What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

^^^^   Don't disagree with you.   I wouldn't drop Cam Akers in dynasty because it's impossible for him to become a lead back now.

On the flipside, you had a solid, albeit marginal talent like Spencer Ware that's now out of the league.   Hard to believe that Marlon Mack is anywhere back to form yet, or else someone probably would have bit on the trade market.   

If a guy like Foreman (or Mack) gets to the top of the backfield pile, or if Akers comes back and is fantasy relevant, I think we will always wonder how much better they could have been without the injury, but the injury doesn't mean they can't be fantasy relevant.

Just checking fantasy pros and most of the “experts” don’t have DF in their top 100 or top 120?

completely ridiculous….

I guess this is the time of year most experts stop paying attention…

Just checking fantasy pros and most of the “experts” don’t have DF in their top 100 or top 120?

completely ridiculous….

I guess this is the time of year most experts stop paying attention…
I think you must be looking at the dynasty rankings. 

I'll predict both ADP and Foreman scores a TD today.  I know I said earlier that ADP is probably better to have than Foreman, but I'm backing off of that right now, because ADP is still shaking off the rust and we simply don't know 100% whether he has anything left.  He may not and that's the reason I'm backing off what I said earlier.

Peterson and Foreman both introduced as starters.

Peterson started the game and got the first carry.

Dontrell Hilliard came in and got the 2nd and 3rd carries.

So many of us thought Foreman was going to breakout against the Texans. Instead he got the third most amount of carries behind AP and Dontrell Hillard (where did he come from?) is Foreman even worth holding onto at this point? Is this backfield going to be a three headed monster that will have no value or was this a blip on the radar and Foreman still has some upside?

So many of us thought Foreman was going to breakout against the Texans. Instead he got the third most amount of carries behind AP and Dontrell Hillard (where did he come from?) is Foreman even worth holding onto at this point? Is this backfield going to be a three headed monster that will have no value or was this a blip on the radar and Foreman still has some upside?
I cut him. He may do something, but if he's not the goalline back and he's not the receiving back, then he's just another JAG to me at this point. NE, then bye week... nah. I need WR help, and was hoping to use him as a trade piece after the Texans game. Instead, I'll use his spot for a miserable dart throw WR on our waiver wire.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. The Titans look like an absolute mess right now. That said, to me he looks the best of what they have, but this situation is likely to be a mess going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to evaluate because he did get a reception/target or two, but Hiliiard dominated them and is a more trusted runner than McNichols (never gets carries). Also, it was the worst possible gamescript for Foreman early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well AD getting cut should help with last weeks quagmire.  No more 3 headed backfield now I guess.  Foreman and Hilliard split now?

I have no clue what to make of this situation.  Hilliard 63% snap share vs. 19% for Foreman.  Now, the game against the Texans isn't likely to be repeated in terms of game flow.  I guess if you combine AP's 19%, that was 38% for the runners and 63% for the pass catcher (doesn't add up to 100, I know).  Maybe just a game flow situation?

It's hard to guess what's going to happen here, but if I were betting I'd say this is great news for Foreman.

"Despite his excellent showing Week 11, Hilliard could take more of a back seat to D'Onta Foreman and/or McNichols when the Titans are following a more positive game script than they did versus the Texans"

-Rotoworld

I watched the game and don't buy the game script narrative.  I'm tempted to drop Foreman and pick up Hilliard.  He got carries ahead of Foreman and was more featured before the "game script" got out of hand.

Maybe Hilliard was given a chance showcase his skills seeing they already know what D`Onta can do ,thus making the decision easier to let AP go.

Im guessing Forman becomes the bell cow and Hilliard the 3rd down change of pace guy ?

I watched the game and don't buy the game script narrative.  I'm tempted to drop Foreman and pick up Hilliard.  He got carries ahead of Foreman and was more featured before the "game script" got out of hand.
They were down big in negative gamescript. Hillard/McNichols are much better pass catching backs (McNichols barely gets carries), which is why McNichols coming back hurts Hilliard more than Foreman. In Neutral positive script I can definitely see as the 2 down thumper, with Hillard/McNichols mixing on 3rd down and Hilliard a COP back. McNichols also can line up as a WR.

They were down big in negative gamescript. Hillard/McNichols are much better pass catching backs (McNichols barely gets carries), which is why McNichols coming back hurts Hilliard more than Foreman. In Neutral positive script I can definitely see as the 2 down thumper, with Hillard/McNichols mixing on 3rd down and Hilliard a COP back. McNichols also can line up as a WR.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the game, Hilliard received the 2nd and 3rd carries of the game.  Foreman wasn't even seen until the second drive.

As I mentioned at the beginning of the game, Hilliard received the 2nd and 3rd carries of the game.  Foreman wasn't even seen until the second drive.
Hilliard had the better outing…I see a split with maybe a chance to lead for either if these guys as they both can run and catch…

Agreed.

Foreman as had multiple shots at the pro level and never impressed - and somebody must have seen something they liked in Hiliard.

Maybe Hilliard was given a chance showcase his skills seeing they already know what D`Onta can do ,thus making the decision easier to let AP go.

Im guessing Forman becomes the bell cow and Hilliard the 3rd down change of pace guy ?
I am leaning towards what Zado said.  My speculation is that the last three games have been an audition for all four players involved.  The Titans have seen what they have and will attempt to make the best of it.  My speculation is that Foreman will get the majority of the carries + some targets.  Think of him as the big bodied hammer.  Hilliard will mix in to spell Foreman (change of pace).  Hilliard will be like a scalpel.  McNichols will play a third down role and could mix in as a reciever considering they are depleted at the position.  Seems logical to me.  The question is whether any of them will amount to being fantasy relevant?  Or just end up being JAG's?

What is just as perplexing is that the Titans must have considered AP could be the guy.  At 36 years old....he's had one hell of a care and is a future HoFer', but his time is gone.

The NE game should be more revealing.

I have both Foreman and Hilliard and I really can't see Foreman not getting the bulk of the early down work but grabbed Hilliard for insurance for the week.

I was all set to drop Foreman until the Peterson news broke. Given that, and given that two of my RBs are questionable this week (Kamara and Mitchell), I'm holding. I suspect the answer will be that we don't want any part of this backfield as long as Henry is out. What makes it especially frustrating is that, given the next two weeks are a tough matchup vs NE followed by a bye, we may not get any clarity on this question anytime soon.

The Titans went no-huddle that 2nd drive where Hilliard got the touches (certainly game-planned). I'm not sure I'd read too much into that. Game script favored Hilliard, as well.

Hard to say how this is going to shake out, but I still like Foreman due to his ceiling. Peterson being out of the picture certainly helps his chances. It's closer in PPR.

The Dude said:
Agreed.

Foreman as had multiple shots at the pro level and never impressed - and somebody must have seen something they liked in Hiliard.
That’s not really true at all

he started to impress with the Texans and had an Achilles injury.

Those are tough to come back from, and he hasn’t made it all the way back 

That’s not really true at all

he started to impress with the Texans and had an Achilles injury.

Those are tough to come back from, and he hasn’t made it all the way back 
I was included what I believe to be multiple camps he tried out for a team.  

Looks like he will be “leaned” on today. Debating him or Gronk in my flex…. Leaning Gronk. 

From

@NFLGameDay

: The #Browns get RB Kareem Hunt back today and he’ll be the third-down back today, while the #Titans will likely lean on D'Onta Foreman today vs. the #Patriots.

Patriots have only allowed two rushing TD's all year while they've allowed the 2nd most receiving yards to running backs...seems like Hilliard is the play if you need a RB.

@NFLGameDay

: The #Browns get RB Kareem Hunt back today and he’ll be the third-down back today, while the #Titans will likely lean on D'Onta Foreman today vs. the #Patriots.

Will be another good exercise this week of FF Now vs. NFL Game Day then.  FF Now had a good report on Hilliard.

Last week FFN had a good report on CEH and NGD had a "bad" report on him.  FFN turned out to be correct.

I have both...going with Hilliard hoping he is still the pass catching back

im fully expecting Foreman to look like Marshall Faulk today  :rolleyes:

19 carries, over 100 yards

Hilliard had 12 carries, also over 100..... we shall see what is looks like after the bye.  Decent flex if you ask me.

Someone just dropped Hilliard and Foreman in my ppr league.  Any guess on who has more value going forward?  I feel like it would be prudent to grab one of them

Someone just dropped Hilliard and Foreman in my ppr league.  Any guess on who has more value going forward?  I feel like it would be prudent to grab one of them
Agree it's a good idea to grab one and if at all possible both.

I don't say this with a ton of confidence but would go Foreman and I say that mainly because I think when McNichols is able to return his skill set seems more similar to how they use Hilliard and with no AP it just seems like Foreman's skill set is more unique to the team.

That all may be a stretch but I do own them both on a few teams and at least for week 14 knowing what I know today if I use one of them , which one will be based on McNichols status.

What are folks thinking about Foreman's matchup with SF? He clearly is the #1 back, but I do fear negative game script potentially limiting his carries.

On the other hand, TEN seems like they can run on anybody. Foreman is definitely a beneficiary here, as I don't see anything really special, but long term doesn't matter anymore.

What are folks thinking about Foreman's matchup with SF? He clearly is the #1 back, but I do fear negative game script potentially limiting his carries.

On the other hand, TEN seems like they can run on anybody. Foreman is definitely a beneficiary here, as I don't see anything really special, but long term doesn't matter anymore.
Why would it be a negative game script? Titans D is decent. 49ers are good but not great. Even without their top guys, Titans should still be competitive in this one and have a decent shot at a win, same as last week against the Steelers. 

Any thoughts on Foreman for next year? Where do we think he winds up? He's obviously still a serviceable back at this point in his career. I'm only asking because I have him on a large-roster dynasty squad and I hold guys like this at RB in case of injury or what-have-you. 

Titans are only a 3 point dog, I am not factoring negative game script into the equation. If they get smoked they get smoked but SF has to fly across the country on a short week - should be a competitive game. 

I do not have a good feeling about Foreman vs the 9er run D tonight, plus 3RB's in the mix. Most rankings pointing to starting him in the flex but I'm going to hold out and plug in other similar options later this weekend. I do not want that sick feeling with my first player getting 40 yards rushing and 1 catch for 7 yards.

What are Foreman owners doing tonight?

I do not have a good feeling about Foreman vs the 9er run D tonight, plus 3RB's in the mix. Most rankings pointing to starting him in the flex but I'm going to hold out and plug in other similar options later this weekend. I do not want that sick feeling with my first player getting 40 yards rushing and 1 catch for 7 yards.

What are Foreman owners doing tonight?
I had him in my lineup, but with today’s news that 3 OL men out…… I took him out and put Damien Harris in instead.

Users who are viewing this thread