What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs are Overrated? (1 Viewer)

J Perusse

Footballguy
I believe Vereen was the only RB to eclipse 100 rushing yards yesterday. Tons of WRs had monster games. I understand the concept of scarcity and supply & demand and I also am cognizant of the fact that Week 1 is not even over yet, but I am done with the days of worrying about grabbing a RB within my first 3 picks.

The last 3 winners of my league have not had a top 12 RB on their team (.5 PPR). Last year I drafted Martin, McCoy, Morris, McGahee and Murray and finished 6th. With the amount of injuries at the RB position, I feel like your RB1 has a bigger chance to go down, plus there are more opportunities on the waiver wire to pick up guys who will get yards and pick up a TD.

Has anyone been on this bandwagon for a while now? I just can't justify the importance of a stud RB anymore. The league is clearly trending in a direction in which I can no longer count on a running back to lead my team to a victory, outside of AP who is an anomaly.

:shrug: you didn't see the extremely long debate thread we had about this leading up to the start of the season? :shrug:

My top 3 rbs were ad, rice, and shady.

No, they are not over rated. They are necessary. Because there aren't many of them.

imo it's not about whether there are only a few stud RBs (there are) or whether there are only a few stud WRs (there are), it's about whether you can find a stud RB in the late 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round or whether you should, instead, scoop up 1-3 of the stud WRs that are available there. but, we've been over this ad nosium already in the other thread.

not everyone is able to draft #1 overall and take ad.

Most of my leagues went rice Julio gore nicks Vernon luck Bradshaw vick three Wrs from giant wr bucket with upside.

We'll see if it works.

Yes for PPR I have gone some form of WR/WR/WR and TE or QB the first four rounds 3 out of the last 4 years(last year went McCoy/Marshall/Harvin).

Made the playoffs every year.

I finneshed #1 seed with most points scored 2 out of the 4 years and won the championship as the 4th seed (second in points) one year.

I have also been top 3 for the most WW transactions in everyone of these years. Sure it helps to draft well but IMO in season management plays a much larger role in sucess than wether or not you went RB/RB or WR/WR on draft day.

Users who are viewing this thread