What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank these (likely) FA WRs (1 Viewer)

goldenchild

Footballguy
Ben Obomanu

Blair White

Derek Hagan

Duke Calhoun

Jordan Shipley

I just grabbed a few names from the latest upgrades list and they all happen to be available in my 12-teamer.

The way that I have it listed would how I would rank them... especially short term.

If BMW misses any time, I think Obomanu would be a really nice fill-in (@ home this week vs. KC).

For the longer term, I think it's a toss up b/w White and Hagan (assuming Collie is out for some time). Hagan gets Jax this week, but White gets SD which should be a shootout?

Who are you guys going for?

I am looking at trying to get Blair White. He certainly isn't going to replace Nicks by any stretch but he is the best option out there in my 12 team league and he could be a decent fill in for a 3 week period if Collie is out during that same period of time. The rest don't excite me. I would rather just pull Johnny Knox off my bench and use him instead.

I'm gonna say Obamanu out of that group. Hagan did more bad than good and White is really likely to simply get lost in that offense. Seattle has been looking for a reliable WR2 all season.

Burleson is still available in the league I'm in that I own Nicks, I'm thinking he may not be a bad option but he may have been scooped up in a lot of league, my league isn't a ppr but 25 receptions over the last 4 games is better than solid. Right now I'd probably rank him above all those guys.

I don't think Burleson would be available in many leagues, but that would be a good option!

Not for me though, as a Calvin owner. I'd prefer not to have all my eggs in the basket, especially with DET.

Burleson is still available in the league I'm in that I own Nicks, I'm thinking he may not be a bad option but he may have been scooped up in a lot of league, my league isn't a ppr but 25 receptions over the last 4 games is better than solid. Right now I'd probably rank him above all those guys.
If he is still there, why isn't he already on your squad....

Ben ObomanuBlair WhiteDerek HaganDuke CalhounJordan Shipley
Obviously with White and Obomanu, their status is heavily affected by the injury status of others ahead of them on the depth chart.ASSUMING they are starting or known to be getting serious reps, I would rank them:WhiteShipleyObomanu

where would Brandon Gibson rank in that group?
I would be shocked if Gibson was still around in a 12 team league, but I'd put him at the top of the list.
On top of White? You don't think Alexander's return and Robinson gettign healthy now hurts his value?
I should have specified, but short term, I like Gibson.There is still some unknowns as far as the health of the people they are replacing, but Gibson has gotten a lot of targets lately and he doesnt' have to worry about sharing looks with the likes of Wayne, Garcon, and Tamme.

Ben Obomanu

Blair White

Derek Hagan

Duke Calhoun

Jordan Shipley
Obviously with White and Obomanu, their status is heavily affected by the injury status of others ahead of them on the depth chart.ASSUMING they are starting or known to be getting serious reps, I would rank them:

White

Shipley

Obomanu
I'm not sure that applies as much to Obomanu. Obomanu was recently promoted to the starting spot opposite Mike Williams, so he should be on the field all the time for the Seahawks even after Mike Williams returns.

To replace Nicks, I'm thinking of picking up Blair White as well in anticipation of next week when the Colts host the Cowboys. For this week I'm just gonna promote Nate Washington off the bench and hope whoever is throwing the ball for Tennessee can take advantage of Houston. I'm at the point right now though where one more loss and I'm eliminated from playoff chances, so I'm also looking to trade Nicks to someone who has a spot locked up and can afford to give me someone to help me get in now.

In PPR I like Hartline, he's consistent for double digit points every week, just don't expect the upside.

If Marshall is out, I expect his targets to increase.

Man, you guys are all over my problem. As for how are they available, I don't know, but they are and this is a 16 team league with short rosters. I am looking at the same problem with:

Obamanu, White, Gibson, Hartline.

If your league rewards return yardage, I would add Jacoby Ford to the list. I wouldn't take him over Blair White, but he should be in contention with the rest of the names so far.

I picked up Gibson a few weeks ago so if he is available in your league I would get him over these guys. Right now he is clearly the better option over the likes of Duke Calhoun.

Out of this group, I picked Hagan since the Giants have a pretty good schedule until Nicks hopefully returns in a few weeks and Hagan knows the Giants offense better than any current Giant WR besides Manningham, so he should get some solid numbers in PPR.

I picked up Gibson a few weeks ago so if he is available in your league I would get him over these guys. Right now he is clearly the better option over the likes of Duke Calhoun.Out of this group, I picked Hagan since the Giants have a pretty good schedule until Nicks hopefully returns in a few weeks and Hagan knows the Giants offense better than any current Giant WR besides Manningham, so he should get some solid numbers in PPR.
Hagan over White? Really?

CrossEyed said:
KentGraham10 said:
I picked up Gibson a few weeks ago so if he is available in your league I would get him over these guys. Right now he is clearly the better option over the likes of Duke Calhoun.Out of this group, I picked Hagan since the Giants have a pretty good schedule until Nicks hopefully returns in a few weeks and Hagan knows the Giants offense better than any current Giant WR besides Manningham, so he should get some solid numbers in PPR.
Hagan over White? Really?
Yep. We'll see in a few weeks :)

Man, I thought I had it all figured out with Obomanu at the top, but now I'm really torn.

I just figured that if BMW misses any time, Hass will lock onto Obomanu. And Obomanu scored a 2 yd TD last week so he will get RZ looks too.

With the SEA running game sputtering, I see Hass using the short completions to compensate.

If Collie is out for a while, I think I would put White at the longer term upgrade (without know how serious BMW's foot injury is).

Right now, I've got my waiver claim at Obomanu, White, Hagan.

bocksheesh said:
No Mike Thomas (JAC) on that list?Or are you assuming he's already been picked up?
I just grabbed a few names off of the list. Feel free to suggest more!Someone mentioned Hartline and he is still there on the waivers. He looks like a solid PPR guy, but won't get tons of yardage.

White - Coach said he is "very integral" to the offense now.

Hagan - This is purely about opportunity, and he has it.

Obomanu - taking ahold of his opportunity.

Shipley - sometimes produces.

Calhoun - still raw.

Bump White to the top, at least for this week:

The Indianapolis Colts said Tuesday that they will hold Austin Collie out of this weekend's game against the San Diego Chargers "as a precautionary measure" while the wide receiver deals with post-concussion symptoms.

From NFL.com

Obomanu (What about GTate and Butler) and Seji (Floyd is out; will Naanee be back?) top the list. Gibson would be above them although Denario is back too. White is tempting but he's gone in leagues I need him.

Obomanu (What about GTate and Butler) and Seji (Floyd is out; will Naanee be back?) top the list. Gibson would be above them although Denario is back too. White is tempting but he's gone in leagues I need him.
Tate has been hurt, Butler is a 1 trick pony (deep ball)Seattle ground game sucks and they are at home against KC who have sucked on the roadIf BMW out I am rolling with Obama..... :thumbup:

White

Hagan

Obomanu (news on BMW might not be all that bad)

Shipley

Calhoun

If Britt is on your WW you got to move him up to #1, looks like week 14 return.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I've read.

As a BMW owner, I picked up Obamanu as insurance. Hopefully, I never have to use Obamanu. I was looking for a reason to drop the inconsistent and injured MSW. Good riddance.

For me, it's Obomanu, Hagan then White. I need a long term fix and I think Obomanu has done enough to secure a spot in that offense for now. With our waivers going off tonight, I can't take a chance on tutu or anyone who "might" see time this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread