What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Restrictive Rosters (1 Viewer)

wildbill

Footballguy
I have a draft this week in a league where the rosters are restricted to 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 PKs and 2 Defs. How should I alter my strategy for this kind of league?

I had planned on targetting Gates in the second or third round, but after giving it more thought, I think I'll pass. I'm going to have to take two TEs anyway, so it's not like I can take Gates early and then use an extra pick later on another RB or WR. I think I'd be better off using that early pick on a RB or WR, and then using a couple of later picks on a pair of top ten TEs.

I am in a league with strict roster requirements as well. Last year was my first year for that league. I like your thoughts regarding a TE, although also realize that with roster requirements you have to make each position count a little more and can't say, decide to pass on a 2nd defense to speculate on a rb wr etc. That is one reason I am not crazy about the format, but a buddy of mine invited me to join and frankly I figured I'd be one of a few sharks ( I was right).

I am in a league with the same requirements. RBs go early as usual, so I would take 2 early like by the 3rd definitely. With everyone taking 2 TEs the #4-12 go a little earlier than usual. I think it is a VERY good strategy to take a top 3 TE early then wait til 9 or 10 to take your second. Having a stud TE is key b/c everyone must have 2 on their roster. If you can get Gates or Shockey in the 3rd, jump on it!

Forgot to say, b/c there will be value at WR late!!! in these leagues people usually worry about their starting lineup first instead of VBD.

Users who are viewing this thread