What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team Feature (3 Viewers)

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs. :excited:

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs. :excited:

With average inseason management, we think you have a 88 percent chance of making the playoffs.

"With zero inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs. Don't even worry about bye-week substitutions, baby."

Wow, this RMT thing is awesome. :thumbup:

We'll see. Fun exercise, and some useful info. I think it's still a RB heavy model, and many of the sure fire lock RB's in the first two rounds flop every year, so I don't put much weight in the percentage chance of making the playoffs.

Oh yeah - didn't really like my team.

Shared this with some buddies on another forum and they think this is really cool.

I'm debating on sending this out to all my league members after the draft.

Anyone drafting from the 12th hole in a 12 team serpentine draft, non-ppr league get above 80% using the RMT feature and that 80% is with with great inseason management"? (standard scoring)

Even when I can generate Draft Dominator's #1 overall ranking for my team (total team strength) and then run it thru RMT I got a top of 70% with great inseason management. The best I have done on my own was 80% and then only from 1 staffer (MT). The majority of the time I am seeing 60-70%.

If you have gotten 90% or better from the 12th hole let me know what you did because after about 20 of DDs "My Mock Draft" I cant seem to generate even a consensus decent team. I am using Joe's secret formula for the projections. After seeing all the guys claiming 99% success using the RMT I didnt think it would be so difficult to generate one myself but I havent yet found the right combination of guys to do so. Perhaps they are in small leagues or playing in a non-competive environment?

This is a really nice tool and I like the references to the articles supporting their ideas.

TIA

Hey, this is actually pretty cool, except for:

"With great inseason management, we think you have about a 45 percent chance of making the playoffs."

Although 50/50 is about what I expect for any league so I don't take offense.

edit: didn't see the 4 separate writer comparisons: Maurile Tremblay is on board at 70%.
You have any openings in your league next year?

Ok after more tries I got this to work:

"Anyone drafting from the 12th hole in a 12 team serpentine draft, non-ppr league get above 80% using the RMT feature and that 80% is with with great inseason management"? (standard scoring)" -- start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K 1D

Using DDs feature "My Mock Draft" with the owners rated as expert(4), magazine(3), MDC(3) or Consensus(2). This was more of an exercise to see if by changing my draft strategy I could get from the RMT feature a team the staffers bottom line was 90% or higher from 2 of the 4 reviews with great inseason management. I am not saying I would draft this way but it opened my eyes up to a new way of viewing the draft from this spot. I also managed with this draft,for one of the few times, to not have a team at the very bottom of DD's "Overall - total team strength" ranking as well:

1:12 - AndreJ (WR), CalvinJ (WR)

3.12 - TJ Housh (WR), BraylonE (WR)

5.12 - KnowshonM (RB), RayRice (RB)

7.12 - KurtW (QB), Schaub (QB)

9.12 - JuliusJ (RB), SanDiego(D)

11.12 - JamesDavis(RB), RashardM(RB)

13.12 - ToddHeap(TE), WillisMcGahee(RB)

15.12 - KrisB(K), TB (D)

Review of this draft:

Very weak at RB but since it is a start 2 with the 6 guys listed perhaps 2 can give me avg FPs each week and I want have to be guessing too much which one to start. Trying to play the DTBC approach and in a real draft probably would take Cinn or Wash here to go w/SD but DD's projections have this duo (SD, TB) ranked alittle better.

The TE position looks fairly bad but after the word from preseason so far Heap could be ok here. Heath Miller was another guy I thought about here. Any thoughts?

Finding the right balance on this was tough. We knew one of the first things people would do would be to enter a terrible team and see if we blew sunshine at them. So we knew we had to be honest. On the other hand, we want to be careful and not act like we're the final word on anything and tell a guy his team is terrible when he thinks it's good. We settled on the format we came up with and I feel pretty good about it. Clearly, it's slanted toward our rankings as the report is how WE think you drafted. There really isn't any other way to do that. But the thing that pleases me the most was how readable it is. I too was worried about it sounding like a "mad libs" thing and Doug and David and the guys did a fantastic job with that. Really very pleased with it.Thanks to you guys that are helping spread the word. If you don't mind sharing the app with your friends, that is hugely appreciated as it helps us in a big way. Thanks.J
I think that because there are four opinions generated based on four different sets of projections/rankings, people can get a good idea on how to feel about their teams without having to feel like the report is too biased by one person's thoughts.If three out of four guys like your WR situation and think that your RB situation might need to be propped up, that's good feedback IMO.

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.
I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.

Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver)."

:wub:
Finding the right balance on this was tough. We knew one of the first things people would do would be to enter a terrible team and see if we blew sunshine at them. So we knew we had to be honest. On the other hand, we want to be careful and not act like we're the final word on anything and tell a guy his team is terrible when he thinks it's good. We settled on the format we came up with and I feel pretty good about it. Clearly, it's slanted toward our rankings as the report is how WE think you drafted. There really isn't any other way to do that. But the thing that pleases me the most was how readable it is. I too was worried about it sounding like a "mad libs" thing and Doug and David and the guys did a fantastic job with that. Really very pleased with it.

Thanks to you guys that are helping spread the word. If you don't mind sharing the app with your friends, that is hugely appreciated as it helps us in a big way. Thanks.

J
One thing I was thinking would be a RATE THE DRAFT feature that might be more easily shared... Instead of running the application on every team.

It can rank the teams - talk about good value picks as well as picks that were ridiculous to insane - good D or QB combos based on SOS... etc etc

Something more precise that can be cut and pasted on the Draft site front page maybe written in News article format with a few player / coach quotes and all...

If I have time I might try to make something like this up for my league - But, going thru 12 teams of Rate My Team and picking out parts is a lot of work that seems like it could easily be automated for you guys from what you have here already - and again more easily shared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add my own :jawdrop: for this tool. Just ran it for all the teams in my league and sent them their analysis. Very, very cool stuff.

I like this feature a lot too. One thing I have noticed...if you folld Dodd's "perfect draft" scenerio and wait on QB, it is very hard to get over 85%. All of my 95%, 99%, and lock teams have included one of the top 3 QBs (and Brady seems to weight VERY heavily).

My Fanball draft tonight (performance; 2 WR with no flex) followed the perfect draft pretty closely, but it came out as 80%.

QB: David Garrard, Matt Schaub

RB: Steven Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Darren McFadden, Earnest Graham, Rashard Mendenhall

WR: Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Chad Ochocinco, Donnie Avery, Donald Driver

TE: Owen Daniels

PK: David Akers

TD: New York Giants

Thought that was interesting...the Schaub/Garrard combo tends to be where you land if you wait for QB, but it doesn't rate very well...

JB

Do the ratings change throughout the year and account for values fluxuating or are they locked in from when this first came out?

Users who are viewing this thread