What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (1 Viewer)

So what do we do with Saquon for the rest of the season now that it looks like Devito is going to be the starting QB?
I'm sure the volume will be there for Saquon but I doubt there will be corresponding production
You start him..

He is probably one of the top guys for breaking a long run and the QB won't matter. You guys act like Jones was Johnny U out there.
Jones at least was a credible threat to defenses based on his scrambling ability - you won't have that with DeVito.

I agree that you probably start Barkley unless you have much better options - volume is king. It may be ugly/inefficient volume, but it's still volume. I wouldn't try to predict the aforementioned game script of garbage time though, as that can be a fool's errand. Sometimes the game can get way out of hand to the point of the team not bothering to use Barkley down the stretch of games.

Thoughts on Barkley for this weekend's brutally tough matchup against the Cowboys?

Obviously going to be tough sledding for him with the defense totally scheming for him. For PPR leagues though, I think he might do OK with a bunch of screens to him and maybe they'll get close to the goal line once or twice.

Thoughts on Barkley for this weekend's brutally tough matchup against the Cowboys?

Obviously going to be tough sledding for him with the defense totally scheming for him. For PPR leagues though, I think he might do OK with a bunch of screens to him and maybe they'll get close to the goal line once or twice.
The uber depressing pervasive thought I keep coming back to is I actually wish he was just declared out this week so I had no choice but to bench him (I also roster Pollard, Rhamondre, and Aaron Jones). As it is, I feel like I need to start him though. It's a tough matchup for sure, but benching what's likely to be a floor of 20 rushing attempts and 5 targets feels like bad process. Hopefully they target him a lot out of the back field and he PPRs his way to an RB1 week.

Would I be insane to play Allgeier over Barkley this week? ATL at ARZ. My luck it would be the week ATL uses Bijan, who I am matched up against.
J Cook is my other option vs DEN. Maybe thats the play.

Would I be insane to play Allgeier over Barkley this week? ATL at ARZ. My luck it would be the week ATL uses Bijan, who I am matched up against.
Not insane, but not sure I'd do that if it's PPR - I would follow the volume even if it's ugly. Saquon is bound to get a bunch of dumpoffs and could break one or perhaps luck into a short yardage TD or two.

As a comparison, I am starting Barkley over Pollard, which is probably even more of a gamble. While "on paper" the matchup is obviously much juicier for Pollard, I've been burned many a time by trying to predict game script. I'd rather go with Saquon's more guaranteed volume.

Not insane, but not sure I'd do that if it's PPR - I would follow the volume even if it's ugly. Saquon is bound to get a bunch of dumpoffs and could break one or perhaps luck into a short yardage TD or two.

As a comparison, I am starting Barkley over Pollard, which is probably even more of a gamble. While "on paper" the matchup is obviously much juicier for Pollard, I've been burned many a time by trying to predict game script. I'd rather go with Saquon's more guaranteed volume.
I am benching Barkley in favor of JJacobs this weekend.

That makes more sense - you know you'll get similar volume with Jacobs along with a more credible surrounding offense.

Against the Jets? Ah, the Giants have Dallas, right?

Never mind. I was going to say bad move, but it's not such an awful one. I don't expect the Giants to go anywhere vs. Dallas, though I think they can be run on a bit.

Translation: I better pick up my game big time over the next several weeks or I may need a second job. And I'm looking at you Danny DeVito and the OL.
He has made almost 70MM banked.......yeah he will be just fine.
Yeah he’s fine - was joking - but he’s likely going to have a rude awakening next year about how much his salary is going to drop.

Are we still in the “always start your studs“ category this week? Because I’m seriously tempted to play Metcalf (benched for Tank Dell) or Rashee Rice over him. This situation is horrible and I don’t know if enough is talked about the o line injuries. They’ve missed their best tackle for weeks and didn’t he come back last week only to get hurt again right away? I can’t afford 60 combined yards an no scores…

Are we still in the “always start your studs“ category this week? Because I’m seriously tempted to play Metcalf (benched for Tank Dell) or Rashee Rice over him. This situation is horrible and I don’t know if enough is talked about the o line injuries. They’ve missed their best tackle for weeks and didn’t he come back last week only to get hurt again right away? I can’t afford 60 combined yards an no scores…
Metcalf is equally good for 60 yards and no scores.

Trying to figure out who to bench in order to start Barkley in one of my FFPC SuperFlex teams. D Henry against a team he historically owns? Aiyuk? Nakua? I don't really have anything against Barkley's production but I think I can stomach benching him more than either of those three options. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if he outscores all of them but good luck picking here. First world problems.

Trying to figure out who to bench in order to start Barkley in one of my FFPC SuperFlex teams. D Henry against a team he historically owns? Aiyuk? Nakua? I don't really have anything against Barkley's production but I think I can stomach benching him more than either of those three options. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if he outscores all of them but good luck picking here. First world problems.
I'd personally start over Puka. He's had single digit games in 3 of 4. He's getting targets just hasnt been great. Even in a dumpster fire Barkley has been decent

Yesterday was our trade deadline in our Dynasty. Sent offers to both the Pollard owner (straight up trade) and Swift Owner (Barkley and a 2024 second for Swift) to no response. Then posted on our league board to send an offer, just want a comparable starting RB. Crickets. Thank goodness I did not get an offer. His point total yesterday is basically my lead right now this week. Not that anyone cares, LOL just had to say I am a Saquon fan again!

I almost benched him for Achane and then thought “nah, I’m going to wait until Achane shows he’s healthy for a full week before playing him” Switched Achane out for Barkley 2 minutes before game time. I know this is a CSB moment, but it is 😎

Yesterday was our trade deadline in our Dynasty. Sent offers to both the Pollard owner (straight up trade) and Swift Owner (Barkley and a 2024 second for Swift) to no response. Then posted on our league board to send an offer, just want a comparable starting RB. Crickets. Thank goodness I did not get an offer. His point total yesterday is basically my lead right now this week. Not that anyone cares, LOL just had to say I am a Saquon fan again!
I have him in dynasty as well. I am torn on what to do with him, trade or hold on to. I have Breece, Jv Williams, J Cook, Herbet and Mitchell as well, so I got a nice group of RBs. but best offer I got was a 2nd and Sutton....meh! I want a TE, have Mayer, but not sold on that team(although he is starting to get some points).

Crickets in here since late November. Likely for good reason.

Not holding out hope. But starting Saquon tonight with pretty big ramifications on the line with a decent performance.

I continue to be surprised he doesn’t get many dump offs.

If Breece can do it this week… can Saquon?

Crickets in here since late November. Likely for good reason.

Not holding out hope. But starting Saquon tonight with pretty big ramifications on the line with a decent performance.

I continue to be surprised he doesn’t get many dump offs.

If Breece can do it this week… can Saquon?
The guy runs for a lot of 1 yard and negative yard runs behind that line.

And I’m still surprised Devito doesn’t dump it off to him more.

But the son of a gun pulled it off tonight.

Even with the horrendous fumble. A nice stat line and picked up a crucial first down to help them get into field goal range late.

Staying with him over Higgins and Etienne in my Flex this week .. Standard Scoring
He got me here. So I’m rolling with him as well.

Big underdog after getting slaughtered by Carr, Kamara, Puka and Kyren Thursday night.

Gimme one of those classic multi TD games Barkley.

The good news is that his last 4 weeks… every other game has been a great game… and this is an every other week!

Staying with him over Higgins and Etienne in my Flex this week .. Standard Scoring
He got me here. So I’m rolling with him as well.

Big underdog after getting slaughtered by Carr, Kamara, Puka and Kyren Thursday night.

Gimme one of those classic multi TD games Barkley.

The good news is that his last 4 weeks… every other game has been a great game… and this is an every other week!
Hoping your every other week theory works .. I am down as well. His Puka to my Kupp

Barkley was one of the best prospects ever and...it's been a lot of years and a lot of injuries.
He's very good but he's going to have to accept he isn't breaking the bank with a new contract.
He reminds me of Demarco Murray as a free agent. Murray was second in the NFL in rushing(career at that point- bleh on Eagles, excellent with Cowboys) and thought he showed the world he is a top back. The Titans went with Henry and Dion Lewis and Murray went around the NFL turning down decent offers that he thought were too low. Eventually there weren't any spots open for him and...he was soon a college assistant coach.
Barkley or probably his agent, has gotta realize his place in the market now because it is full of plenty of older talented backs w injury history.
I love watching his highlights. The Giants line did stink, but I'm afraid he's going to be out of work if his agent keeps wanting big $.
Another topic another day- I'd sign three of Henry, Barkley, Ekeler, Cook, and Hunt and run it down a Ds throat with a cheap QB but...the NFL system is to spend 30+ on a QB and have a cheapish RB instead.
We saw Cook and Hunt and Fournette on the corner with the "will work for food" sign this past year. Barkley's agent has to recognize the market isn't favorable and sell the idea of incentives to get him paid

Chargers are apparently going to make a play to get Barkley.
Hadn't thought about the Chargers being a destination for Saquon given that they're already moving on from an older RB, but given that it's a totally new coaching staff, anything goes.

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about the Chargers being a destination for Saquon given that they're already moving on from an older RB, but given that it's a totally new coaching staff, anything goes.

I saw your question before. It's Ryan Leaf who is the source of the opinion. Considering they're way over the cap, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Not that I don't appreciate Racki posting it—it just seems to not add up and it's one guy's (Leaf's, that is) opinion.

Last edited:

I saw your question before. It's Ryan Leaf who is the source of the opinion. Considering they're way over the cap, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Not that I don't appreciate Racki posting it—it just seems to not add up and it's one guy's opinion.
Yeah, I removed the question because I did some research rather than leaving it out there. Seems like Saquon potentially to the Chargers is mentioned in a few places on Twitter, but perhaps it all emanates from Leaf's opinion.

I've also heard the Texans as a potential team of interest, but it's all idle speculation at this point. He may just end up back with the Jints.

I'd guess at least a 75% chance he stays in NY.
I just don't get why he would want to stay on a team where he will never win a championship or even go on a title chase at. Giants have done nothing to improve their team since they drafted Barkley.

I saw your question before. It's Ryan Leaf who is the source of the opinion. Considering they're way over the cap, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Not that I don't appreciate Racki posting it—it just seems to not add up and it's one guy's (Leaf's, that is) opinion.
Yeah, I don't buy Leaf either, but the fact Harbaugh who has openly said how much he loves Barkley is now coach there it makes it at least interesting and something to watch.
As a massive Barkley fan, I just want him out of NY. I just think his talents are wasted.

Yuck

Have to decide in the next week or so if I want to try to renegotiate his contract, which may entail losing him. Taking up a big chunk of my cap but would be reasonable if he was truly elite. If just “solid”, money can be spent better elsewhere. As good as Saquan is, I don’t see him being elite behind that line with Jones stealing what limited goal line opportunities they do have.

I keep looking at Dallas. How much more expensive would he be than Pollard? Seems like a Jerry move.

Yuck

Have to decide in the next week or so if I want to try to renegotiate his contract, which may entail losing him. Taking up a big chunk of my cap but would be reasonable if he was truly elite. If just “solid”, money can be spent better elsewhere. As good as Saquan is, I don’t see him being elite behind that line with Jones stealing what limited goal line opportunities they do have.

I keep looking at Dallas. How much more expensive would he be than Pollard? Seems like a Jerry move.
Nothing to go on, but I could see the Eagles potentially in the mix as well (obviously only if interested). Swift is an UFA himself so he could be on the move. The Eagles could stick it to their hated rivals up the New Jersey Turnpike, plus Saquon grew up in eastern Pennsylvania and went to school not far away at Penn State.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread