What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Request for donations (1 Viewer)

MikeIke

Footballguy
Hello,  FFA.  I don't make this request lightly. I have a dear friend,  we'll call her Weezy, whose 26-year old sister died unexpectedly this week.  My sons are good friends with Weezy's daughter,  she is at my house almost every day after school.  

The family is not in good shape financially. They are unable to afford a burial so they are going with a cremation. They couldn't afford embalming so the viewing had to be done quickly.  A coffin made of cardboard will be used,  because that's all they can afford. 

The family has set up a GoFundMe page to deal with costs associated with the service.  I have given Weezy what I can,  but it's not enough. 

I humbly ask the FFA to give a few dollars to this family.  You won't get anything in return,  apart from knowing that you did a good thing to help a family who needed it. 

I've seen the power of the FFA in various online polls and contests,  now I ask to see that same strength given to a family that really needs it. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

https://www.gofundme.com/3cpjuve4

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps,  Weezy is a hot blonde with a Southern accent. Won't you please help the hottie? 

Thanks for letting the FFA know about this, I feel for their family.

Donation made from a fellow C-Bus denizen.

Thank you everyone.  I have a feeling the $300 and another  $100 were from someone here. Truly,  FBG's are terrific people. 

Up to $1,400 now.  It was $765 before I started this thread.  Thank you very much,  everyone. 

Bump for the weekday crowd. The support you guys have given is truly humbling.

Saturday the daughter was at my house and she was talking about how her mom had set up this webpage for donations. She said they asked for $5,000 but honestly would be really happy with $1,000. I just winked at my wife and didn't mention what the FBG's have done. The total is now up to $1,535.

Thanks to all the donations,  Weezy was able to get an upgraded casket for the viewing.  Thankfully a cardboard box was not needed.  Here is her message to everyone who helped :

Hello everyone. Just wanted to update. We had a nice private family viewing for Peaches. We were able to get an upgraded viewing container for her.. And I'm so thankful. To see a loved one in nothing more than a plain cardboard box.. Would have been difficult to see. She looked good, considering. White shirt, pink scarf, her long blonde hair spread out nicely on her pillow. We miss her.I wanted to thank all of you who gave and sent love our way. You r giving made her service possible. So thank you all from our hearts. I'll be closing this fundraiser as of tomorrow. Hopefully.. I'll be able to pick up her urn tomorrow.Thank you all.. I can't say enough. God bless.

Users who are viewing this thread