What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jayden Daniels, WAS (4 Viewers)

Said it before, he and Harrison are the best two players in college Football..
Right up there for sure. It’s really hard to fairly judge these guys when tOSU and LSU have probably 4 of the top 6-8 receivers in college. And very good coaches.

Good choice. LSU’s losses were all to great teams and not his fault. Dude will be right up there with Caleb and Drake come April.

Only way Bucs get him is to trade up. He won't last to the tenth pick.
Giants would grab him at 5 or 6,wherever they finish.

What’s the situation with the Giants and Jones contract. As a Broncos fan, I’m very familiar with being basically stuck in a bad QB contract. Can the Giants reasonably get away from their contract after just signing him to the big deal in the offseason?

What’s the situation with the Giants and Jones contract. As a Broncos fan, I’m very familiar with being basically stuck in a bad QB contract. Can the Giants reasonably get away from their contract after just signing him to the big deal in the offseason?
Jones is guaranteed 35.5 million next year,so the Giants are on the hook next year.
In 2025 the guarantee is 30 million IF he is on the roster on the fifth day of the league year. Then another 11 million if he reaches certain incentives.
In 2026 the guarantee is 46.5 million,again IF he is on the roster.
So The Giants are commited to him next year but after that could cut him loose and money is freed up.
The chatter is if one of those top 3 qb's is available to them they would draft him,sit him a year behind Jones then unless Jones turns into a hall of fame qb,let him go and
have the next best thing in tow

I don't know how we know any of these things yet. I think Williams/Maye will be #1 and #2. MHJr. #3. After that? Who knows? Daniels could show up really skinny at the combine and give teams the Bryce Young willies. There are also several other QBs who could be entering this draft (Penix, Nix, McCarthy) with skillsets teams may value more than Daniels, OR they could think they can wait until the 2nd round on QB because of the depth.

That being said Heisman winning QBs have been highly coveted in the draft recently.

I don't know how we know any of these things yet. I think Williams/Maye will be #1 and #2. MHJr. #3. After that? Who knows? Daniels could show up really skinny at the combine and give teams the Bryce Young willies. There are also several other QBs who could be entering this draft (Penix, Nix, McCarthy) with skillsets teams may value more than Daniels, OR they could think they can wait until the 2nd round on QB because of the depth.

That being said Heisman winning QBs have been highly coveted in the draft recently.
Even in SuperFlex I would take MHjr over the 2 QBs. Also, has Jayden Daniels passed Drake Maye?

Even in SuperFlex I would take MHjr over the 2 QBs. Also, has Jayden Daniels passed Drake Maye?
The shine has worn off Caleb for sure. I think teams will definitely be high on Maye. You may be right that he could end up going #1. He is prototypical.

Albert Breer
Heisman Trophy winner Jayden Daniels announces he’ll skip LSU’s bowl game—the Reliaquest Bowl—in preparation for the 2024 NFL Draft. The likely first-round pick has started 55 games as a collegian, so, yeah, the pros have plenty to look at.

Fran Duffy
One of my favorite Jayden Daniels stats ... if you remove all screens / RPOs, he had an 83.0% Adjusted Completion Rate on 3rd Down this year.

That's better than any QB drafted in the @PFF_College era in their last season

Pair that with rushing for 1100 yds this year! Whew.

Why the sudden monster jump in performance his (super) senior season?
probably just synergy with Nabers and the development of Brian Thomas.
Funny to think Daniels has also been the leading rusher in 22 and 23.

The shine has worn off Caleb for sure. I think teams will definitely be high on Maye. You may be right that he could end up going #1. He is prototypical.
Probably won’t happen but with the #2 pick in SF I’m hoping Caleb or Maye continue to have more hype.

Just watched Daniels highlights. My scouting for NE at pick #3 begins.

Haven't watched him at all. All I'm seeing is a) he's great with the deep ball, b) can absolutely fly, and c) Looks a little smallish??

Would be curious to know how this kid does with the short and intermediate stuff. It aint going to be bombs away in the NFL every play.

Looks like a better Kyler Murray to me.

Haven't watched him at all. All I'm seeing is a) he's great with the deep ball, b) can absolutely fly, and c) Looks a little smallish??

Would be curious to know how this kid does with the short and intermediate stuff. It aint going to be bombs away in the NFL every play.

He’s probably the third best QB for FF but if I’m a GM I slightly prefer Penix.

He’s probably the third best QB for FF but if I’m a GM I slightly prefer Penix.
Did not like what I saw from Penix last night. Daniels such a smooth thrower of the ball.

Jerry Thornton
I’ll keep watching Jayden Daniels videos until someone convinces me he’s not the smart pick at No. 3

NFL on CBS
Matt Ryan on LSU QB Jayden Daniels' 2024 draft stock:

"He might be the most intriguing prospect in this draft"

ryan wilson
"Caleb and Drake have special traits ... but they haven't shown as much growth as Jayden Daniels."

Great insights from Director of the @ShrineBowl @EricGalko on the @NFLDraftCBS pod about this QB draft class.

I am surprised more people aren't discounting his 5th year numbers, after 4 years of nothing special.
Well it was an amazing improvement to have almost 1000 more passing yards in 2 less games and double the TDs in his 2nd season with LSU.

His QB rating was good prior to this but then pretty much broke the metric last season.

In his previous seasons he had QB rating similar to what Drake Maye had last season.

And this guy runs the ball.

I'm trying to figure our why these other 2 QBs are consistently considered better than Daniel's? They aren't really on paper.

Users who are viewing this thread