What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Brown (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
Does this stiff have any value?

Drafted him figuring he'd come back week 2 & be McNabb's top target. He didn't play until Week 3, didn't even start, but finally got in the game & had 0 catches on 3 targets. I can't find any insight on this guy's role anywhere.

Have Baskett & Lewis supplanted him or was he being eased in & will resume starter role?

I can't rememebr McNabb having an all out favorite #1 WR except for Terrell Owens. Without a dominant WR star McNabb is going to spread the ball around. I dropped Reggie...

I can't rememebr McNabb having an all out favorite #1 WR except for Terrell Owens. Without a dominant WR star McNabb is going to spread the ball around. I dropped Reggie...
True, but......last year Curtis became only the 2nd 1000-yard receiver of the McNabb era. Possibly a sign of things to come?

There are no true #1 WRs in the Reid offense except when there is someone with TO-level talent. Otherwise, he views his WRs as interchangeable and has McNabb spread the ball around. If anything, the #1 WR on Philly is Westbrook.

Curtis' stats last year were inflated by a few huge games, particularly against Detroit's non-defense. He was no lock to repeat his 1000 yard season even if healthy.

I know McNabb spreads the ball around, but one of the WRs is usually a decent fantasy WR. Curtis's stats last year were really skewed by 2 big games. The 2nd half of the year, Brown was getting more looks.

I'd hate to drop Brown & have him do well this week & end up w/ 8 TDs the rest of the year.

Resident A said:
I'd hate to drop Brown & have him do well this week & end up w/ 8 TDs the rest of the year.
I wouldn't worry about that.
I would. If you have carried him this far it would be foolish to drop him now when it sounds like he is finally healthy and will see more looks. It is not at all clear that the others have supplanted him. He hasn't been healthy. We'll see this coming week.

Andy Reid said that they wanted to ease him back in and see how he came through the week before giving him a normal load. Not that that helps us know what a normal load is, but Week 3 apparently wasn't it.

I recall posting about this BEFORE the game against Pittsburgh.

Anyone expecting Brown to do anything significant last week was delusional.

WR's seeing their first action after missing significant time with a hamstring issue are very poor bets. Brown showed very little burst, and was barely used in that game. If you've held this long, I'd hold two more weeks. He should be more involved this week. After two weeks (against Washington) is when you'll have a better idea whether to hold.

Reid was just working Brown in gently last game. I dont expect him to see many throws his way until at least week 5. Even then, he's probably WR3 (upside of WR2) on most fantasy teams.

Andy Reid does not spread the ball around among his WRs. Go look it up. The WR1 and WR2 are the only ones who get much more than 1 catch per game on average; this has been very consistent in the Reid era. What he does do is use the TEs and especially RB more than most teams.

If Brown is starting, he will get targets. If he's not starting, he won't. It really depends on whether he gets his starting job back from Jackson or not.

I'm tempted to cut his ###, but will wait 1 more week. He won't be starting for me (Andre Johnson & Brandon Marshall), I just don't want to see him picked up by a divisional foe and do better later.

Users who are viewing this thread