What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rev Up The Knowshon Moreno Bandwagon This Week (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
Buckhalter's out which means Moreno will dominate the touches at home against the Raiders. In the first game against Oakland, Moreno rushed for 90 yards and a TD.

He could be a Top 10 RB this week with Buckhalter out.

From RotoWorld:

Correll Buckhalter (ankle) is not expected to play this week.

Buckhalter said this sprain is similar to the one he suffered in Week 4, except it's to his other ankle. That injury caused him to miss one game. If Buck does sit, Knowshon Moreno is in line for every-down duty and would become an elite fantasy play against the Raiders.

Source: Denver Post

Related: Knowshon Moreno

Moreno is going to struggle if he has to carry the load. Hopefully Hillis will be involved so Knowshon can take himself out of the game every third carry.

Starting him in 2 leagues, over DeAngelo in my big $$ league.

I agree about Moreno struggling when he carries the load, but this Raiders matchup is too good for that to happen. Another opponent, and I wouldn't be so optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't get too excited. He hasn't proven to have the big game capability. In 205 carries this year, his longest run is only 36 yards and he only has 2 games with carries > 20 yards. He doesn't have a 100 yard rushing game yet despite having 17+ carries in 8 games. Seems like his reasonable cap has been 80yds/1TD and maybe 1-2 receptions for 15 yds.

That being said, with Buckhalter's injury, I am very content starting him over Addai this week.

I'm not predicting a Chris Johnson game but he got 90 and a TD against the Raiders in the first game. And that was with Buckhalter in the lineup. Buckhalter rushed for 108 yards in that game. The matchup is VERY favorable with Buckhalter. It's potentially great without him in the lineup. Ganther scored twice against Oakland in Week 14 so I think Moreno has a good shot at multiple TDs. The Broncos shouldn't have to throw it much this week.

Moreno is going to struggle if he has to carry the load. Hopefully Hillis will be involved so Knowshon can take himself out of the game every third carry.
He was gassed by the end of last game. He mentioned a week or so ago about how long the year is. He should be a fine play but I imagine Hillis will get a few carries too.

I'm not predicting a Chris Johnson game but he got 90 and a TD against the Raiders in the first game. And that was with Buckhalter in the lineup. Buckhalter rushed for 108 yards in that game. The matchup is VERY favorable with Buckhalter. It's potentially great without him in the lineup. Ganther scored twice against Oakland in Week 14 so I think Moreno has a good shot at multiple TDs. The Broncos shouldn't have to throw it much this week.
:goodposting:

Biggest bump for him, in my mind, is now he's almost guaranteed at least one TD. Raiders give those up at a pretty steady clip to running backs, regardless of whether they surrender yardage or not. The chances that Moreno gets all RB touchdowns the Broncos get shoots up with Buckhalter out.

Drafted him a round before his ADP...and have stuck with him all year. Turned down a moreno/vjax trade offer back when vjax was smoking hot! Looking forward to a big time game when needed most... :rolleyes:

I would be content with 90 and a TD - but those numbers definitely don't rev up my bandwagon for an RB, especially in the semi-finals of fantasy playoffs. If they continue to give Marshall even half the targets they gave him last week, 2-5 yard hitches and quick slants could be their alternative to feeding Moreno the ball much more than they did with Buckhalter in the lineup. Given his season so far, I don't think owners could've asked for a better script for his prospects this week given the Buckhalter injury and the previous success against the Raiders. Its just too bad the script may only be for 90/1TD

I would be content with 90 and a TD - but those numbers definitely don't rev up my bandwagon for an RB
I think he could get 90+ yards, 2 TDs and 2-4 receptions for 20+ more yards. That has me revved up. :thumbdown:

I would be content with 90 and a TD - but those numbers definitely don't rev up my bandwagon for an RB
I think he could get 90+ yards, 2 TDs and 2-4 receptions for 20+ more yards. That has me revved up. ;)
So bascially the extra excitement is that he could get 2 TDs instead of 1. Since Buckhalter only has 1 TD all season long, I wouldn't get my hopes up that his absence helps at all for Moreno's TD prospects... that means it would all boil down to a favourable match-up vs. Oakland.

I think he could get 90+ yards, 2 TDs and 2-4 receptions for 20+ more yards. That has me revved up. :lmao:
So bascially the extra excitement is that he could get 2 TDs instead of 1. Since Buckhalter only has 1 TD all season long, I wouldn't get my hopes up that his absence helps at all for Moreno's TD prospects... that means it would all boil down to a favourable match-up vs. Oakland.
The extra excitement is because I believe his yardage potential is much higher, his TD potential is much higher and his receiving potential is much higher. He is averaging about 8 points per game in my PPR league. I think he has the potential to not only double that but triple it this week. If that makes me the only one who's fired up, I can live with that. But I am fired up about this matchup. :)

I'm considering sitting Gore for Moreno this week....I hate to sit my studs, but I think Moreno has more potential for a monster game.

The extra excitement is because I believe his yardage potential is much higher, his TD potential is much higher and his receiving potential is much higher. He is averaging about 8 points per game in my PPR league. I think he has the potential to not only double that but triple it this week. If that makes me the only one who's fired up, I can live with that. But I am fired up about this matchup. ;)
Okay, I'm on board. :thumbup: I was just being pessimistic so I don't get too anxious about my match-up this week.

I going to start 3 of the following RBs

Rice vs CHI

Charles vs CLE

Moreno vs OAK

R Williams at TEN

Nice luxury to have!

Charles and Rice are no brainers.....have great matchups. While Ricky has been hot since Ronnie Brown went down, I am probably going to go with Moreno since the matchup is THAT much better.

Drafted him a round before his ADP...and have stuck with him all year. Turned down a moreno/vjax trade offer back when vjax was smoking hot! Looking forward to a big time game when needed most... :no:
I drafted him early to but will be benching him for Charles. I wish my league had a flex spot.

Published Wed Dec 16 5:30:50 p.m. PT 2009(RotoWire) Moreno (ankle) was limited at practice Wednesday, the Broncos' official site reports.Analysis: Moreno was reportedly moving around gingerly after Week 14's game against the Colts, so it's not surprising he was limited Wednesday. More on his status as the week rolls along.

Published Wed Dec 16 5:30:50 p.m. PT 2009(RotoWire) Moreno (ankle) was limited at practice Wednesday, the Broncos' official site reports.Analysis: Moreno was reportedly moving around gingerly after Week 14's game against the Colts, so it's not surprising he was limited Wednesday. More on his status as the week rolls along.
wtf, I'll kill somebody.

Which matchup would you consider juicier? Who has the higher floor and ceiling?

Jamaal Charles vs Cleveland

Knowshon Moreno sans Buckhalter vs Oakland

Which matchup would you consider juicier? Who has the higher floor and ceiling?Jamaal Charles vs ClevelandKnowshon Moreno sans Buckhalter vs Oakland
Knowshon getting all the touches against oakland! for a team that rocks the run! Knowshon is the top RB this week OUT OF ALL RUNNING BACKS!!! 250 yards and 4TD

Which matchup would you consider juicier? Who has the higher floor and ceiling?Jamaal Charles vs ClevelandKnowshon Moreno sans Buckhalter vs Oakland
They are both the primary ball carrier on their respective teams and they both have sweet matchups.However Charles has shown more on the field than Knowshon.

Honest question: how bad is gingerly?

Pending info on his ankle, it's hard to imagine RBs I would play over Moreno outside of the obvious CJ/AD/MJD/Rice and maybe Wells. Oakland is terrible against the run and their offense wont be able to keep this close. Moreno could have a 2-3 TD outburst on the short fields the D will create alone.

Argh! But really, if it was bad I don't think he would have practiced at all on Wednesday.

Argh! But really, if it was bad I don't think he would have practiced at all on Wednesday.
good instincts. I asked Denver beat writer Frank Schwab about the ankle and he said the exact same thing:
At the moment, no. If was that bad he'd have been held out Wed RT @SigmundBloom any reason to think Moreno's ankle will affect him vs. Oak?

Pending info on his ankle, it's hard to imagine RBs I would play over Moreno outside of the obvious CJ/AD/MJD/Rice and maybe Wells. Oakland is terrible against the run and their offense wont be able to keep this close. Moreno could have a 2-3 TD outburst on the short fields the D will create alone.
Don't you believe in Charlie Frye?Why do you hate America?

Good news from Rotoworld:

Latest News:

Knowshon Moreno upgraded to full participation Thursday after being limited with an ankle injury Wednesday. Correll Buckhalter (ankle) is still being held out and is unlikely to play this week. Moreno should carry the load in a favorable matchup against the Raiders. He's our No. 12 fantasy option at running back this week.

If you can't do it at home against a hated rival with a pathetic running defense in a must win game you might not be able to do it at all.

He was no gain and a cloud of dust today.

How did this chump ever get so much hype coming into the NFL? I've seen nothing dynamic about this guy. Why did he get drafted so high?

I am an underwhelmed Moreno owner. I've seen TV analysts talk about him as potential ROY, and I don't even know where they're coming from. Are they watching the same guy? He's had a few good games and a lot of stinkers. This article puts it in a pretty good perspective, and it ain't pretty. Blecch!

So, are we all still on the Moreno bandwagon when they go to Philly?

So, are we all still on the Moreno bandwagon when they go to Philly?
Uhm...hell no.
:goodposting: I've pretty much seen nothing this year that has impressed me about Moreno. He's just an average back and has been outplayed by Buckhalter all year long.
Add to that Buckhalter practised today and he said he will play this week. When Buckhalter plays this is a true platoon situation and Buckhlater of course has the added motivation of going up against his former team.Moreno also isn't used much as a receiver when the Broncos are behind which is probably likely to happen in this game.If Fargas is out I will definitely start Michael Bush over Moreno this week.

Users who are viewing this thread