What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Gus Edwards, LAC (1 Viewer)

The thing that gives me pause about Latavius is that he was beaten out of a job fair-and-square by a rookie. Reports were that he appeared to have lost a step.

For a guy who was pretty much all about ground-and-pound and athleticism, that concerns me.

I'm less concerned in regards to LeVeon Bell. He was never about power or even much about speed. He was always elusive and patient and great at finding holes when given a good O-line. He hasn't had a good O-line since leaving the Steelers... until now. 

I feel good about Bell behind this line. He'll just need 2-3 weeks to get up to speed and pickup the playbook. 

Edit: Also, though I don't know much about Ty'Son Williams, based on reports it looks like he's more of a 3rd-down back with pass-catching skills. But I don't see him being better at that aspect of the game than Bell, so what is really going to be better at? Other than just knowing the playbook earlier...

Last edited by a moderator:
He was?

I saw that he was ticked and refused a pay cut, so they released him.

why would he then sign for a lesser amount that he declined? 
Only reason would be he thought other teams would be falling over themselves to offer him more and after a couple days he is coming back with his tail between his legs. Seems unlikely though.

Based on his college history, if there is a RB who can lose his job, it’s Ty’son. 
He was starting at BYU and looking good when he tore his ACL, then went undrafted in weird 2020. Pretty easy to have that happen.

Signed: Dobbins, Gus, Peters

He was starting at BYU and looking good when he tore his ACL, then went undrafted in weird 2020. Pretty easy to have that happen.

Signed: Dobbins, Gus, Peters
He was at 2 colleges before that and transferred. Having a pretty good senior year after doing nothing for 3 years and then tearing your ACL isn’t exactly getting me excited for him. 

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
Maybe they need to seriously think of bringing back mark Ingram.
Ingram was my last pick in my last draft. That would be huge.

I also didn’t realize Gus was still on the board and took Henderson. I was gonna regret that oversight this whole season. At least I don’t have to worry about that.

I have Edwards in 2/3 leagues. In the 3rd, I added Ty'Son on waivers last night.

In the league I don't have him, someone traded him for Tyler Boyd at 7AM today.  OOF

@Long Ball Larry and whoever else got the news over an hour ago.  How did you get your news?  Thanks to you all, I basically beat all my leaguemates in most Redraft Leagues to the Ty'son Williams sweepstakes and I am super appreciative.  10% of my earnings coming your way. 

Ingram was my last pick in my last draft. That would be huge.

I also didn’t realize Gus was still on the board and took Henderson. I was gonna regret that oversight this whole season. At least I don’t have to worry about that.

Ingram plays for Hou 

@Long Ball Larry and whoever else got the news over an hour ago.  How did you get your news?  Thanks to you all, I basically beat all my leaguemates in most Redraft Leagues to the Ty'son Williams sweepstakes and I am super appreciative.  10% of my earnings coming your way. 
One of my league-mates sent a group text to bust the chops of the Gus owner in my league. 

before you say, “that’s mean!”, bear in mind that the Dobbins news broke in the 10th round of our draft last Saturday, and dude who was on the clock got the update. He spent the next 5 mins honking about it, & busting the Dobbins owner’s chops.

Karma can be a harsh mistress indeed. 

(I already had Williams, & someone added Bell yesterday, so the breaking news didn’t really matter) 

@

Long

Ball Larry  and whoever else got the news over an hour ago.  How did you get your news?  Thanks to you all, I basically beat all my leaguemates in most Redraft Leagues to the

Ty'son Williams

sweepstakes and I am super appreciative.  10% of my earnings coming your way. 

No doubt you all realize the irony & absurdity of asking other forum members where they got their news update in a more timely fashion than Footballguys provided, on FBG's very own site. Literally the 1st opportunity this season to get a jump on my leagues, and Footballguys is last in line with the breaking news. Keep up the good work guys. Maybe spend less effort with begging people for subs and actually doing what I already paid you for. 

No doubt you all realize the irony & absurdity of asking other forum members where they got their news update in a more timely fashion than Footballguys provided, on FBG's very own site. Literally the 1st opportunity this season to get a jump on my leagues, and Footballguys is last in line with the breaking news. Keep up the good work guys. Maybe spend less effort with begging people for subs and actually doing what I already paid you for. 
I had a FBG email within 15 seconds of my buddy’s text. 

They were very timely. This criticism seems unwarranted. 

I'm not going to help air out the dirty laundry here, but I agree.  I didn't get my information directly from FBG, but from the forums.  I had updates from ESPN and Bleacher Report too before you showed up miffed about not getting an update.  I get it.  I simply just want to cover all my bases and am not solely trying to disrespect the staff of FBG.  I think they do a pretty good job.  Just trying to see what else is out there for some of the people who broke the news within this community; because the members make this a really strong website for me to draft/pick-up sleepers&stashes, etc. 

I'm not going to help air out the dirty laundry here, but I agree.  I didn't get my information directly from FBG, but from the forums.  I had updates from ESPN and Bleacher Report too before you showed up miffed about not getting an update.  I get it.  I simply just want to cover all my bases and am not solely trying to disrespect the staff of FBG.  I think they do a pretty good job.  Just trying to see what else is out there for some of the people who broke the news within this community; because the members make this a really strong website for me to draft/pick-up sleepers&stashes, etc. 

Their weekly content and matchups, rankings, etc is good. The breaking news information department gets an F-. This isn't 2005, you gotta automate that #### Joe. Get some real IT people on your team. 

I had a FBG email within 15 seconds of my buddy’s text. 

They were very timely. This criticism seems unwarranted. 
I didn't get an email until 3:52PM (CST) and I had already picked up Ty'Son Williams by 3:08PM (CST).  I am not a paid subscriber though... Not here to bash FBG either. 

Their weekly content and matchups, rankings, etc is good. The breaking news information department gets an F-. This isn't 2005, you gotta automate that #### Joe. Get some real IT people on your team. 
Wouldn’t that just be redundant to what a lot of free services already do?

what would be the point?

Joe Bryant is a good dude. People here generally have his back 

You’ll be good 
I mean, even if he wasn’t, I don’t expect any single source to be omnipresent.

One thing I’ve noticed is that FBG tends to wait until injuries are confirmed.

I could see both sides of this one - some want the fastest information. Some want the most accurate. 

I’d hate to drop a player and add a player then find out it was over a meaningless bump or bruise. 

I’m not really defending Joe so much as the quality of service I get from FBG. I’ve certainly been apprised of injuries from them faster than others in the past. 

There’s a lot of news out there. Not every service is going to scoop it every time. 

Wouldn’t that just be redundant to what a lot of free services already do?

what would be the point?
Really? There's no point in a paid service providing timely information in a hobby that literally depends on timely information? Really? Is that your position, or are you just being obtuse?

So, I didn't draft a kicker in one league and haven't known who to drop.  Should I drop Edwards??  Yahoo only has him listed as Doubful (🤬🤬) so I can't IR him.

Really? There's no point in a paid service providing timely information in a hobby that literally depends on timely information? Really? Is that your position, or are you just being obtuse?
do you pay a guy to cut your grass and then say “hey, why didn’t you trim the trees?”

It’s an email….not a text alert…we get analysis….that’s the job

Users who are viewing this thread