What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ravens @ Patriots - AFC Championship Game (1 Viewer)

If Suggs, Ngata, Mclain, Johnson et al. get to Brady's legs early then I like the Ravens chances. Brady gets all pissy and jittery when you play at his feet and it can cause him to floinch at shadows or throw early.

On the other hand, If the protection from New England's line is good, as it has been for most of the season, then the rpressure is all on the Ravens secondary to make big plays. Advanatge Brady.

Quick pick subject to change- Ravens 27- Pats 20

If the Ravens record as many sacks against Brady as the Broncos did, your SB will be the Pats vs. whoever wins the game that's being played as I type.

Bills- grew up in Buffalo, moved when I was 18(1985)

Ravens- Moved to Baltimore(1985)and watched the Ravens grow from inception.

In a Bills/Ravens Championship game I will root for the Bills.

The Patriots have been awesome all year at pinning their opponent at or behind their 20 to start drives. In their last 15 drives on the road where the Ravens have started on their own 20 or worse, they have scored just 1 TD. Not a good matchup for the Ravens.

I think the Patriots go up early, and pressure the Ravens to abandon the run game and try to win with Flacco's arm.

Patriots 35

Ravens 17

If this game were in Baltimore, I'd call it a coin flip. But the Ravens are not that good on the road and don't have the spread passing game that gives the Pats defense trouble.

Pats: 34

Ravens: 24

Ravens win by 2. The best team that NE beat this year is Philly. The steelers beat them up, so did the giants and dallas. Over-rated. Giants-ravens rematch.

The Ravens haven't played well on the road this year. But this is the playoffs and I am sure they will be focused. An absent Reed will hurt the defense over all. Certainly they can't give Brady all day. I didn't see today's game but my understanding is they didn't pressure Yates much; I think TJ created anough pressure on himself. Brady is capable of putting up a stinker, relatively speaking, so he can't be throwing dumb interceptions. Ray Rice is an awesome running back; the Pats obviously have to TRY and contain him. The return of Spikes has helped the LB depth.

Flacco isn't afraid to throw the ball if Cameron gives him the green light. He is an average QB but he did beat the Steelers on a nice late throw to Smith and the Pats DBs have been weak. Chung has helped steady things a bit on the back end.

Pats homer so I have to go Pats in a close one 27-23

Honestly don't see Baltimore losing this game if they don't lose the turnover battle. These teams with porous defenses are getting exposed in the playoffs. I think Flacco is turning the corner and has decent talent to work with.

Honestly don't see Baltimore losing this game if they don't lose the turnover battle. These teams with porous defenses are getting exposed in the playoffs. I think Flacco is turning the corner and has decent talent to work with.
What corner would that be? The guy is horrendous.

Baltimore really has no chance next week in NE. If it wasn't for TJ Yates, the would've lost today. They have Ray Rice but somehow they think they have Joe Montana at QB. They don't. Cameron is an idiot and the Ravens suck on the road.

And oh yea there's that Brady to Gronkowski and Hernandez fellows.

NE 34

Balt 13

Ravens win this game if their turnover diff is -1 or better. Flacco looked bad today but the Texans D is FAR superior to the Pats. The crappy defenses have been exposed in the playoffs, just like always. If the Pats manage to beat the Ravens, the winner of the NFCCG will win the SB.

what is up with the Balt scores in here? Since when do the Pats play D? As much as I hate Flacco its Tory Smith, Boldin, and screens to Rice all day.

NE 38-35

what is up with the Balt scores in here? Since when do the Pats play D? As much as I hate Flacco its Tory Smith, Boldin, and screens to Rice all day. NE 38-35
When does the Pats give up 35 points? The last time was on the road in NO in 2009. The last time they allowed 35 points at home was in 2005.

what is up with the Balt scores in here? Since when do the Pats play D? As much as I hate Flacco its Tory Smith, Boldin, and screens to Rice all day. NE 38-35
When does the Pats give up 35 points? The last time was on the road in NO in 2009. The last time they allowed 35 points at home was in 2005.
didn't they lose to the bills and give up 34? alright homer, how about 35-28? I know Balt isn't going to be hampered like some scores in here show.

didn't they lose to the bills and give up 34? alright homer, how about 35-28? I know Balt isn't going to be hampered like some scores in here show.
If the Pats neutralize Ray Rice (admittedly harder than it sounds), I don't see BAL winning on the strength of Flacco. The Pats overall are much healthier than they have been. Plus BAL on the road is not the same team as the one that plays at home.

Posts like these really come off as homer posts. Especially when it's pointed out they gave up 34 this year to a bad Bills team.

The Ravens had ZERO sacks against the Texans today. The Patriots have a better O-Line (in pass pro) than the Texans and this dude named Tom Brady who's somewhat better and more experienced than TJ Yates. The Ravens are going to get shredded.

Because of the way they lost to a couple of bad teams this year and were the least impressive winner over this past weekend, people with short memories we tend to think that the Ravens can't play well. But they've thumped a couple of good teams this season and they're 7-0 now against playoff teams. When they put the whole package together, things happen like what they did against the Steelers or like what they did to the Pats in the playoffs up there two years ago.

Edge goes to New England because of Brady and all those quality receivers and they will rightfully be about a TD favorite. A long Rice TD run early on, however, and we'll have ourselves a very competitive football game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts like these really come off as homer posts. Especially when it's pointed out they gave up 34 this year to a bad Bills team.
Even so, the Pats rarely allow 30 points in a game no matter how mediocre their defense has been. The Ravens allowed 30 or more points as many times as the Pats did this year (once).

Even so, the Pats rarely allow 30 points in a game no matter how mediocre their defense has been. The Ravens allowed 30 or more points as many times as the Pats did this year (once).
If Brady throws four picks the likelihood of giving up 30 goes way up.

Let's not forget the Belichick cheating factor and Baltimore really has no chance. Who can he hire today to help them beat Baltimore?

Seriously though, for all the talk about Baltimore beating Pitt in Pitt, that all gets cancelled out by losing to DelRio and the awesome Jaguars in Jacksonville. Belichick will gameplan accordingly, bottle up Rice, force Flocco and Cameron to beat him which means not much of a chance to win.

Users who are viewing this thread