What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Raiders vs Bengals - Wild Card (-6, o/u 48.5) (1 Viewer)

You have to challenge the end zone. 3 bad plays down there at the end 
And every week I see teams with little time left and needing a TD to tie the game and they just go 5-6 yds a clip down the field burning the clock and then they set up at maybe the 6-7-8 yd line so they can get 1 shot into the end zone, suddenly these $100M arms can't throw the ball form the 20-30-40 into the end zone and take a shot or two along the way. 

This Guy knew how to challenge the end zone

We said these Kickers were good. From Elias Sports:

With a combined eight field goals and three extra points, Daniel Carlson and Evan McPherson have tied the NFL record for most points on kicks in a single playoff game in the history of the NFL. They tie the 1997 Vikings-Giants Wild Card Game with 27 total points on kicks.

Proud of the effort that the Raiders put in this year, especially closing it out so well and putting up a fight right down to the wire against a very talented team. I think we’re just a few players (and a much more "normal" season) away from a deeper run. 

I was really optimistic. The game was there for the taking but it was not meant to be. Some inexplicable play calling at the end of the game. Considering how this season played out, I’d say this was as successful as anyone could have hoped for.

As for the future, I don’t think they are too far off. Carr is no superstar but they can win with him if they give him a better supporting cast. Add a WR and OT and a new offensive coordinator and we are back in the playoffs with a better chance next season.

Minor point maybe but shouldn't have spiked the ball on first down. It's first and goal with plenty of time to run 4 plays. 

Not minor at all, major.  Giving away another chance to go to the next round of the PLAYOFFS?  Vs a a depleted and gassed D that you'd been picking apart?  I don't know who made that decision but it was horrible.

And no, the argument of it not mattering due to the INT isn't a valid one.  He's not forced to make that throw with another down in his back pocket.

Blew my mind the second they did it.  I thought for sure they were faking it. 

I actually blame the coach more than Carr, it's his job to know better (ff the QB doesn't).  Although Carr's been around long enough to know regardless.  I mean, right there is a chance to move on, gone for good because of lack of forethought. 

Amazing to me, stuff like that, after ALL it takes to get to that point in a season or career.

If a referee blew the whistle, yes, but does anyone know for sure that it was a ref and not a fan?

Yeah, they said as much at the half, the league confirmed it or whatever.

New rule coming, YAY!  So we got the Tuck Rule, the Complete the Catch, the Football Move, the Whistle Whoops, what else?

Yeah, they said as much at the half, the league confirmed it or whatever.

New rule coming, YAY!  So we got the Tuck Rule, the Complete the Catch, the Football Move, the Whistle Whoops, what else?
I did not hear if it was confirmed that a ref blew the whistle

How can the Raiders not bring back Bisaccia? I think he did a phenominal job. It would be a complete joke if they fired him.
Agreed. As a Broncos fan, my hope is always to see the Raiders fail haha, but that guy did a great job with the team all things considered. They'd be foolish to not retain him as the full time head coach. 

that last play would have been great if they used the Mariota package ,but instead of running like he always does he throws the ball to someone in the endzone

Users who are viewing this thread