im just asking the sharks to reaffirm .

All good buddy. At first I thought your post was some sort of troll given all the media coverage CJ has garnered so I answered it as such. For a rookie to be mentioned in the MVP conversation, I'd say you landed one of the best QB prospects since Manning or Mahomes. He really is a joy to watch.

@ZADO

Stroud should be a Tier 1 (Hurts, Mahomes, Allen) QB the next 5 years, with potential of being the #1 overall QB multiple years.

I snagged Stroud and Dell early in the season off of waivers but our stupid league doesn't allow us to keep waiver adds, otherwise I'd be stacked for the next 5 years.
How were these two not drafted in a keeper league is mind blowing especially if you can’t keep off waivers. I assume they were drafted and dropped early season.

well if you are doing a rebuild I think Stroud is a nice base to build off of. Hes young and seems to have a good sense for the game. You certainly could have done worse.

Thanks to that performance, Stroud is now atop the NFL in passing yards with 3,540 passing yards on the season, making him the first rookie to lead the NFL in passing yards at the end of any week since at least 1950. The last rookie to lead the league in passing yards for an entire season was Davey O'Brien, the fourth overall pick in the 1939 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. O'Brien, like Stroud, has ties to Texas since he won both a college football national championship and a Heisman Trophy at TCU before leading the NFL in passing yards as a rookie.

So yeah Dale, he’s pretty good…who is this guy?

I had to drop him today. Didn't want to, but all my WR's are hurt (Keenan, Nico, & DJ Moore) Hoping Moore plays, but I still need another guy and it's the playoffs so can't go with any empty roster spot. My bench is stacked and yes CJ was literally the best choice to drop. I have Josh Allen so that paired with CJ's concussion, and the fact that Texans are without Tank Dell and probably Nico Collins, I never would've played CJ anyways

Texans HC DeMeco Ryans said Monday that QB C.J. Stroud remains in the concussion protocol and
the team will “see how he progresses throughout the week.”
The fact that Stroud has yet to practice likely indicates he has continued headaches as the first step is passed once headaches subside. That doesn’t sound like the best news regarding Stroud’s chances of returning for Week 16. Stroud will be allowed to return to a limited session on the side once the headaches have cleared, before getting in a full practice and clearing an independent cognitive exam.

He’s so good. There are always things around a QB to give them the launching pad ( in this instance a good OC ), there are some QBs that are that good they can overcome crap around them and there are some that were no doubt good whose careers got killed by being drafted into a terrible ball club. Stroud is just so accurate and composed though, he would be one that would probably overcome, but give him just average everything and he looks like a million bucks.

S2 test stopped dead in its tracks. Prototype size, composure/accuracy and the ability to at least move with your when needed = winner. Dont fall for well constructed and packaged narratives ie Bryce. I remember in the Lions thread mid season last year when I asked about Stroud it was we either get the chance to take Bryce or no one at all. What chance do we have when NFL teams don’t get it right half the time

I'm a big fan, having married into an OSU family in 1997. I just wish he was in a different division than the Colts. I'm all in on him during the playoffs however.

Users who are viewing this thread