What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

Keyshawn Vaughn is upset Tucker took his job and has gone awol from Bucs’ practice this week.

Not that he was a threat, but he’s likely to be released with that kind of behavior.

Tucker is the clear #2.
Big baby
Bowles said it was for personal reasons, but made it clear his absence was not excused. I imagine he has been informed that he'll be inactive on gamedays and wasn't thrilled with the news.

Keyshawn Vaughn is upset Tucker took his job and has gone awol from Bucs’ practice this week.

Not that he was a threat, but he’s likely to be released with that kind of behavior.

Tucker is the clear #2.
Big baby
Bowles said it was for personal reasons, but made it clear his absence was not excused. I imagine he has been informed that he'll be inactive on gamedays and wasn't thrilled with the news.

A severe case of Benchitis...

Tucker is the clear #2.
Big baby

A severe case of Benchitis...

Tucker is the clear #2.

it's a bold strategy Cotton...let's see if it pays off for em.
Dude has never done close to anything in the league lol
Not sure if we're talking about Vaughn, Tucker or C. Otton the TE, or all three.
Vaughn. At least Tucker has an excuse lol

Sean Tucker rushed five times for 15 yards in the Buccaneers’ Week 1 win over the Vikings, adding two receptions for nine additional yards.

Rookie Sean Tucker saw usage in the second and fourth quarters of the Buccaneers’ Week 1 game. He has a low share of Tampa Bay’s backfield, but is a premium handcuff. Tucker will build upon his debut against the Bears in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

Wayyyyy too early to gloat, but 39 yards on 17 carries (2.3 YPC) by Rachaad White is not doing much to dispel the JAG talk.

To be fair, it's only one game, and the Vikes are probably an above average opponent. He'll have better weeks.

Only concrete comment I have is that my urgency to roster Tucker in redraft would be rising after today. He has cleared some major hurdles in the last few months. Getting the OK to play football was a big one. Making the 53 as a UDFA was another big one. Being named RB2 entering the season and then, in fact, getting the 2nd most touches in the very first game is another arrow up. All positive signs, albeit not enough to justify crazy excitement yet.

DET used a top 15 pick on Gibbs and gave him 9 touches in week one. TB signed Tucker as a UDFA and gave him 7 touches in week one. Not the worst starting point for a rookie back. 🧐

I didn’t watch the game today. How was it the perception for those watching him? The fantasy leaderboard seems awful. More rush attempts but horrible yds/att.

I didn’t watch the game today. How was it the perception for those watching him? The fantasy leaderboard seems awful. More rush attempts but horrible yds/att.
Didn’t get much out of his opportunities today, and White had several big/clutch plays designed for him at crucial moments that were successful.

From what little I seen white looked like an actual nfl rb today. I didn’t see Tucker at all but games like this lead to the couch with Akers… yeesh

Unfortunately he didn't do much with his limited touches early season. Still could do something later in the year.

Hard to keep rostered right now. Looks like Vaughan is ahead of him, or was before the bye.
This week will be telling on who the number two is. They claim Vaughn got run because he was used to the turf they played on(I know I known). But yes at this point he's just another potential cuff.

Hard to keep rostered right now. Looks like Vaughan is ahead of him, or was before the bye.
This week will be telling on who the number two is. They claim Vaughn got run because he was used to the turf they played on(I know I known). But yes at this point he's just another potential cuff.
Well there's our answer ...

He did do very poorly with his 15 carries, but that's so early for them (or me) to just give up on him.

Arrow down since the season started, obviously. He didn't produce and now he's not even getting snaps. That's not good.

A bullish case would be...

1. Merely making the roster as a UDFA is already beating the odds. Most UDFAs are camp cuts. The Bucs must have seen something in Tucker to give him a roster spot. They also gave him some opportunities early in the year, which indicates some optimism

2. There's no way he's as bad as he's been so far. He's averaging 1.5 YPC. Unless he's the worst RB in the history of the NFL, there's no way that's even close to his "true" performance level. The sample size is too small and the quality of opportunities is too low to have huge predictive value.

On that note...

3. Every back on this team has struggled so far. Tampa ranks dead last in the NFL with a team average of 3.0 YPC. This appears to be a horrendously bad running attack, even if you take Tucker out of the equation. Quite literally the worst running game in the league.

If you weren't a fan, there's no reason to look at his season and be optimistic. On the other hand, I don't think we can rule out eventual success yet. Ideally we'll get a chance to see what he can do with more and/or better opportunities.

Intuitively, you'd think defenses would wear down over the course of the season due to the accumulation of injuries and fatigue, which would maybe make the sledding easier for fresh legs in the back half of the schedule.

White is catching the rock the whole game , got 17 points tonight , im not sure anyone is going to push hi out of that roll , they need a bull to pound the rock

Obviously dropped in all redraft leagues a long time ago but hopefully if you owned him in dynasty you used a taxi spot on him. Going to hold in one of my taxi spots until I need the room next year. Would take an injury to White most likely for him to get another shot.

Tucker was my favorite lotto ticket RB play going into this season. But we’re halfway through the season, my dynasty league doesn’t have that many bench spots and has no taxi squad, I was missing out on a bunch of more valuable players by favoring him, and most importantly he’s trending backwards (from RB2 to begin the year to demoted behind Vaughn to being a healthy inactive).

I liked Tucker most not just for his college profile but I also thought he had a chance to win the job over White in due time. Maybe he still does but it doesn’t look like it’s happening this year. The Bucs OL isn’t doing any of the RBs any favors but at least White still continues to produce as a pass catcher. I’m disappointed but I’m also doing myself a disservice if I hold my lotto for too long.

Will revisit if/when Tucker trends in a better direction. But right now I’m trying to contend for a playoff spot in my league, my team is on a losing streak, and injuries are starting to chip away at my bench depth so I had to cut my losses. As Weebs said if you have a taxi squad you may want to hold him anyway. Your mileage may vary.

If you can believe this story...week 1 I was reading this board about this guy's potential and I picked him up instead of mostert....season killing decision
To me, in the offseason they had to get a guy or draft one. They were quoted repeatedly as saying they really liked White. Where they drafted Tucker I read as a depth move. Did I have White in my lineup last night? No unfortunately, he's been hit or miss. What I really liked was the type of offseason he reportedly had. The argument for Tucker as I remember it was that White sucked. White's height to weight ratio doesn't lend itself, he's not going to bowl over defenders or lead the league in YAC. But possesses the requisite size to stick between his QB & a blitzer. And that length & soft hands out of the backfield, oh yeah. Could be wrong but until he starts sustaining injuries, he's a guy in this league.

Im baffled that there haven't been any reports as to the why he isn't getting any playing time. Which makes me even more concerned.

just saying his usage seem to quit 3 weeks ago and nothing sense. Seems like something would have had to change. Maybe im just annoyed it isn't working out though

Tucker might be joining the list of dart throws that dropped before they hit the board for me. Ross, boutte, prince and Tucker… 5th or 6th rd picks mostly so no big loss but dang it would be nice to see some points on the board from one of them. Yeesh

Tucker might be joining the list of dart throws that dropped before they hit the board for me. Ross, boutte, prince and Tucker… 5th or 6th rd picks mostly so no big loss but dang it would be nice to see some points on the board from one of them. Yeesh
I suppose in dynasty leagues with large rosters, or even better, taxi squads, you might as well hold him. Who are you going to replace him with, Craig Reynolds? As for leagues where you have smaller rosters and are hit by injury, I wouldn't blame you for dropping him. I did in one league and kept him in another. You can't have everyone you want.

I suppose in dynasty leagues with large rosters, or even better, taxi squads, you might as well hold him. Who are you going to replace him with, Craig Reynolds? As for leagues where you have smaller rosters and are hit by injury, I wouldn't blame you for dropping him. I did in one league and kept him in another. You can't have everyone you want.
Well… I’ve got reynolds rostered too(gibbs owner). Lol. There’s nothing on the wire in my dynasties. Bye week fillers at idp is really about all. I’m holding for sure though. Its just disappointing that there’s so many of these type of guys on my roster atm. It’s weird how some of these guys can be so dang good in college and do nothing in the nfl. A la lache seastrunk

Well… I’ve got reynolds rostered too(gibbs owner). Lol. There’s nothing on the wire in my dynasties. Bye week fillers at idp is really about all. I’m holding for sure though. Its just disappointing that there’s so many of these type of guys on my roster atm. It’s weird how some of these guys can be so dang good in college and do nothing in the nfl. A la lache seastrunk
I read that and I think I know where you are coming from, but at te end of the day either Tucker means something or he doesn’t. Right now he doesn’t mean anything.

He's on my dyno taxi squad and can sit there until the end of next season. Unless I get better options next off-season, I'll probably keep him and see what happens. Bucs will likely go through a lot of changes next off-season.

You just had to bring him up :hot:

Bucs will likely go through a lot of changes next off-season.
There’s a reasonable chance of that, but if so, I highly doubt that an UDFA in Tucker would be a consideration for a new coaching staff unless he really splashed the rest of the way.

Starting to look like Tucker is just another preseason hype guy that wasn’t.

There’s a reasonable chance of that, but if so, I highly doubt that an UDFA in Tucker would be a consideration for a new coaching staff unless he really splashed the rest of the way.

His only chance at this point is an injury to White. No way a coaching staff would roll out Edmonds and Vaughn as their RB rotation. Things can change fast both directions though.

His only chance at this point is an injury to White. No way a coaching staff would roll out Edmonds and Vaughn as their RB rotation. Things can change fast both directions though.
The best scenario is to be cut and get a fresh start somewhere else with a team that thinks better of him. He may be out of the league this time next year.

The best scenario is to be cut and get a fresh start somewhere else with a team that thinks better of him. He may be out of the league this time next year.

Not sure that would be the case since he went undrafted by all NFL teams. I understand the medical issue with his heart maybe scared off some teams but even if they liked him, why not take a shot in the late rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread