What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ravens releasing LT Bryant McKinnie? (1 Viewer)

GregR

Footballguy
All over twitter.

Bryant Mckinnie ‏@BryantMckinnie

Decision is made! I'm gone!

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Ravens trying to get Bryant McKinnie to take a pay cut, may cut him instead http://wp.me/p14QSB-51tE

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to San Diego Bryant, you'll love the weather.
He'd have to clear waivers (down to the Chargers), and even if he does, he doesn't seem like an AJ Smith kind of player . . . but the Chargers are desperate. If somebody else doesn't claim him, he might be worth the $3.2 million or whatever he's supposed to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'd have to clear waivers (down to the Chargers), and even if he does, he doesn't seem like an AJ Smith kind of player . . . but the Chargers are desperate. If somebody else doesn't claim him, he might be worth the $3.2 million or whatever he's supposed to make.
Total guess, but to me, at this time of year, I see him getting claimed...too many teams need a Tackle and I think it is too close for ALL of them to start playing chicken. I could see my Jets picking him up and moving him to the right side...if I think that, then I think most GMs know they have to grab him now.

Patriots seem like a logical choice. He could shore up the left side which has been abysmal during the pre-season.

With jake long being dinged up, I could see Miami bring him in for a few weeks then trade him...

'Mustang Man said:
'Gr00vus said:
:kicksrock: Anyone know the actual claim order? Quick googling hasn't paid off yet.
Believe it would be the draft order of teams from the first round (without the trades)
Correct. In the regular season it's basically worst to first, in the offseason it's worst to first via draft order.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanforaNo additional years were tacked on to deal, so he's a free agent after 2013. Full story ahead on @CBSSports.com2m Jason La Canfora Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanforaMcKinnie's agent said "Bryant really wanted to remain a Raven" and wanted to stay with "a winning team" thus lowered salary ...4m Jason La Canfora Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanforaBryant McKinnie's agent, Michael George, told me he just agreed to a restructured deal for McKinnie to remain a Raven

'Maurile Tremblay said:
'Gr00vus said:
He'd have to clear waivers (down to the Chargers) . . .
This is a moot point now, but what I said was incorrect. Since he's got his four years and we're before the trade deadline, he would have been an unrestricted free agent immediately upon being cut.

'Sweet Love said:
'Maurile Tremblay said:
'Gr00vus said:
Total guess, but to me, at this time of year, I see him getting claimed...too many teams need a Tackle and I think it is too close for ALL of them to start playing chicken. I could see my Jets picking him up and moving him to the right side...if I think that, then I think most GMs know they have to grab him now.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought waivers were only for players with less than 4 years of NFL experience. I believe he would be an unrestricted free agent if the Ravens released him.

Users who are viewing this thread