What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ray Lewis (1 Viewer)

Lewis has 1 tackle and 6 assists...I've seen at least 3 more that looked like unassisted tackles so far
The scoring in this game was odd; for once it seemed like Ray Lewis was getting shortchanged in the scoring department. Usually he gets credit for tackles he never actually makes, lol. In this one, there were two specific occasions I noticed where a player who was not even in the play got credit for the tackle. IDP scoring appears to be particularly atrocious this season, or maybe it's just that I'm following the play-by-play more closely now.

smashingsilver said:
Goyal the Goodfella said:
Lewis has 1 tackle and 6 assists...I've seen at least 3 more that looked like unassisted tackles so far
The scoring in this game was odd; for once it seemed like Ray Lewis was getting shortchanged in the scoring department. Usually he gets credit for tackles he never actually makes, lol. In this one, there were two specific occasions I noticed where a player who was not even in the play got credit for the tackle. IDP scoring appears to be particularly atrocious this season, or maybe it's just that I'm following the play-by-play more closely now.
I will assume you are joking because I have watched every down of the Ravens this season and more often than not he gets shortchanged.

*The hit he put on Keller in week 1 wasn't even credited a PD for example.

*Similar play as the Keller one but it was Welker at the goalline and wasn't credited with a PD.

*When the Falcons/Ravens played on Thursday night 3 Clear solos were given to #53 McClain.

It is just a popular misconception that this happens. He has just 13 assists in 6 homes games this year. Compare that to Mayo who has 32 assists in 6 home games or Fletcher who has 32 assists in 7 homes games.

I will agree that IDP scoring as been awful this season. The examples I cited above, James Harrison INT vs. Miami that hit the ground, the crediting of sacks, PDs, Tyvon Branch's credited INT this week, some Patrick Willis tackles not credited to him vs. the Saints early in the year....etc etc

Sorry, I haven't been following Lewis this year so I didn't realize this was a recurring problem regarding him. However, in past seasons, Lewis would frequently get credited for assisted tackles as long as he was somewhere near the play. Usually, I owned him, so I didn't mind, but I can't deny that he was getting some stat credit by reputation. Maybe the statkeepers are trying to make up for all of that this year?

Sorry, I haven't been following Lewis this year so I didn't realize this was a recurring problem regarding him. However, in past seasons, Lewis would frequently get credited for assisted tackles as long as he was somewhere near the play. Usually, I owned him, so I didn't mind, but I can't deny that he was getting some stat credit by reputation. Maybe the statkeepers are trying to make up for all of that this year?
Typically, when a player gets credit for assisted tackles for just being around the play it happens from their home field stat keeper. When you look at Lewis' assists at home for his career:2010: 6 home games, 13 assists

2009: 8 home games, 19 assists

2008: 8 home games, 12 assists

2007: 8 home games, 19 assists

2006: 7 home games, 11 assists

2005: 3 home games, 5 assists

2004: 7 home games, 20 assists

2003: 8 home games, 21 assists

2002: 2 home games, 10 assists

2001: 8 home games, 26 assists

2000: 8 home games, 18 assists

1999: 8 home games, 19 assists

1998: 7 home games, 6 assists

1997: 8 home games, 10 assists

1996: 7 home games, 6 assists

Total: 102 home games 215 assists

That comes out to 2.1 assists per home game. In his road games he averages 2.25 (105 games, 237 assists)

In the last 6 seasons, since 2005, he has a grand total of 79 assists in 40 home games. That is less than 2 assists per home game.

If someone was trying to give him credit for just being around the pile, they did an awful job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread