What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB's or wr's? (1 Viewer)

Gman2k3

Footballguy
This is my first year in drafting in the #1 position. Our league starts 2 rb's, 2 wr's and a flex. TD'S =6PTS and 1 pt for 10 rushing or recieving. I've always loaded up on rb's the first 2 rounds and waited on wr's. This year from the #1 spot I could take a stud RB and grab 2 top wr's in the 2nd and 3rd but that would kill me with a reject #rb.

I would love to hear some ideas from those who have been in the #1 spot before.

TIA

do some practicing with mock drafts...see what you end up with for your RB2. you may be surprised.

I'm drafting at Antsports but the bozo's there can't seem to draft without timing out and ruining the draft. I just can't see not picking 2 rb's in the first 3 rounds. I was just looking for some advice on how you guys have done it from the 1 spot in the past.

I've done this in the past from the #1 spot, made the playoffs:

RB

WR

TE

RB

WR

QB

RB

WR

WR

But now I prefer to wait on TEs, and go something like this:

RB

WR

WR

RB - like either of the Taylors

RB - maybe Bush here?

QB

TE

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm drafting at Antsports but the bozo's there can't seem to draft without timing out and ruining the draft. I just can't see not picking 2 rb's in the first 3 rounds. I was just looking for some advice on how you guys have done it from the 1 spot in the past.
Try xpertsports.com. Do a few survivor leagues...They almost always finish.

Depends on how you leaguemates draft. In my league, the 3rd and 4th rounds, mostly WRs are taken, letting decent #2 and #3 RBs fall.

Id take the chance myself and grab 2WRs at the turn. Getting one of the big 3 RBs is like having 2 of the 2nd tier RBs, so youre at an advantage already. Grab 2 stud WRs and then a couple of RBs in 4 and 5 that you can play matchups with.

G'luck

I have done several mocks from the 1 spot this year. I think you need two RB's in the first 3 rounds. What is left in the 4/5th all have serious questions and you will never sleep at night. I have had good drafts going. RB/RB/WR and then usually RB/WR for the 4th and 5th. Had a decent draft yestereday that I went Rb/RB/TE (Gates) because all the top 5 Wr were already sucked up before the turn. Just mess around with it. I have done a few real drafts this year and it seems like everyone is sucking up RB's fast and there are still good wides left at the 4/5 turn.

My .02

Depends on the run of WRs in the 2nd. If two of my top tiered group is there I might take two WRs. However, I usually play in leagues that start 3 wrs. Also, it can depend on the scoring. PPR? It all depends on value and who I think will be there when I pick next.

You didn't specify league size, so I'm assuming 12 team. I'm also assuming that your league is full of knowledgeable owners and the latest you'll see a RB without huge warts is the end of round 3, and even then they are getting questionable.

Normally the only question you might have is 3 RBs, one of which is a backup, or 2 RBs and something else in the first 3 rounds. The fact that you have a flex where you can start 3 RBs should make even that debate moot. If you can get 3 starting RBs and play them all, and if one is injured just start a WR in his place, then by all means, take 3 starting RBs unless a great value at another position like Peyton falls to you there.

I may be different, but if your league has a Flex position, then I would draft 3 RBs with your first 3 picks and not look back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be different, but if your league has a Flex position, then I would draft 3 RBs with your first 3 picks and not look back.
One of my leagues just added the flex position this year to give us 1QB, 2RB, Flex, 2WR, and 1TE. My leaguemates thought I hoarded running backs before? I think this just makes the RBs more valuable. I've been doing the antsports mocks and going with 4 of my first 6 picks as RBs. Whats wrong with:L Johnson

Fitz

Harrison

Dillon

Addai or Dayne

Maroney

Warner or Delhomme

L J Smith or H Miller

Then fill out your back-up RBs with Kennison , McCardell , Givins.....

look for a mock draft here:FBGuys.com mock drafts

Users who are viewing this thread