What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (3 Viewers)

the reporting on this particular situation has been one of the crazier. i can't remember how many times they said a deal was coming or close. 

this one was funny though that the Cowboys are now frustrated with the situation. what did they think would happen? all of a sudden Zeke would just say he was joking the whole time?
Obviously they thought he would be more flexible.

Send him the 5 day letter. 

Make him choose between signing the deal offered and sitting out all season

Zeke... If you want max money you should wait until you have max leverage. If they send a 5 day letter you have no choice.  The only reason they don't is to avoid spoiling good faith for a long term deal.  The Cowboys could keep you — or make you sit out — for 4 years (this, next, 2x franchise) before you get to FA. 

Even if he signed today, are you comfortable starting him Week 1? I can't believe the Cowboys would give him a full load considering the time he's had off. He probably has a lot of rust to shake off also. 

Even if he signed today, are you comfortable starting him Week 1? I can't believe the Cowboys would give him a full load considering the time he's had off. He probably has a lot of rust to shake off also. 
Seriously?  He's not injured.   There are four other pro bowlers on the team I can name that have played zero in preseason and have practised very little that are set to play. He could sign on Saturday and still get a full load on Sunday. 

Normally I would be in this camp but in 2017 he had almost 30 touches and 130 yards in his first game back from suspension. I don't think he needs time to get back to football shape. 

Only a matter of time before he does something stupid again.  He is too leaky a vessel to hold the hopes of a franchise, in my opinion.  Not a guy to whom one gives guarantees.  he is a guy from whom you protect yourself.

The sad thing is many teams have these guys.  It is only once they are rejected by their team that they learn their lesson and then clean up their act and effort for their next team.  a frustrating fact of life.  If you keep them they screw you, if you let them go they flourish, maybe.

the reporting on this particular situation has been one of the crazier. i can't remember how many times they said a deal was coming or close. 

this one was funny though that the Cowboys are now frustrated with the situation. what did they think would happen? all of a sudden Zeke would just say he was joking the whole time?
When reading reports, you gotta look at it and try to figure out which side the source is, how realistic that side is being, and what kind of agenda they might have.

It seemed really unusual to me that Jerry Jones was out there blasting Elliot and suddenly there were reports that a deal was almost done. In retrospect, that reeks of the Cowboys either being naive to reality or leaking it to try to pressure Elliot into getting a deal done. After Jones came out and basically slammed Zeke, if a deal was getting done, it was only because the Cowboys were throwing the bank vault open. And if that were the case and Zeke was suddenly happy to sign, we would have also heard reports about just how much money he was going to make (because agents always want that info out ASAP including all the phony money making the deal look bigger than it is).

Not hearing anything about the $ probably should have been a good indicator that a deal really isn't as close as reported.

Pollard's adp should skyrocket in drafts over the next three days.  I nabbed him last week at 9.6 (elliott owner) but dont own elliott in a keeper for tomorrow.  Any thoughts on where an elliott owner or no-owner will need to pull the trigger for the rest of the week?

People seriously think he could just walk in off the street and play this Sunday?  I’d say there is zero chance of that.  He hasn’t taken a single snap since January.  

Week 2 at the earliest.  

Pollard owners getting at least one week of RB1 production.  Glad I’m not playing against him.  He’s going to light up the Giants.  

People seriously think he could just walk in off the street and play this Sunday?  I’d say there is zero chance of that.  He hasn’t taken a single snap since January.  

Week 2 at the earliest.  

Pollard owners getting at least one week of RB1 production.  Glad I’m not playing against him.  He’s going to light up the Giants.  
If he signs today?  Of course he could play.  If he signs on Saturday?  Then they likely don’t suit him up.

Thanks.  I guess technically that’s an “injury report” (ESPN’s), but it’s not anything close to the official NFL injury report. The official NFL injury report isnt released until later in the week.  So of course ESPN status would say OUT.  He’s not in camp.  As of today, he’s OUT for next week.  Sure. But just so we’re clear, he’s not been ruled out by anyone.

Thanks.  I guess technically that’s an “injury report” (ESPN’s), but it’s not anything close to the official NFL injury report. The official NFL injury report isnt released until later in the week.  So of course ESPN status would say OUT.  He’s not in camp.  As of today, he’s OUT for next week.  Sure. But just so we’re clear, he’s not been ruled out by anyone.
Yep its not on NFL (yet)

Normally I would be in this camp but in 2017 he had almost 30 touches and 130 yards in his first game back from suspension. I don't think he needs time to get back to football shape. 
He was suspended midseason in 2017 so he was in tip top shape when those 6 weeks started.  We have no idea what kind of shape he is in right now.  He maybe hasn't done much since January.  The Cowboys have 3 easy games to start the year.  They probably aren't going to give him a heavy load.

He was suspended midseason in 2017 so he was in tip top shape when those 6 weeks started.  We have no idea what kind of shape he is in right now.  He maybe hasn't done much since January.  The Cowboys have 3 easy games to start the year.  They probably aren't going to give him a heavy load.
If you think a running back in his prime seeking the leagues best contract for his position “hasn’t done much since January” then you don’t understand this game.

Correct

If you think a running back in his prime seeking the leagues best contract for his position “hasn’t done much since January” then you don’t understand this game.
He's been hanging out in Cabo. He's going t ok be rusty when he comes back. 

He’s not playing Sunday people.  Make plans.  
At this point, I have to agree. They MIGHT'VE caved without Pollard, but he gives them a cushion.

The bottom line is the Cowboys have a bunch of good players to pay & the pie is only so big. It could get ugly if Zeke really wants to push this.

:lmao:  he attended all the OTAs in May and June. He went to Cabo to work out on his own instead of training camp, not to party and eat chimmichangas. His in top form right now. 

ETA: And by on his own I mean with some of the best trainers and hall of fame athletes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pick 9 tonight in my ppr league.  I will likely roll the dice if he falls to me.  Question will be what round to grab Pollard as insurance.

:lmao:  he attended all the OTAs in May and June. He went to Cabo to work out on his own instead of training camp, not to party and eat chimmichangas. His in top form right now. 

ETA: And by on his own I mean with some of the best trainers and hall of fame athletes. 
OTAs consist of 10 days of practice.  That's not much in 8 months.  We have no idea what he is doing in Cabo.  The fact that his buddy Marshall Faulk says he is working out with him means little.  The fact that he has posted a few photos on Twitter of him working out means little.  Lots of superstar athletes let themselves get out of shape when they aren't in a structured environment but they claim to be working out intensely the entire time.  We do know that he Zeke likes to party and that he has often shown bad judgement in the past.  At best he will be rusty.  At worst he will be in bad shape.  Proof is in the pudding, not social media posts or the opinions of fanboys on fantasy football message boards.

I passed on zeke at 1.10 last night for Beckham in a league that skews slightly to WR.  I was shocked he was there but I should have better prepared for it.  I have some buyers remorse passing on him but my main misgiving is it feels like we often see guys hold out or miss suspension time and come out and overdo it and get hurt

Zeke can sign on Saturday and play on Sunday.  With that said, he won’t be in peak form and I suspect that while he’s in great shape, he’s not in great football shape given Cabo is the Mexican equivalent of a red jersey.

I passed on zeke at 1.10 last night for Beckham in a league that skews slightly to WR.  I was shocked he was there but I should have better prepared for it.  I have some buyers remorse passing on him but my main misgiving is it feels like we often see guys hold out or miss suspension time and come out and overdo it and get hurt
A pulled hamstring or groin in the 1st or 2nd game back wouldn't surprise me.

OTAs consist of 10 days of practice.  That's not much in 8 months.  We have no idea what he is doing in Cabo.  The fact that his buddy Marshall Faulk says he is working out with him means little.  The fact that he has posted a few photos on Twitter of him working out means little.  Lots of superstar athletes let themselves get out of shape when they aren't in a structured environment but they claim to be working out intensely the entire time.  We do know that he Zeke likes to party and that he has often shown bad judgement in the past.  At best he will be rusty.  At worst he will be in bad shape.  Proof is in the pudding, not social media posts or the opinions of fanboys on fantasy football message boards.
:lol:   You just said we have no idea what he's doing in cabo and then listed a bunch of stuff he did. 

:lmao: . The unproven rookie is worth starting behind the best OL in the league but people are worried that the best RB in the league might be a little rusty because he hasn't been working out on the sidelines with the team.  

I have the 1.02, come to find out in redraft. I'd take Zeke in a heartbeat but don't think I can stomach it. Kamara, I guess, is the way to go. 

:lmao: . The unproven rookie is worth starting behind the best OL in the league but people are worried that the best RB in the league might be a little rusty because he hasn't been working out on the sidelines with the team.  
Yeah they probably limit his touches the first week back unless he practiced all week with the team. 

:lol:   You just said we have no idea what he's doing in cabo and then listed a bunch of stuff he did. 
You know what he’s not doing?  Getting football reps with active professionals for hours a day all summer.  

I don’t care how much he is working out.  Not playing football all summer means he is won’t be in game shape.  A lot of guys IN camp suck wind the first couple of weeks (cramps and stuff).   He’s not walking off the street into the huddle this Sunday.  And, the Cowboys don’t need him to.  The Giants are a joke.   

You know what he’s not doing?  Getting football reps with active professionals for hours a day all summer.  

I don’t care how much he is working out.  Not playing football all summer means he is won’t be in game shape.  A lot of guys IN camp suck wind the first couple of weeks (cramps and stuff).   He’s not walking off the street into the huddle this Sunday.  And, the Cowboys don’t need him to.  The Giants are a joke.   
He literally did this two years ago. Cabo straight to the field. No drop off

Lol. How many hits has Saquan taken this summer?  You expect the same limitations for Sean Lee, Byron Jones, Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawerence?  Nope. 

Agree with the giants part. 

Users who are viewing this thread