What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (1 Viewer)

Latest discussion (not even calling it a rumor because zero basis) is Titans and Bengals about swapping RBs via free agency.
Pass on Mixon unless it’s super cheap. Obviously people make the RB / coach connection but still, pass.

I have no idea on the cost difference but if Dillon or D Harris are cheap enough I’d take them to pair with Spears.

Reactions: Bri
Terry McCormick
@terrymc13
·
4h
Callahan said he has reached out to Derrick Henry. Said he knows what Derrick means to the organization and that won’t change.

Another OMG thing to add to the Derrick Henry pile-
Pat Kirwan asks every prospect when they first dunked a basketball.
Derrick Henry did in sixth grade!

Henry and Keaton Mitchell would be such a gnarly thunder and lightning combo. As a Keaton owner I’d rather have Henry in Dallas but if I was a ravens fan it’d have me salivating

Latest discussion (not even calling it a rumor because zero basis) is Titans and Bengals about swapping RBs via free agency.
Pass on Mixon unless it’s super cheap. Obviously people make the RB / coach connection but still, pass.

I have no idea on the cost difference but if Dillon or D Harris are cheap enough I’d take them to pair with Spears.
AJ Dillon in a gap scheme could be a really nice flier for someone, he was so miscast in the outside zone run game in GB. Don't dislike Harris as a backup either, but its a little concerning he had a neck injury that went from might miss a couple weeks, to never coming back.

Henry and Keaton Mitchell would be such a gnarly thunder and lightning combo. As a Keaton owner I’d rather have Henry in Dallas but if I was a ravens fan it’d have me salivating
Will they get enough work and be setup correctly?
The Ravens aren't always an easy team to be a back for. I've seen many times where Lamar runs, pass, pass incomplete, Lamar runs and it's like oh we forgot the RB give him a carry so he gets three yards.
I can't really talk in play call context here but ya know typical RB plays and workload.

I think Lamar (athletic QB short careers) needs to run less but always know he has that knockout punch.
I want a back or two to put him at ease and not press in big games.
I think a good RB could do well there but it has to come with a change and commitment to it.

Henry getting 10 carries would be a really bad idea

Lewan started with everyone says Baltimore so let's not discuss them.
Then explaining what type offenses Henry likes, he'd be a bad fit in Buffalo and a perfect fit in Dallas.
It's a few minutes rant on Bussin, summarizing above

Henry IS buying a house in Dallas but he's also selling one he's owned for years so I don't know that that means anything.
Earl and ADP are in Dallas plenty so I always just assume they hang out.

Mentioning because I saw it around that he is buying a house and separately that would seem significant

Those are the usual suspects. I just wouldn’t be surprised if Houston offers a bag.
I cant get past the 200+ yard average and how I said earlier it's wrong if they don't make an offer.
Even if it's a bad offer, their GM owes it to their fans that endured those games
Henry makes a lot more sense than Barkley does in my opinion. Probably comes cheaper too.

ESPN’ Jeremy Fowler reports Derrick Henry is unlikely to return to the Titans next season.
According to Fowler, the “door is not completely closed,” but Henry will almost certainly get to test free agency when the legal tampering period begins next week. With 9,502 rushing yards and 90 rushing to his name, Henry brings an impressive resumé to the free agent market and will be a coveted back despite turning 30 earlier this year. Henry hasn’t lost much of a step despite having more than 2,000 carries to his name and could immediately bolster any rushing attack in need of an early-down bruiser. Whether the Titans know it or not, they are likely headed for a rebuild in the very near future. Assuming Henry sees this, it would be surprising if he returned to close out his career with a non-contender.

Ravens have 3.7mil available (rookies considered) so for all of you wanting Henry to wind up in Baltimore- you probably will need to see them free up some cap this weekend.

I probably fall into the category of wanting Henry to land in Baltimore, as it would really help me in one league. Given his age and desire to play for a Super Bowl contender, what do you think he might be looking for in terms of a contract - $10 million/year? I'm thinking he might take less to play in BAL.

I probably fall into the category of wanting Henry to land in Baltimore, as it would really help me in one league. Given his age and desire to play for a Super Bowl contender, what do you think he might be looking for in terms of a contract - $10 million/year? I'm thinking he might take less to play in BAL.
I think he’s talking to Baltimore, Houston, Dallas, Philly, Buffalo, Miami and even the chargers. Funny, the teams I think he’s best in are all AFC, and really any of the AFC. 🤔

Henry IS buying a house in Dallas but he's also selling one he's owned for years so I don't know that that means anything.

Mentioning because I saw it around that he is buying a house and separately that would seem significant
This has a bit of legs now that the Boys have no RBs but the scout's son and Leupke at FB

This has a bit of legs now that the Boys have no RBs but the scout's son and Leupke at FB

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
8m
My understanding is the #Cowboys are not currently expected to be at the top of the RB market compensation-wise in free agency.

Dallas is expected to continue to survey the market within their range, & of course within the Draft accordingly.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
8m
My understanding is the #Cowboys are not currently expected to be at the top of the RB market compensation-wise in free agency.

Dallas is expected to continue to survey the market within their range, & of course within the Draft accordingly.

...then who's running the ball in Dallas this season? A rookie? That doesn't sound very "all in" to me.

It's gotta be Saquan.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
8m

...then who's running the ball in Dallas this season? A rookie? That doesn't sound very "all in" to me.

It's gotta be Saquan.
Texans are going hard after Saquon but regardless Dallas is reportely not shopping at the high end RB market.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
8m

It's gotta be Saquan.
Texans are going hard after Saquon but regardless Dallas is reportely not shopping at the high end RB market.

Even more reason Jerry needs to open up the wallet. America's Team? They won't even be the most popular team in Texas if that happens.

Dallas without a quality RB will be awful. Unless Malik Davis or whoever take a leap forward, it would be Alexander Mattison 2.0.

Cowboys are smart (I think). I'd bet good money they make a move on Barkley, but that could just be wishful thinking.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
8m

It's gotta be Saquan.

Even more reason Jerry needs to open up the wallet. America's Team? They won't even be the most popular team in Texas if that happens.

Dallas without a quality RB will be awful. Unless Malik Davis or whoever take a leap forward, it would be Alexander Mattison 2.0.

Cowboys are smart (I think). I'd bet good money they make a move on Barkley, but that could just be wishful thinking.
Leupke!

Jerry loves anyone that ever lived or played in Texas so they're probably thinking Brooks right now

My Deuce Vaughn stock just gained 200% 📈

Gonna offer him up for a 2039 15th round pick.

Edit: Sorry, saw all the Dallas talk and was thinking this was Pollard's thread.

On Sirius, two different hosts on two different channels said his market value is 7-8 mil after yesterday.
The reasoning, age would put him down to 4-5 mil but he's Henry and was second in rushing last year so it'll probably be 7 or 8.

Titans fans will go nuts if he makes the same amount or less than Pollard

On Sirius, two different hosts on two different channels said his market value is 7-8 mil after yesterday.
The reasoning, age would put him down to 4-5 mil but he's Henry and was second in rushing last year so it'll probably be 7 or 8.

Titans fans will go nuts if he makes the same amount or less than Pollard
they should have just paid henry. i dont know what the titans are doing. they ran the 2 best things about their franchise away for no good reason. Those being henry and Vrabel

Users who are viewing this thread