What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

rate my team (1 Viewer)

walnutz

Footballguy
Total points scored determines 1st-12th. Categories are

AVG, RBI, HR, SB, K, WHIP, SV, ERA - I am missing 2 categories but this basically gives you the gist.

Pujols

Pedroia

Jeter

Chipper

Ichiro

H. Matsui

Johnny Damon

Todd Helton

Kaz Matsui

Rick Ankiel

Smoltz

Dice k

Billy Wagner

Matt Capps

Wainwright

D. Lowe

Pettittel

We still have 3 rounds left. So not completely finished. Any areas anyone would look for in the last 3 rounds.

Thanks.

W

I would look for some OF pop, your team has a lot of "names" that aren't necessarily fantasy guys. Looking at your squad:

Pujols- stud but with very real injury concerns

Pedroia- nice upside guy, do a little of everything

Jeter- better player than fantasy guy, puportedly in his best shape in a while

Chipper- I don't know how many teams you have, but I'd look at a Gordon or Longoria late in your draft because he's always hurt

Ichiro- solid

Hideki- looks like he's on a steep downside, showing injury tendencies, might battle for ABs

Damon- hopefully he bounces back, better in the 2nd half last year, but getting older

Helton- good spot in the order, but not much pop out of 1B

Kaz- He is what he is

Ankiel- bad finish, roid issues

Smoltz/Pettite/Wagner- old pitchers are worrysome, all have had recent chinks in the armour

Wainwright- hasn't shown much, but has ceiling

Rice K- See Wainwright, could break out though, good gamble probably

D Lowe- hopefully he does something in a contract year

Capps- He'll do what he does, get a few saves but not enough if you only have 2 closers. The theory for most and me with this category is, dominate it or punt it, so in my mind, that means 3 closers, hopefully an A, a B and a C, or three B's. Maybe take a flier on a guy late here.

Looking at your squad, your pitching is hurting but I don't know where to tell you to boost it late.

To close your draft, I might go:

-Best availble closer(gamble on a Percival maybe)

-Third Baseman(I tend towards upside, Longoria is in the minors, might be able to wait, but I think Gordon might be a good get, because you can play him at first as long as larry is healthy

-Ian Kennedy(should bag wins and not hurt too many other cats) or best availble UPSIDE starter on a contender

You definately need some more sock in that lineup, if a home run hitting OF with some alternate upside you might look there too. Justin Upton springs to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread