What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank Your Top 3 Restaurants in $ Spent in Your Lifetime (1 Viewer)

Gloria's a salvatexmex place where I lived for awhile haven't been there in 3 or 4 years but still should be #1.  

Ruang Thai - Excellent Thai Food

Sushi Sake - Top sushi place in DFW despite the stupid name

Don't think a fast food place would crack my top 20.  Maybe Chipotle would ring in around 20.  

11 madison park - NYC

north fork table and inn - north fork LI

Since closed french bistro place in cobble hill brooklyn.  Went there about once a week for 3 years (pre-kid days)

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken clients there a number of times so some very expensive meals.  Wife and I about 5 or 6 times.  
ahh- clients too. makes sense. I was thinking in my own post, wife and I went to Bouley probably about the same amount as you there... maybe a couple more visits. that all adds up pretty fast (or slow- over the course of a bunch of years).

ahh- clients too. makes sense. I was thinking in my own post, wife and I went to Bouley probably about the same amount as you there... maybe a couple more visits. that all adds up pretty fast (or slow- over the course of a bunch of years).
Maybe I shouldn't be counting client stuff but I have signed the check for some very expensive meals there.  

Woodhaven House - great irish pub. We went 2 or 3 times a week for almost 10 years. We don't go as regularly since a lot of places have opened up around our house over the past few years.

Phillie's Pizza - used to be Rosa's Pizza but this one opened up closer and we've probably gone there more times now.

Buon Café - 2 blocks from our house, great food and wine selection. We go about once or twice a week.

Went to Wendy's on a road trip last week and I think that was the first time in 8+ years that I've been in one.  Not too good for fast food, I just rarely eat out.  (though my credit card says I spent $4,200 on restaurants and $3,700 on grocery last year.  go finger.)

1. McDonalds

2. Potbelly

3. Lou Malnati's

Wow, are they still in business?   Been forever since I heard their name.
Here is the kicker.   My stepson is 11 years older than my daughter.   Once he got too old she started to want to go :lol:

We used to go out maybe once a week.  And like clockwork?

Where do you want to go? 

FRIENDLY"S!@!@#!!#

Not a fan - but for ice cream its good

I don't remember the exact bill, but I know the bills racked up at Alinea and Nobu were not pretty. Also, Red Robin is the worst. 

Taken clients there a number of times so some very expensive meals.  Wife and I about 5 or 6 times.  
I've gotten food when I worked there a few times. Really good! We've setup for their Kentucky Derby shindig that they have there every year. Cool place.

1. Local Pub with craft beer and great food

2. Local family restaurant with great food and craft beer

3. no clue

1) Outback Steakhouse - Just because it's probably my favorite chain and I've moved around enough that local spots would have a tough time making it

2) El Toro - The one exception.  A local spot that I lived near for about 6 years and I ate there a completely unhealthy amount to the point that it probably makes this list even with such a short timespan.

3) Jimmy Johns - RIght across the street from classes in college.  Delivered to my office building at a job I worked for about 5 years.  Even without the occasional stop-in now this one probably would have made the list.

I spend more money at the grocery store over the course of a year than I do at restaurants. I assume I'm in the minority here?
I spend more at the grocery in a month than I do at restaurants in a year.

I really have no idea what to list beyond Subway. It's the only fast food I ate as a kid that I still eat as an adult. It has been very infrequent the last few years though. 

Over my entire lifetime probably a toss up between Taco Bell and McDonalds (in my younger years).

Then there was this locally owned Korean BBQ place I used to hit up for lunch probably 5-6 times a month for lunch.

I also worked at a Chinesed place during college.  Never had to pay for a meal but ate there for free almost 6 nights a week.

1. Tex-Mex Taqueria # 3 - Houston, Texas - I only lived in Houston for just under 2 years, but I probably had 7-8 meals a week. Dinner almost every night of the week, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. It got to the point that when I pulled up, they would have my table ready with chips, salsa and a Negra Modelo all ready to go. If my wife was with me, they knew we were eating there. If I was alone, they would ask if she was traveling or not, and that would tell them if I was eating there alone or taking it home to her. About as close as I got to being Norm from Cheers.

2. Whataburger - One of the best things about living in Texas. My go-to fast food place, and the fact that it is open 24 hours, got all of my after closing time business. Also the Breakfast On A Bun can't be beat.

3. Sonic - Two of the companies I worked for the longest had a Sonic as the closest place to get lunch. Plus tons of trips just for ice cream/shakes.

Applebee's could be the worst ever.
Their White Chocolate Blondie might just be the best chain restaurant dessert in existence but last time I had one I almost #### my pants on the drive home.  Only other food product to have that effect on me was the now defunct Burger King Italian Sausage Sandwich 

1. Pelon's - 1-2 times per week for 11 years living in Virginia Beach; still go there every time we go back; better than most Mexican food I've had since moving to San Diego

2. Amedeo's - few times per month for 16 years living in Raleigh, NC; favorite Italian food in NC, and great N.C. State history (my alma mater)

3. Outback - probably once per month for 11 years living in VB, since it was a couple blocks from home

McDonald's would probably be #1 in total visits, mostly due to high school and college years and the fact that it is everywhere, but dollars spent wouldn't crack the top 3. Thankfully, I have probably only been there a few times in the past 15 years.

I spend more money at the grocery store over the course of a year than I do at restaurants. I assume I'm in the minority here?
A grocery chain would likely be my #1. I'm on the road and usually opt for a grocery store quarter chicken or wrap over the equivalent Subway/McDonald's option for lunch.

When we have dinner out it tends to be at local places, not chains, so wouldn't add up as much.

McDonald's would be right up there from the 4 years I worked at Walmart (that had a McDonal's right in it - plus, I was almost always hungover at that job).

Users who are viewing this thread