What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Latavius Murray, BUF (1 Viewer)

OAK rushed the ball 13 times vs. HOU and was essentially playing catch-up the entire game, I'm not surprised Murray only got a single carry. If OAK wasn't such a #### show I'd probably hold in FPC since the benches are so deep and he was essentially free.

OAK rushed the ball 13 times vs. HOU and was essentially playing catch-up the entire game, I'm not surprised Murray only got a single carry. If OAK wasn't such a #### show I'd probably hold in FPC since the benches are so deep and he was essentially free.
Yeah, I was just thinking about the fact that the game was such a blowout, it probably wasn't a good indication of much. I'm assuming that MJD will be back in the mix next week, so I'm not seeing too much value in holding on to Murray.

Yeah, I was just thinking about the fact that the game was such a blowout, it probably wasn't a good indication of much. I'm assuming that MJD will be back in the mix next week, so I'm not seeing too much value in holding on to Murray.
Maurice Jones-Drew (hand surgery) "didn't sound optimistic" about playing in Week 3 when speaking to reporters on Monday.
The Raiders face the Patriots next. Jones-Drew has refused to provide details on his hand injury, and the Raiders laughably listed him as "questionable" on last Friday's injury report despite the fact that he never had any chance to play. If MJD can't go at New England, Darren McFadden would presumably continue to operate as Oakland's lead back. Latavius Murray got one touch in Week 2.

Long Ball Larry said:
Raider Nation said:
Murray will get plenty of work in garbage time this week (beginning roughly at the 10:00 mark of the 1st Q).
is there a reason that you think that will happen this week even though it didn't happen last week?
I was merely being humorous. Good luck predicting anything this team does.

Hang on if you can. Jury still out whether or not MJD has anything left in the tank, and DMC is running harder than ever but right at people. Murray could be the defacto starter next season.

jonboltz, on 18 Sept 2014 - 6:36 PM, said:MJD likely back. Safe to drop this guy in dynasty leagues?
McFadden is a FA next year, so even if they keep MJD, there's a decent chance that Murray becomes the primary backup. Of course they may bring in another RB, but if your bench is long enough, I'd consider hanging onto him until we find out the situation for next year.

Sparano is in. Check. They want to run the ball more. Check. Supposedly have soured on MJD and moving on. Check. Team is losing games rapidly and will be in development mode. Check. So why isn't there any information at all on the web or coming out of Oakland about their plans with Murray? There must be something really missing in his game for him not to get any run with this rag tag group of RBs. He has size, speed, health and has been in the system and seems all ready to go. Heck, even saw on PFF what a solid pass blocker he is. So what am I missing? Any Oakland homers or anyone out there know anything about their plans with Murray this week and going forward? This one borders on Whiz/Sankey conundrum!

I invested some picks to get him, but I too am really confused?

Is this the weekend that he will finally get some carries and this topic will be the hottest since Brandon Oliver?

Don't think so, but one can always hope. Any piece of information would be nice? Is he injured or something and they are just not telling?

That's most reasonable excuse I can think of. Where are the homers?

I dont understand how they start Carr and Mack and have a slight sign of a future, and roll out gimps like MJD and DMC at RB.

Go young!

Start Murray the rest of the year, see what you have. If he sucks, you can prepare to draft a RB next year. If he is a monster, then you know to look at OLine and defense.

That roster of theirs is awful.

Have a feeling Sparano is the type of guy that thinks he can bring out the best in guys line McFadden and Drew. Get ready for some Ricky/Ronnie wildcard packages Raider fans!

You have the option to do things like the guy who was just fired or really make needed changes. This should be interesting at least

Have a feeling Sparano is the type of guy that thinks he can bring out the best in guys line McFadden and Drew. Get ready for some Ricky/Ronnie wildcard packages Raider fans!
Those two are known quantities. And it's not good. They have to take a hard look at Murray sooner or later to see if he's the future. I'm betting on sooner.

Those two are known quantities. And it's not good. They have to take a hard look at Murray sooner or later to see if he's the future. I'm betting on sooner.
Do they really know what they have in MJD? He looked good in the preaseason and then got hurt in week 1. Even with Murray on my taxi squad, I'd be interested to see what MJD could do as the lead dog there with Murray spelling him instead of McFadden.

MJD looks shot to me. :shrug: He'll be 30 this offseason and he's closing in on 2,200 career touches. Oakland is obviously going nowhere with him.

What's the point?

I agree with RN. With exception to the one 30 yard TD run in preseason vs GB, MJD has done nothing to suggest he has any gas left in the tank. Do not understand why they aren't playing Murray to see if he has the ability to be a lead back.

Food for thought.

Andre Ellington went a few picks after LM. Zac Stacy went after Tyler Wilson. Let's also not forget Eddy Lacy going after Melenik Watson. Thanks Reggie! :bye:

I dont understand how they start Carr and Mack and have a slight sign of a future, and roll out gimps like MJD and DMC at RB.

Go young!

Start Murray the rest of the year, see what you have. If he sucks, you can prepare to draft a RB next year. If he is a monster, then you know to look at OLine and defense.

That roster of theirs is awful.
Probably still trying to win games. Probably want to have the back that is most likely to not screw up any assignments, including missing a block that gets their new young QB killed.

By any measure, week 6 is a bit early for benching all vets, and throwing all the young guys in there, whether they deserve it out not.

Hang on if you can. Jury still out whether or not MJD has anything left in the tank, and DMC is running harder than ever but right at people. Murray could be the defacto starter next season.
Or sooner. :)
I with you, my man! Li[SIZE=13.63636302948px]ke a baby needs a bottle, [/SIZE]I need Murray to emerge! MJD's play has been uninspiring, at best so the opportunity is there. If Murray emerges as the second coming of Jennins it would put me in the catbird's seat. Big If I know...

I'm holding, but it's extremely frustrating watching the Raiders not give him a chance are all. 4 carries in 6 games...

Users who are viewing this thread