What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Boston Scott, PHI (1 Viewer)

Philly? Sproles is coming off a bad injury and is 107 years old. Ajai seems to have chronic knee issues as well.

Dawg Pound 69 said:
As if the Pats needed anymore RB's. I think they have enough. But I get it, anytime a skill position prospect is waived everybody clamors for New England to pick them up.
Huh... I read his post (I now see incorrectly) as predicting that NO was calling to ask for an RB.  Unless the preseason was a mirage (and it might be), Jeremy Hill, an LSU alum, might be a nice add by the Saints for an RB4.

Boston Scott cleared waivers ... now Sean Payton will attempt to sign him to the Saints' practice squad. 

Boston Scott cleared waivers ... now Sean Payton will attempt to sign him to the Saints' practice squad. 
Annnnddd....?

I get what’s happening, but the QB & RB moves seem to show some disarray. Maybe they resign him and then either he or Williams is activated Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott snagged away from the Saints Practice Squad to land on the Eagles roster.

Considering Clements injury and his status as their #1 KR this year, it would appear that they have made a maneuver as his healthy replacement. Kind of sucks in the sense that I thought he would play a ton for the Saints next year when Ingram leaves. I doubt Sproles and Smallwood are looked at as any sort of long-term answers in Philly and Ajayi is a free agent after the year.

Eagles signed RB Boston Scott off the Saints' practice squad.

A Dion Lewis style of player out of Louisiana Tech, Scott stands 5-foot-6, 203 with 4.4-flat speed. This move indicates the Eagles fear Corey Clement (knee) will miss significant time and perhaps the rest of the season.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter  Dec 10 - 5:24 PM

Eagles coach Doug Pederson mentioned Boston Scott as a possible replacement for Darren Sproles.

A diminutive back with 4.4 speed and passing-game skills, Scott looks the part on paper. The Eagles have a sea of backs behind Jordan Howard and second-rounder Miles Sanders on the depth chart, but this comment suggests Scott is standing out among that group in the early going. Scott is worth keeping in mind as a deep sleeper in PPR formats.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Jun 3, 2019, 11:36 AM ET

No love for Scott? IMO he is the most likely to take over as the pass catching back in this offense. Super promising player, I would be surprised if PHI got rid of him. They have no receiving option unless Smallwood is a better receiver than I give him credit for. Clement isnt great, Howard/Adams cant catch at all.

Unless the local fans know more than I do. No one is talking about Scott but imo hes a decent add to see what happens in the NFL draft. 
"Boy do I hate being right all the time..."

I got no love for suggesting this 2 months ago in the Philly thread

4.4 speed
That was a 4.40 flat forty ;) . And with a 6.67 3-cone and pushed 20 bench reps.

I'm willing to bet a year as a pro and then this off-season helped him grow considerably. For Scott to be the first name to come out of Coach Pedersons mouth when talking about the hole that needs filling with Sproles gone is a pretty large stamp of approval at the close of OTAs.

Am I the only one thinking I'm possibly sitting on a potential ppr gold mine here?

Duce Staley breaks down philly rbs

Staley on Scott, who the Eagles picked up in December: “I’m very high on Boston. ... Being able to see him in OTAs, I’m excited. I’m excited about how quick he is, the way he picks up the offense. He does look like a little Sproles right there at times. But I tell you, he’s working hard, he’s dedicated. ... He’s watching film.”
I feel like no one is talking about this guy. guys in the Philly thread didnt even know who he was/forgot about him 3 months ago

It's really hard to take anything out of Duce Staley as useful. Hes talking up everybody, including guys not even on the Eagles roster.

Am I the only one thinking I'm possibly sitting on a potential ppr gold mine here?

Duce Staley breaks down philly rbs

I feel like no one is talking about this guy. guys in the Philly thread didnt even know who he was/forgot about him 3 months ago
You should read the whole interview with Staley...he praised ALL the RBs. HIs words on Scott didn't mean much when heaping similar praise on everyone else

Sanders is going to be a star in this O. I see little work for a Sproles type. They were trotting out some average guys when Sproles was real effective.

Sanders is going to be a star in this O. I see little work for a Sproles type. They were trotting out some average guys when Sproles was real effective.
I disagree with this and I think it's the main reason no one is talking about Scott, or anyone else, getting the passing options 

I see Sanders as a between the 20s guy similar to how Abdullah was used. 

You should read the whole interview with Staley...he praised ALL the RBs. HIs words on Scott didn't mean much when heaping similar praise on everyone else
Except Doug Peterson also came out and said Scott fits the Sproles role very well

reexamining rb battle

Scott had one heck of a spring, and the coaches have noticed. In one press conference, Pederson talked about Scottas if he’ll be around for a while, speaking of him as a replacement for Darren Sproles, both as a punt returner and pass-catching running back

If the Eagles keep just one of the four to pair with Corey Clement, Miles Sanders, and Jordan Howard, my money is on Boston Scott.

NBC Sports Philly's Dave Zangaro writes Boston Scott "might actually be the front-runner" for the final running back spot on the Eagles' roster.

Assuming Corey Clement is healthy, he, Jordan Howard, and Miles Sanders should occupy the top three spots on the depth chart. It is wide open behind them, however, and Zangaro believes Scott has "a much more complementary collection of skills" than guys like Wendell Smallwood and Josh Adams. Even if he wins the job, Scott will likely need some injuries ahead of him to earn real fantasy value this season.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia

Jul 16, 2019, 10:18 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson indicated that Boston Scott will be promoted to the team's active roster ahead of Sunday's Week 6 game against the Vikings.

The Eagles were able to stash Scott on their practice squad after he was let go at the end of training camp. Scott gives the Eagles' backfield a much-needed healthy body with Darren Sproles (quad) slated to miss time.

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Oct 11, 2019, 11:13 AM ET

Boston Scott rushed 10 times for 59 yards and one touchdown in the Eagles' Week 14 overtime win over the Giants, adding six catches for 69 yards on six targets.

Miles Sanders briefly left the game in the second half to be treated for cramping and dehydration, and Scott took the opportunity and literally ran with it as the lone playmaking back. A jitterbug at 5'6/203, Scott was a sixth-round pick of the Saints last year and has been on and off the Eagles' roster for the past calendar year. He entered this game with 24 career touches, so this was definitely an out-of-the-blue performance. His touchdown was a two-yard plunge in the third quarter to pull the game to 17-10 Giants. Scott was also a major factor as a playmaker in the pass game, turning short passes into major chunk gains. He's earned more of a look on offense, but Sanders is fine and Jordan Howard (shoulder) should be cleared any day now. Scott isn't someone to chase for Week 15 against the Redskins.

I mean....I really gotta consider him. I have James white and Laird as my starters. I kid you not. Everyone is worried about chasing points but man he looked good last week and might be a better inside runner than Sanders.

I mean....I really gotta consider him. I have James white and Laird as my starters. I kid you not. Everyone is worried about chasing points but man he looked good last week and might be a better inside runner than Sanders.
Yeah that's my main concern is chasing points. I'm 95% sure my lineup is set without him in, but it'll probably be keeping me up tonight whether to throw him in my flex. I've always held the standard that somebody's gotta do it 2 games for me to show some kind of stability. Anyone can go off for 1 week.

Boston Scott rushed six times for 26 yards and caught seven passes for 39 yards in Week 15 against the Redskins.

Scott remained heavily involved behind Miles Sanders, seeing just three fewer touches than last week. He mostly worked in passing and hurry-up packages, which worked in his favor this week with the Eagles playing from behind. There's a chance Jordan Howard could get cleared for a must-win Week 16 matchup with the Cowboys, so Scott may fade back into the No. 3 role if Howard returns.

I hate these situations. This dude is showing the hell up. Looks like he could be a key contributor for that offense, either as the guy or a COP/RBBC back. But nope, this is likely going to be all for nothing and come next year he'll have 50 touches the entire season.

The Athletic's Zach Berman suggests Eagles RB Boston Scott will be "competing for more of an offensive role."

"The Eagles don’t believe how Scott played in December was a mirage or simply a hot streak, but rather an indication he can be a weapon for the offense," Scott writes. "Whenever they are on the field for training camp, Scott won’t be competing for a roster spot; he’ll be competing for more of an offensive role." Scott came off the bench for Jordan Howard and Darren Sproles over the last month of the season, averaging 87.5 yards (and 5.7 yards per touch) from Week 14 on. It sounds as if the 25-year-old's role on offense will expand even if the team adds another veteran (on minimum salary) to the mix, keeping Scott locked in as a late-round option with immediate value. Miles Sanders is still fully expected to handle 15-18 touches per game as Philadelphia's lead back.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 2, 2020, 9:16 AM ET

JoeSteeler said:
You don’t think he has any stand alone value? 
I guess its fair but I would rather have the third unless I owned Sanders. The Eagles get Clement back this year which might muddy the work Sanders doesn't get. They were trying to get Devonte Freeman and Carlos Hyde before he went to Seattle. Only having 4 running backs, I think they would have to sign another one. Somebody like Lesean McCoy would just throw another wrench into Philadelphia's rotation.

I guess its fair but I would rather have the third unless I owned Sanders. The Eagles get Clement back this year which might muddy the work Sanders doesn't get. They were trying to get Devonte Freeman and Carlos Hyde before he went to Seattle. Only having 4 running backs, I think they would have to sign another one. Somebody like Lesean McCoy would just throw another wrench into Philadelphia's rotation.
If they signed McCoy yes then he’s not worth much, but if you look at fantasy points per touch rankings, Scott avg as the #7 overall RB in 2019 with 1.14 fantasy points per touch in PPR. I guess saying someone like that has stand alone value is humorous to some

Fantasy Football Impact: Eagles' Miles Sanders ruled OUT for Sunday's Week 1 matchup against Washington

Excerpt:

BOSTON SCOTT

Scott was heavily involved in the Eagles’ offense during their final four games of the 2019 regular season:

– Week 14: 10-59-1 rushing, 6-69-0 receiving, PPR RB5
– Week 15: 6-26-0 rushing, 7-39-0 receiving, PPR RB23
– Week 16: 3-12-0 rushing, 6-7-0 receiving, PPR RB38
– Week 17: 19-54-3 rushing, 4-84-0 receiving, PPR RB2

The latter performance featured a season-high 74% snap rate when Sanders was injured early in the contest. This is the potential upside for Scott: a true three-down role with a high-end receiving floor.

Flirting with 20 rush attempts seems unlikely now that the Eagles don’t have to address the issue on the fly during the middle of the game. We also shouldn’t necessarily expect six or more receptions considering the presence of the next RB we’ll discuss. Still, Scott appears in line for at least 10-15 rush attempts with five-plus targets all but guaranteed in an offense with multiple injuries already at the WR position.

This is an incredible fantasy-friendly workload and warrants RB2-level exposure. I've slid in Scott as my PPR RB20 ahead of Week 1. This puts him just behind more-established lead backs like Raheem Mostert (RB18) and Todd Gurley (RB19) but ahead of more questionable workload options like Melvin Gordon (RB20), Mark Ingram (RB21), Cam Akers (RB22) and Jonathan Taylor (RB23)

Just put him into my second flex spot and like the matchup against my WFT.

But would not be least bit surprised to see Clement have the better day for FF.

Not much info on his injury yet.  As a Sanders owner, I’m curious how bad his injury is as he may be droppable on my waiver run tonight if it’s serious.
I think Scott might be dropable even if he's not hurt and Sanders sits another week. Looks like an RBBC with Clement as long as Miles is out and that OL is not doing anyone any favors.

Users who are viewing this thread