What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

Dropping Hubbard. Foreman grabbed this opportunity and ran with it... Literally. Can't see Hubbard getting more than 5 carries going forward if Foreman is healthy.

Just wondering how many people who handcuffed Carolina CMC with Foreman got the double bonus yesterday?

I run a Main Event team with a friend. We drafted CMC and we almost never handcuff, but we took Foreman in the 15th as a CMC injury hedge because why not. Amazingly, we didn't drop him in waivers. Last week, our team scored 84 points. This week we got 72 from two guys.

Had a great day yesterday, but still only 68% snap share even with Hubbard out (McCaffrey never dipped below 80%). Something to keep an eye on.

Atlanta is probably the worst defense in the league. Not taking away from foreman but You could get Taylor in some trade scenarios. even Ken walker

Just wondering how many people who handcuffed Carolina CMC with Foreman got the double bonus yesterday?

I run a Main Event team with a friend. We drafted CMC and we almost never handcuff, but we took Foreman in the 15th as a CMC injury hedge because why not. Amazingly, we didn't drop him in waivers. Last week, our team scored 84 points. This week we got 72 from two guys.
A lot of similarity for me. FFPC main event I drafted have CMC and drafted Foreman. Cut him after week 1 or 2, picked him back up the week CMC popped up on the injury report, cut him again and then picked him up last Wednesday as I felt a trade as imminent.

So started both this week and like you I did so coming off an 88 point week. I also had AJB in my lineup this week so a whole different ballgame.

As a side note this is part of why that week 6 All Play week grew on me quick. A $2k retail price for those teams and your season might just depend what weeks you faced our teams.

A lot of similarity for me. FFPC main event I drafted have CMC and drafted Foreman. Cut him after week 1 or 2, picked him back up the week CMC popped up on the injury report, cut him again and then picked him up last Wednesday as I felt a trade as imminent.

So started both this week and like you I did so coming off an 88 point week. I also had AJB in my lineup this week so a whole different ballgame.

As a side note this is part of why that week 6 All Play week grew on me quick. A $2k retail price for those teams and your season might just depend what weeks you faced our teams.

Ha, that's funny, we had AJB too, along with Lamar at QB. Last week's 84 points were totally demoralizing, but this week we had 197, putting us right back near the top.

I have one other Main Event team with two friends. I was in charge of bids. Both Foreman and Hubbard were dropped two weeks ago, the night before CMC was traded, so they were unavailable to be picked up until last Wednesday. We got Foreman for $544, about $90 more than second-highest bidder, and we won by 4 points over the league's best team. It was probably one of the largest in-season bids we've ever made in 15 years of Main Event, but it paid off.

Ha, that's funny, we had AJB too, along with Lamar at QB. Last week's 84 points were totally demoralizing, but this week we had 197, putting us right back near the top
All the same. Got Lamar, fell from #2 seed to out last week, back at the top now, sitting on 190 and some change with McPherson to go.

I doubled up. Huge week. But I’m no hero I added him the second the news broke in 2 other leagues but dropped him before the Tampa game to cover some injuries and byes. Held Brian Robinson and Darrell Henderson instead.

I'm going to give myself a backpat because in a large roster league I added him last year before Henry went down on a whim and stuck with him until now. I decided to protect him on a roster of forty (full IDP) and it's paying dividends now.

He's not JAG. He looks good. Twenty-six and a half, though. Long in the tooth but with tread on him from missing all that time.

And Exhibit A that achilles injuries are different now and aren't total career-enders. I don't care what anybody tells me about Cam Akers because the defense is in the backfield from the moment the offense snaps the ball for the Rams. And James Robinson also looks okay. He's just not and never was Etienne.

My bias blinded me from this guy so yeah- congrats all. Almost every league I'm in he was claimed for less than $5...truly a difference maker. We'll see if he sustains at Cincy but at least a RB2.

My bias blinded me from this guy so yeah- congrats all. Almost every league I'm in he was claimed for less than $5...truly a difference maker. We'll see if he sustains at Cincy but at least a RB2.
Same boat here. I flipped him for Gus last week because I thought Gus was safer going forward that's looking like a huge mistake!

Atlanta is probably the worst defense in the league. Not taking away from foreman but You could get Taylor in some trade scenarios. even Ken walker
Before Foreman having this huge week, the Falcons defense was the 6th toughest against the run.

Yea agreed. Foreman just ran through Tampa Bay who prior to that game was best rushing defense in the league, and than ran through Atlanta. This is because Foreman is a very good back, and there is a reason they are already calling him "Baby Henry". Every run he had against Atlanta was for positive yards (A lot of 8 and 9 yard runs) and he was straight up running people over.

For those of you calling Foreman a sell high......what is "high" for you?
Depends your needs and your roster, and on the needs of the team you are trading with. If they are RB needy team loaded with WRs, I'd try to get a lower end WR1 top-tier WR2.

Someone just offered me this for Foreman in a keeper league with a $200 budget, but I think I'll pass (next year keeper prices listed):

Deebo ($17) & Harris ($62) for Foreman ($6) and Gallup ($8)

What are y'all thoughts on Foreman next season?

im not sure what its going to take to make believers out doubters .

During his high school football career, he rushed for 4,382 yards (8.2 YPC) with 61 touchdowns, including 2,102 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior.

During the game against Texas Tech on November 5, 2016, in Lubbock, Texas, Foreman ran for 341 yards on 33 carries, with three touchdowns, helping lead the Longhorns to victory. This game was Foreman's career high for the Longhorns. On November 19, he had 51 carries for 250 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns in a loss to Kansas. Overall, he finished the 2016 season with 2,028 rushing yards and 15 rushing touchdowns. On November 30, Foreman announced his decision to forgo his last year of eligibility and enter the 2017 NFL Draft. On December 8, he was awarded the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back. Foreman was the recipient of the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award in recognition of his 2016 season.

The Houston Texans selected Foreman in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

In Week 11, he had 10 carries for 65 yards and his first two career touchdowns, including a 34-yard score. However, on that touchdown run, Foreman suffered a non-contact injury at the two-yard line and fell into the end zone and immediately grabbed his lower leg. It was revealed that Foreman suffered a torn Achilles and was ruled out for the rest of the season.[34] He was placed on injured reserve on November 22, 2017.

On August 5, 2019, Foreman was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts. He was placed on injured reserve on August 19, 2019, with a torn bicep. He was waived on August 24.

He played great for Tennessee when given the chance and now he`s proving himself again in Carolina . He has always had the potential and hes only 26, i see big things from this kid .

The Panthers have been very gamescript/plan oriented with Foreman/Hubbard. Unless something drastic happens where Foreman balls out, they're going to go right back to the Hubbard on passing downs/ Foreman run downs split they had before Hubbard got hurt.

The Panthers have been very gamescript/plan oriented with Foreman/Hubbard. Unless something drastic happens where Foreman balls out, they're going to go right back to the Hubbard on passing downs/ Foreman run downs split they had before Hubbard got hurt.
Depends on just how good Foreman looks again and on Hubbard’s health. Foreman owners should be thrilled with what they have while Hubbard owners are likely ready to cut him after this week.

D'Onta Foreman rushed seven times for 23 yards in Carolina's Week 9 loss to the Bengals, catching two passes for negative two yards.

Foreman was basically scripted out of the game as the Panthers managed just one first down the entire first half, heading into the break down 35-0. He would eventually give way to Spencer Brown and Raheem Blackshear for the majority of the second half, finishing with a meager 21 combined yards on 10 total running back opportunities. A week after seemingly cementing his status as the unquestioned lead back with Christian McCaffrey no longer in town, questions could start to resurface once Chuba Hubbard returns to health. Consider Foreman a sketchy RB3 moving forward.

- NBCSportsEDGE

D'Onta Foreman rushed seven times for 23 yards in Carolina's Week 9 loss to the Bengals, catching two passes for negative two yards.

Foreman was basically scripted out of the game as the Panthers managed just one first down the entire first half, heading into the break down 35-0. He would eventually give way to Spencer Brown and Raheem Blackshear for the majority of the second half, finishing with a meager 21 combined yards on 10 total running back opportunities. A week after seemingly cementing his status as the unquestioned lead back with Christian McCaffrey no longer in town, questions could start to resurface once Chuba Hubbard returns to health. Consider Foreman a sketchy RB3 moving forward.

- NBCSportsEDGE
Yeah, no script for the offense (white flag maybe?) after your defense gives up 35 points in first half -- not to mention two INTS and a fumble trying.

D'Onta Foreman rushed 31 times for 130 yards and a touchdown in the Panthers' Week 10 win over the Falcons.​

The Panthers beat the Falcons at their own game in this one, chewing up the clock and rushing 47 times for 232 yards and a pair of scores. Even with Chuba Hubbard back, Foreman remained the run-game engine, as his 130 yards rushing missed previous career best by just two. It was also his third 100-yard rushing effort in the past four weeks. As Week 9 against the Bengals reminded, this offense is capable of going off the rails, but Foreman has made himself an every-week RB2 with his workloads and power running. The Ravens and their offensive personnel issues will be a Week 11 matchup Foreman can work with, though Baltimore is far more vulnerable through the air than on the ground.
Nov 10, 2022, 11:21 PM ET

I love this kid when they use him correctly, hes a work horse ,let him eat
Agreed. He suffered a horrible injury and had to work a ton to even get an opportunity, but he has capitalized on every one he got.

People need to remember he was a 5 star college recruit, Doak Walker award winning, consensus All American RB who ran for 2k at Texas, when the Big 12 still meant something.

I said in a different thread that I think he would have showed us this two years ago had he been given the opportunity.

Whatever the case, I wish I had acquired him when I had the chance.

My plan was to move him in a re-tool for next year but I may need to hold as most don't value what he is now worth.

How many more times can he feast on the Falcons Defense?

250 yds rush and 4 TDs over 2 games. Also did well vs a Bucs team that looks like they would prefer being other places. 21-3 as I recall

When they are behind which could happen a.lot, they won't be giving Foreman 30 carries, TRADE HIM!
You got him for nothing on waivers, package him with a WR for something better

That's just how I feel this morning, good for Foreman and his investors. Stock is high

250 yds rush and 4 TDs over 2 games. Also did well vs a Bucs team that looks like they would prefer being other places. 21-3 as I recall

When they are behind which could happen a.lot, they won't be giving Foreman 30 carries, TRADE HIM!

That's just how I feel this morning, good for Foreman and his investors. Stock is high
Yeah, def will consider --already don't like next week at Ravens --doubt they get ahead that game

You would have thought he would have been part of the defensive game plan lol

As far as ROS, I can envision the Panthers staying in the game a while against the Broncos, Seahawks, Steelers, and Lions, who follow the Ravens on the schedule. And who knows what the Bucs will be like in week 17? The range of outcomes (considering injuries, continued unpredictable performance, early retirements :ROFLMAO: ) for that offense over the next 2 months is pretty wide.

As far as ROS, I can envision the Panthers staying in the game a while against the Broncos, Seahawks, Steelers, and Lions, who follow the Ravens on the schedule. And who knows what the Bucs will be like in week 17? The range of outcomes (considering injuries, continued unpredictable performance, early retirements :ROFLMAO: ) for that offense over the next 2 months is pretty wide.
Easy RB2 rest of season. Folks that picked him up on waivers are in great shape.

Made the decision to stay with him in flex this week after the disappointment of them getting blown out last week and him getting little work and that's the only risk with this guy, bad game script. With hindsight, pretty easy decision given Thursday night, bad weather, likely to be relatively close throughout, should be plenty of touches etc. Still, couldn't have foreseen 31 rushes, game script evolved perfectly. Nice RB2/3 for the ROS.

Two years in a row he has looked amazing; six hundred yard games (3 each.)

Dude is a great runner, love the small steps, jump cuts, and has great burst. Does a nice job of pressing the hole and waiting for the crease or moving toward daylight. Not sure his long term prospects given his age (26) but ROS he is an RB2 autostart in 12 team leagues, should continue to see good volume.

Two years in a row he has looked amazing; six hundred yard games (3 each.)

Dude is a great runner, love the small steps, jump cuts, and has great burst. Does a nice job of pressing the hole and waiting for the crease or moving toward daylight. Not sure his long term prospects given his age (26) but ROS he is an RB2 autostart in 12 team leagues, should continue to see good volume.
26 is old? man im a damn mummy then :laugh:

Tons of props to Foreman. I really liked him his rookie year before the injury. I totally wrote him off 2 years in a row now. Should have stuck by my guy.

A little banged up this week. How’s everyone feeling about playing him ?
Love the talent, but with Chuba back in the mix, he's a dicey start even if healthy.
No he isn’t lol. Four 100 yards games in the past six games Is far from a dicey start.

Chuba did nothing last year when he had his chance to be the guy. But being banged this week puts things into question a little

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread