What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking the Time-Share/Questionable Backs from now to end of season (1 Viewer)

Please See Mine

Footballguy
I'm looking at all of the RB candidates on the roster fringe or on the waiver wire and trying to figure out who has the best chance to succeed/be the main guy for the rest of the year. What do you think?

LaRod Stephens-Howling

Beanie Wells

James Starks

Alex Green

Cedric Benson

Donald Brown

Vick Ballard

Marcel Reece

Rashard Mendenhall

Jonathan Dwyer

Ronnie Hillman?

Daniel Thomas?

Jalen Parmele

MJD?

Rashad Jennings

Bryce Brown

Here's how I would break them down:

Viable Options Next Few Weeks At Least

Ronnie Hillman

Beanie Wells

James Starks

Jalen Parmele

Vick Ballard

Rashard Mendenhall

Jonathan Dwyer

Daniel Thomas

Value Declining But I'd Still Keep Them Around

Marcel Reece (McFadden could be back this week)

LaRod Stephens-Howling

Viable Options Maybe Only For This Week

Bryce Brown

Worthy Late Season Grabs Now

MJD

Cedric Benson

Do Not Want

Donald Brown (as long as Ballard is healthy)

Rashad Jennings

Alex Green

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I would break them down:

Viable Options Next Few Weeks At Least

Beanie Wells

James Starks

Vick Ballard

Rashard Mendenhall

Jonathan Dwyer

Daniel Thomas

Value Declining But I'd Still Keep Them Around

Marcel Reece (McFadden could be back this week)

LaRod Stephens-Howling

Viable Options Maybe Only For This Week

Ronnie Hillman

Jalen Parmele

Bryce Brown

Worthy Late Season Grabs Now

MJD

Cedric Benson

Do Not Want

Donald Brown (as long as Ballard is healthy)

Rashad Jennings

Alex Green
Solid list. The only player I disagree with is Jalen Parmele. I think he should be in the first category. I wouldn't be surprised if MJD is gone for another 3-4 weeks, if not more. Although the comparison is probably not apples to apples, DeMarco Murray went down with what seemed like an injury of lesser significance than MJD's injury, yet he is still out as well. Dallas has been hesitant in allowing Murray to play unless he's 100%, because they do not want further damage. With that said, given how tricky foot injuries are, and MJD's contract status, I don't see MJD coming back at less than full strength. He was already on record saying he thinks it'll be "a couple of weeks", while referencing not wanting to rush back and worsen the injury.People forget that Jennings was supposed to be a plug-and-play if MJD went down, given Jacksonville's heavy reliance on the run game and his previous success. He fell flat on his face when given the opportunity. Parmele put up a respectable performance against one of the best run defenses in the league. With Henne now at QB and what looks like a solid WR corps in Shorts, Blackmon, and Robinson (solid enough where defenses can't just stack the box, especially when MJD is out), I think Parmele could pay huge dividends.

Good points about Parmele and I agree I should move him up and will do that. No telling at this point when (or even if) MJD will return.

ETA - I moved Hillman up too. He's obviously very viable the rest of the season with McGahee done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread