What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaton Mitchell, BAL (2 Viewers)

Ravens HC John Harbaugh said Keaton Mitchell (hamstring) is “week-to-week” with a chance to play in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

Mitchell caught one pass for seven yards in his first touch of the season. The rookie running back missed the first four games of the season recovering from a shoulder injury, and could miss at least one game with this hamstring injury. Harbaugh said Mitchell’s injury isn’t significant but he has a better chance of playing in Week 9 than he does in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

Any chance he takes over? Or was this just garbage time stuff?

Seems like Gus ain’t going away…

% of FAAB for this lottery ticket?

The 4th quarter was all 2nd string but he scored and broke a long one before that
Hard to say because everyone has been touting that he could do this, and here he is.

Touting him as Achane light on Reddit… or BChane.

He was involved earlier in this game and not just garbage time.

He’s been very not involved before this.

He has to be rostered. I’m sad I gave up on him recently, and also sad as a Gus owner that he’ll likely be taking touches and turn this into a much harder to predict 3 headed monster which Baltimore always seems to have.

Already debating spending most of my remaining FAAB on this guy. He brings something to the Ravens RBs that they don't have: speed. It's barren out there. How many more RBs are going to emerge at this point? A couple maybe, if that?

Already debating spending most of my remaining FAAB on this guy. He brings something to the Ravens RBs that they don't have: speed. It's barren out there. How many more RBs are going to emerge at this point? A couple maybe, if that?
I’ve stubbornly held onto the top waiver priority in my big dollar league … drafted well, so it’s been fine.

This feels like a the time, and player to use that waiver on. He fits the bill. Explosive rookie RB, mid season, I’m a team that is one of the best in the league.

Bang.

I would tread a little lightly here until this thing shakes out unless you're desperate. Hill got the most carries yesterday and Edwards had himself a nice day.

If forced today to roster a Baltimore RB, I'd take Gus. Now I realize most FF players' choice won't be "take a Ravens RB" (I'm guessing Edwards is already owned in most leagues) - just saying don't expect Mitchell to replicate yesterday every week and Gus is going to get most of the non-Lamar GL carries.

I would tread a little lightly here until this thing shakes out unless you're desperate. Hill got the most carries yesterday and Edwards had himself a nice day.

If forced today to roster a Baltimore RB, I'd take Gus. Now I realize most FF players' choice won't be "take a Ravens RB" (I'm guessing Edwards is already owned in most leagues) - just saying don't expect Mitchell to replicate yesterday every week and Gus is going to get most of the non-Lamar GL carries.

There is no choice...Gus should be rostered. He has 5tds over the last 2 weeks and that opportunity is not going to change

Mitchell might get more of Hill's work but i believe the Ravens like stability and veterans so he better master the rest of the game

Had a this guy on my watch list all year. Waited one week too long to add him to the roster.

We all have, right? Or at a minimum anyone who plays the RB lotto game.

Our league leader (who I beat like a snare drum this week) had him for 6 days (10/5-10/11), then it was my turn, held him for 4 days (10/13-10/17.) Been sitting there for 3 weeks.

Every weekend the 2nd main WW run, I look around for guys who might be next week's hot add. He was in consideration. Aw well, can't roll that FAAB over, how many more of these will there be?

I don't think he's the next Achane; I'm expecting more like McLaughlin. Fun guy to watch and he'll have a couple high RB2 games but there's no way at his size he'll be a league winner.

Ravens HC John Harbaugh said, “I’m sure there will be a rotation,” when questioned about Keaton Mitchell earning more playing time.

Reporters were understandably curious about how Harbaugh and the Ravens plan to deploy their running backs after Mitchell ripped off 138 yards and one touchdown on nine carries. The Undrafted rookie took two of his carries for 40 and 60 yards, respectively, and looked explosive all afternoon. A must add off waivers this week, any kind of a rotation between Mitchell, Gus Edwards, and Justice Hill will prove fustrating for fantasy managers, which could make this a bit of a “wait and see” situation heading into Week 10 against the Browns.

1st Qtr
Justice Hill - 3 carries for 10 yards
Gus Edwards - 2 carries for 3 yards
End of 1st score: BAL 0, SEA 0

2nd Qtr
Keaton Mitchell - 4 carries for 37 yards
Gus Edwards - 2 carries for 7 yards & 2 touchdowns
Justice Hill - 1 carry for 3 yards
Halftime score: BAL 17, SEA 3

3rd Qtr
Keaton Mitchell - 3 carries for 41 yards & 1 touchdown
Justice Hill - 3 carries for 7 yards
Gus Edwards - 1 carry for 42 yards
End of 3rd score: BAL 30, SEA 3

4th Qtr
Justice Hill - 6 carries for 20 yards
Keaton Mitchell - 2 carries for 60 yards
Final score: BAL 37, SEA 3

I added him after the draft and have been holding as a pure scratcher. I appreciate a reserved approach. He's proved it for a game, though. Not every guy can say that. If he caught Harbaugh's attention, it's on.

I'm praying he isn't wrapped up in some Jordan Mason like holding pattern.

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

IIRC the snaps were Hill 48, Gus 14, Keaton 14.
  • Hill 13-40 1 target 0 rec RB45
  • Edwards 5-52-2 0 targets RB11 lol
  • Mitchell 9-138 1 target 1-(-4) RB5

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

That's crazy that Hill is being utilized that much more than Edwards. Maybe he is the true RB1 in Baltimore lol

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

That's crazy that Hill is being utilized that much more than Edwards. Maybe he is the true RB1 in Baltimore lol
It’s crazy that Hill is being utilized that much more than pretty much anyone

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

It’s crazy that Hill is being utilized that much more than pretty much anyone
Hill had 4 in the first half and 9 in the second. One might argue that he’s the least valuable on the roster and with a big lead… they let him salt away most of the second half with Keaton sprinkled in as well.

Gus had one second half carry… a big one… and then wasn’t used anymore.

The Deuce was loose Sunday! Keaton's nickname at ECU was Deuce, and he was so much fun to watch in college. I'm so happy for him that he got an opportunity to play this past Sunday, and he made the most of it. I hope more opportunities are ahead for him. :pirate:

In a short bench league I’d have to drop Warren for him, which I’m not sure is the right move. He did look awfully spry out there though. Achane-esque

Could be part of backfield rotation​

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh suggested Monday that Mitchell could be in line an uptick in snaps moving forward as part of a three-man committee with Gus Edwards and Justice Hill, Jonas Shaffer of TheBaltimoreBanner.com reports. "I'm sure there'll be a rotation," Harbaugh said.
Advice: Though Harbaugh didn't go into specifics regarding what Mitchell's role might look like in the weeks to come, the undrafted rookie out of East Carolina may have earned himself a regular share of the backfield snaps and touches after a breakout performance in this past Sunday's 37-3 win over Seattle. After recording no carries in his first two NFL games, Mitchell gained 11, nine, nine and eight yards on four totes in the second quarter, then added a 40-yard touchdown run in the third quarter and a 60-yard scamper in the fourth. Given that Mitchell's 138 rushing yards didn't come purely in garbage time, he may have a good chance at usurping Hill for the top change-of-pace role behind Edwards, who should remain Baltimore's preferred early-down and goal-line back. Hill actually led the trio of backs with 13 carries (for 40 yards) against Seattle, though six of those touches came in the fourth quarter. Moreover, Hill is averaging a more modest 4.3 yards per carry and 4.5 yards per reception this season, while Mitchell has flashed more big-play upside, albeit in a smaller sample. Mitchell doesn't look to be a dependable option in fantasy lineups at this time, but he profiles as an intriguing speculative pickup in the event he pushes into a larger role on the heels of his big Week 9 outing.

per Yahoo

This point in the season, who isn't running to the waiver wire to scoop this guy up? BAL is going to run the ball. They're going to want to keep their RBs fresh for the season. Justice Hill, although being there for what seems to have been 15 years, he just isn't the guy. Gus Bus is 28 and, while he'll be the goal line back (along with Lamar), just doesn't look like he's a bell cow. Mitchell has pop and shiftiness. He looks to have speed. The main concerns on him would be A) can he block/pick up the blitz and B) does he have fumble issues?

Seems like every year, there's a guy who just "materializes" to help a team go deep into their leagues fantasy playoffs. Mitchell feels like that guy.

Same mold as Achane and McGloughlin, tiny but mighty SPEEDsters. Not as talented as the former, but on a much better offense with less formidable running mates than the latter. Trying to roster him where I can to see if he can usurp Hill, as the lightning to the Thunder Bus.

Ravens and/or Keaton insiders,

How's Mitchell's pass pro compared to Hill's?

Same mold as Achane and McGloughlin, tiny but mighty SPEEDsters. Not as talented as the former, but on a much better offense with less formidable running mates than the latter. Trying to roster him where I can to see if he can usurp Hill, as the lightning to the Thunder Bus.

Ravens and/or Keaton insiders,

How's Mitchell's pass pro compared to Hill's?
I read this online

He only had 2 pass blocking snaps in the preseason, with a 76.2 PFF grade, which led the Ravens’ backfield. He graded out extremely poorly in pass blocking in college though, particularly last year.

Fwiw Gus is on pace for 200 rushing attempts right now while he has previously been under 150.

He has been getting about 3 more attempts per game than his career average.

Still plenty of opportunity remaining in this pie.

Somebody that knows better than me - this was a blowout game and his touches came late, no? I didn't get to see this one.

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

@barackdhouse

Starting him over Warren during a week where I need upside. Total crapshoot but will be fun to see how he pans out.

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

@barackdhouse
yeah ok that is super helpful! Thanks!

I don't trust Mitchell. Worth the risk of picking him up but I think his touches are going to be few and far between given Gus is the guy and Hill sees a ton of action.

I don't trust Mitchell. Worth the risk of picking him up but I think his touches are going to be few and far between given Gus is the guy and Hill sees a ton of action.

Sort of agree... the only problem is, if you play in a blind bid waiver format you basically have to go bank to get him, so the risk to picking him up is rather large. An explosive RB on a run first offense half way through the year? I bet half my league goes 75%+ on him, and the winner goes 95%+.

What % FAAB are you guys bidding?

I got him for $39 of a $200 budget. Was my final $39, so I’m at $0 going forward. Dynasty IDP league, where I’m set everywhere else but RB. With Miles Sanders and AJ Dillon backing up Barkley and Jonathan Taylor, I needed a better backup RB, or someone with some upside. Kind of surprised I got him actually. With Barkley and Taylor yet to have their bye, he hopefully gives me a better fill in player than Sanders and Dillon.

if Mitchell stays healthy and plays anywhere close to how he did Sunday, he'll see plenty of action.

I got him for $39 of a $200 budget. Was my final $39, so I’m at $0 going forward. Dynasty IDP league, where I’m set everywhere else but RB. With Miles Sanders and AJ Dillon backing up Barkley and Jonathan Taylor, I needed a better backup RB, or someone with some upside. Kind of surprised I got him actually. With Barkley and Taylor yet to have their bye, he hopefully gives me a better fill in player than Sanders and Dillon.
Are you me? I also got him for 39/200 and it was also my last 39

Users who are viewing this thread