What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joseph Addai IND (1 Viewer)

newbvick

Footballguy
per Rotoworld

Joseph Addai was forced out of Thursday's preseason game against the Packers with a concussion.

Addai was lit up by Packers linebacker Rob Francois on the sideline early in the third quarter. To that point, Addai had excelled as the Colts' feature back, rushing seven times for 60 yards and catching two passes for 40 more yards. As long as the concussion clears up this week, Addai is safe as a low-end RB2.

dont fk with the pack, sonny boy addai. also, take out your first stringers when we take out ours...otherwise the 2s will feast on you....ZOMBO ALERT

DING DONG

The window could start cracking for Donald Brown. He better be learning some pass protection.

Bump up Peyton Manning.
I missed the big run that Addai must have had at some point. All I could think about when the Colts were on the field was that Manning is going to break the single season pssing yds record by Marino of 5,084 yds unless Rodgers beats him to it. Indy was passing every time it seemed. And now he has Wayne, Clark, Garcon with some experience, Gonzalez back, Collie in the cuts and the slot, Addai looked great when he was on the field catching the ball...Manning has as good a chance as anyone of being the #1 QB in FF this year and perhaps by a decent margin. I could also say the same about Rodgers, this league is scary there are so many good QBs at the top tier level. Sorry to be long winded but I agree to a point with Winks. How far can you bump him from #3 though??? #1?

2 weeks till week 1, I'm sure he'll be fine by then. Means little outside of helping get more reps to Moore, Hart, James, etc.. to iron out the bottom of the depth chart...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump up Peyton Manning.
I missed the big run that Addai must have had at some point. All I could think about when the Colts were on the field was that Manning is going to break the single season pssing yds record by Marino of 5,084 yds unless Rodgers beats him to it. Indy was passing every time it seemed. And now he has Wayne, Clark, Garcon with some experience, Gonzalez back, Collie in the cuts and the slot, Addai looked great when he was on the field catching the ball...Manning has as good a chance as anyone of being the #1 QB in FF this year and perhaps by a decent margin. I could also say the same about Rodgers, this league is scary there are so many good QBs at the top tier level. Sorry to be long winded but I agree to a point with Winks. How far can you bump him from #3 though??? #1?
I think that he was maybe being facetious...some.

Bump up Peyton Manning.
Good point.I generally prefer to predict qb's who can scramble to be the top guy (as those rushing yards can really add up). But if Addai is out Donald Brown is certainly in for a bump...but I don't think he'll get everything Addai would have received.I generally bump an entire team's offense down a bit if one of their key players gets hurt and might miss time. But I don't think that fits the Colts offense - as long as Peyton Manning is back there, SOMEBODY is going to score points. If the rb is hurt that's all the more scoring for Peyton to keep to himself. Though you're right...how to bump him over Rodgers or Brees?

Bump up Peyton Manning.
I think that he was maybe being facetious...some.
Not at all, actually. IF Addai misses some time I truly believe Peyton is in for a bump.

Bump up Peyton Manning.
Good point.I generally prefer to predict qb's who can scramble to be the top guy (as those rushing yards can really add up). But if Addai is out Donald Brown is certainly in for a bump...but I don't think he'll get everything Addai would have received.I generally bump an entire team's offense down a bit if one of their key players gets hurt and might miss time. But I don't think that fits the Colts offense - as long as Peyton Manning is back there, SOMEBODY is going to score points. If the rb is hurt that's all the more scoring for Peyton to keep to himself. Though you're right...how to bump him over Rodgers or Brees?
Let's put it this way then...those getting Manning in the mid to late 2nd or later are getting a steal because they are pairing him with a solid player in the 1st vs guys taking Brees in the middle of the 1st which I've seen in plenty of redrafts this year.

DING DONGThe window could start cracking for Donald Brown. He better be learning some pass protection.
He'd also better learn to run the ball well. Addai has looked better than him from what I've seen so far.
I tend to agree with you, but to be fair, we have a much smaller sample size of Brown's body of work with the starters. I'd like to see him get a game or two where he's the featured back. Perhaps he's one of those "groove" backs.

DING DONGThe window could start cracking for Donald Brown. He better be learning some pass protection.
He'd also better learn to run the ball well. Addai has looked better than him from what I've seen so far.
I tend to agree with you, but to be fair, we have a much smaller sample size of Brown's body of work with the starters. I'd like to see him get a game or two where he's the featured back. Perhaps he's one of those "groove" backs.
probably doesn't belong in this thread, but how is brown's blocking?i know addai is good. if brown isn't good at pick up it could be a bump down to peyton, no?

probably doesn't belong in this thread, but how is brown's blocking?i know addai is good. if brown isn't good at pick up it could be a bump down to peyton, no?
That's been Brown's supposed achille's heal thus far. I think he's done an ok job in the limited amount time I've watched him but there have been some reports to the contrary from practices. I think most young backs have a ton of growing to do in regards to that though. They don't see the elaborate blitz schemes of the pro game and I would also venture to say they don't make blocking a priority when they are big RB man on campus. When you are protecting a first ballot HOFer, you better make it a part of your "A" game quick or they'll find someone who will.If Addai had long term effects and Brown got significant playing time, I think you might see a bit of a scaled down playbook until they felt comfy with Brown's ability to block. Again, he needs a more sustained body of work to truly judge IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth I've read that he was examined by trainners then went over to the sideline to talk with teammates. I assume the next step is to be cleared by a doctors for full contact which he has 2 weeks before the regualr season.

per Twitter from RapidReports

12 minutes ago - RB Joseph Addai said after the game that he didn't think he suffered a concussion. He described his injury more like he had the wind knocked out of him. Colts RapidReports

For what it's worth I've read that he was examined by trainners then went over to the sideline to talk with teammates. I assume the next step is to be cleared by a doctors for full contact which he has 2 weeks before the regualr season.
He'll probably be ok. The one thing that did really bother me is that it wasn't just the initial hit, his head slammed into the turf rather lifelessly. If the initial hit saw him seeing stars, that 2nd collision could have been truly the damaging.

per Twitter from RapidReports12 minutes ago - RB Joseph Addai said after the game that he didn't think he suffered a concussion. He described his injury more like he had the wind knocked out of him. Colts RapidReports
Ridiculous.Unless air left his lungs through his head. It was helmet to helmet.

per Twitter from RapidReports12 minutes ago - RB Joseph Addai said after the game that he didn't think he suffered a concussion. He described his injury more like he had the wind knocked out of him. Colts RapidReports
He's saying it wasn't a concussion so that he can get back on the field.
Starters don't care about getting back on the field for the 4th preseason game. Even if it is a concussion it's pretty likely he will be back for week 1.

I just report what I come across. You read into it how you will.No other updates today other than he looked coherent during post-game interviews and said that the trainers didn't run any tests on him. Caldwell said we would find out more today and that they will take it from there.

I just report what I come across. You read into it how you will.No other updates today other than he looked coherent during post-game interviews and said that the trainers didn't run any tests on him. Caldwell said we would find out more today and that they will take it from there.
This may be true, but I thought he looked a bit dazed on the sidelines right after the play.

Didn't see the play but while concussions are being taken more seriously by the league, I doubt this will affect his starting status for game 1. Repeated concussions could affect a players longevity in the league, however.

az_prof said:
Didn't see the play but while concussions are being taken more seriously by the league, I doubt this will affect his starting status for game 1. Repeated concussions could affect a players longevity in the league, however.
Addai got absolutely lit up, I wouldn't be surprised if he was knocked out when he hit the ground. Did anyone see him try to sit up and fall back down twice as the camera panned into the endzone?

Users who are viewing this thread