What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Report: Drew Brees possible shoulder injury (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
#NFL Game 469-70 New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees (Rotator Cuff) is out indefinitely via @DonBestSports bit.ly/desktop_db

2:15pm - 21 Sep 15

Edit: this has not been confirmed. This is a sports guy from New Orleans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Cooks stock would go up with this. He is quick and they will stack the box to force the qb to throw and he could be open a lot.

#NFL Game 469-70 New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees (Rotator Cuff) is out indefinitely via @DonBestSports bit.ly/desktop_db

2:15pm - 21 Sep 15
do you have an actual link?
Right, source it. That's a betting site twitter possibly spreading rumors to drive betting.

eta - looking at that twitter feed it doesn't look like that tweet is there (anymore), possibly deleted.

First off, it's Drew Brees, not Drew Bree's.

Second, @DonBestSports is just some gambler/handicapper dude.

Third, I checked his Twitter feed as well as his website and there's no mention of Drew Brees on either link. Just an offer to sign up to get his exclusive gambling picks.

First off, it's Drew Brees, not Drew Bree's.

Second, @DonBestSports is just some gambler/handicapper dude.

Third, I checked his Twitter feed as well as his website and there's no mention of Drew Brees on either link. Just an offer to sign up to get his exclusive gambling picks.
I first heard it on Sirius XM fantasy as an unconfirmed report then found that on Twitter. Don't know how legit it is so looking for more info.

Gambling Guys: true that NO @ CAR has been taken off the books in the last hour or so? Being reported elsewhere on other MBs.

If it turns out there isn't any truth to it, we'll probably make the thread title clear what the situation is for people who hear the rumor and come looking for info.

This is the best I can find on it, shows a video of when it may have happened but doesn't try to make any claims about severity. "It's unknown if Brees received treatment on his shoulder after the game. He didn't have the shoulder iced afterward while meeting with reporters for his post-game press conference."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/video_replays_show_drew_brees.html#incart_story_package

Drew told The Advocate: "I'll be fine." Albeit that may have been post game.

Saints News ‏@NO_Saints_News 2h2 hours ago

[The Advocate] - Drew Brees on shoulder injury: 'I'll be fine' http://go.0i0.us/AjJi #Saints #NFL

Players with torn rotator cuffs leave games, Drew continued to play. He had a play where his arm got yanked back, then he had to chase the fumble (very heads up play) even though the ball went forward, and had to scramble back like 20 yards to fall on the ball.

Later he had a losuy throw on a deep ball which had everyone chitting like little birds but that could have just been Drew typically throwing for Cooks to come back to the ball, and he didn't see the safety underneath, which is what he does.

I could find the picture where his arm was pulled back but really it looks worse than it is (apparently or as far as we know right now) so I'm not going to.

Lyons Yellin WWL-TV Verified account ‏@LyonsYellin

Drew Brees was in the #Saints locker room today and showed no visible signs of an injury. He's scheduled to speak to the media on Wednesday.

11:01 AM - 21 Sep 2015

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Steve Geller ‏@SteveGellerWWL 29m29 minutes ago

be careful where you get your information from folks.My wife texted me saying she saw on Facebook Brees was out for the season. FALSE!
Right ... because Steve Gellar broke the C.J. Spiller and Keenan Lewis injuries.

Wait, no he didn't -- FM 100.3 scooped everyone else. Albeit thanks to callers, not to actual reporting staff.
I will say I think it's 100.3 which may be driving this. Then there was the old Kenny Wilkerson scandal. Still, players leave games with rotator cuff injuries.

I will say I think it's 100.3 which may be driving this. Then there was the old Kenny Wilkerson scandal. Still, players leave games with rotator cuff injuries.
Wilkerson was no longer working for WWL 870 when he reported on Brees' 2010 knee sprain, right? Do you remember?

I'm sure 100.3 was able to puff up their chests quite a bit after getting breaking news about Keenan Lewis from a caller before WWL 870 knew what was going on. Maybe they want to catch lightning in a bottle twice?

They should hope he is out for the season. They stink and they need to draft his replacement. His arm is a noodle. Without him, they vie for the #1 overall.

Wilkerson was no longer working for WWL 870 when he reported on Brees' 2010 knee sprain, right? Do you remember?

I'm sure 100.3 was able to puff up their chests quite a bit after getting breaking news about Keenan Lewis from a caller before WWL 870 knew what was going on. Maybe they want to catch lightning in a bottle twice?
Yeah, I think he was on 690 (now gone) at the time and I recall him talking about it on the radio in live time. Nobody believed him.... but he was proved correct.

The Saints locker room has a lot of leaks. We're a gossipy town to begin with. Takes an hour for news to get from Airline to downtown.

Yeah, I think he was on 690 (now gone) at the time and I recall him talking about it on the radio in live time. Nobody believed him.... but he was proved correct.
That's it -- I knew 2010 wasn't Wilkerson's swan song on WWL.

And to bring this full circle ... 690 AM is where The Sports Hangover first started. Now they're on ... FM 100.3.

12049503_10206024494149164_952837772981458245_n.jpg

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12049503_10206024494149164_952837772981458245_n.jpg?oh=9e159efd165d8a4ca49b04cea49c0e1a&oe=565DD403

this would be brutal for the Saints....their entire offense would implode. Was thinking of making an offer for Ingram today but will definitely wait and see what happens with this news.

Man, they're dropping like flies this year.

on Sirius they're saying that the rapaport tweet is a phony twitter acct. don't know if that's true or not

on Sirius they're saying that the rapaport tweet is a phony twitter acct. don't know if that's true or not
There was a phoney Rapoport tweet earlier ("RealRapSheet" by Ian Rappoport is the fake acct).

This latest Rapoport tweet is legit.

Users who are viewing this thread